Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Apologetics Afield: Cartoon Derail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologetics Afield: Cartoon Derail.

Originally posted by TheWall
    I read this in Tara Strong's voice. I was not dissapointed.
    Which one?

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Which one?

Oh we are going to be freinds cerebrum. Personally I felt raven was her best role, but honestly I have not watched much mlp. Royal canter lot wedding was great and I loved sunset shimmer. The fandom is what made me way less interested in the show.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      Oh we are going to be freinds cerebrum. Personally I felt raven was her best role, but honestly I have not watched much mlp. Royal canter lot wedding was great and I loved sunset shimmer. The fandom is what made me way less interested in the show.
      Azarath metrion zinthos!

Raven was my favorite Teen Titan.

It's a shame that Teen Titans Go! exists though, it is absolute garbage. Tara Strong also did Bubbles from Power Puff Girls, Ben Tennyson from Ben 10, Omi from Xiaolin Showdown, and many, many more. I've always been fascinated by voice acting every since I found out how Mel Blanc did practically every Looney Tunes character for many years. Later on I noticed my talent for recognizing voice actors performing different roles, or even just recognizing voices at all. Jim Cummings and Grey DeLisle are some of the more prolific voice actors out there.

Speaking of cartoons, have you checked out the new DuckTales? It's pretty good. After the premier the best two episodes are The Great Dime Chase, and House of the Lucky Gander. I liked the other episodes too, but they weren't quite as good. Supposedly they are going to introduce Darkwing Duck later in the series, which I hope leads to an equally good reboot of that show. I hope it grows in popularity, and they dump the garbage they have on Disney XD, which is unfortunately a lot. I mean, for a while Disney was the best when it came to Saturday morning cartoons.

Sadly most other channels have gotten pretty terrible too. Too much junk like Uncle Grandpa, Teen Titans Go!, Hector and Korvich, etc. The animation is bad, the writing is bad, the voice acting is often really bad too. Teen Titans Go! being one of the exceptions since it has the same actors as the old Teen Titans.
      Last edited by Cerebrum123; 10-16-2017, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Teen titans go is awful. I was not raised on ducktales but I must admit I do think the reboot looks fun. Honestly I think part of why I am more interested in older shows is because they are known to be good.

Cartoon network has a big problem of forgetting their own fans. Boomerang doesn't air Hannah Barbara stuff anymore, no reruns of regular show, adenture time is ending with almost no publicity, and some fandom are just awful.
        sigpic

Comment

Teen Titans Go took everything that was good about Teen Titans and tossed it aside and instead took everything bad about Teen Titans and amplified it to the max.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Teen Titans Go took everything that was good about Teen Titans and tossed it aside and instead took everything bad about Teen Titans and amplified it to the max.
            Yes exactly.
            It is honestly the next Johnny test. Cheap to make, ridiculously easy to market, refuses to die, is aired non stop, honestly it is maddening.
            sigpic

Comment

Teen titans go is awful. I was not raised on ducktales but I must admit I do think the reboot looks fun. Honestly I think part of why I am more interested in older shows is because they are known to be good.

Cartoon network has a big problem of forgetting their own fans. Boomerang doesn't air Hannah Barbara stuff anymore, no reruns of regular show, adenture time is ending with almost no publicity, and some fandom are just awful.
              This is so true. Cartoon Network used to be entirely about old cartoons, primarily Hanna Barbara works. It was nice to see them make new stuff, but then they just more and more threw out the old, when it was interesting and fun to find old cartoons I had never seen before like Birdman, or the Super Globetrotters. Boomerang was created as a way to keep what Cartoon Network was originally about, but now it's just gone.

You should check out some of the old Disney stuff. Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, DuckTales, Darkwing Duck*, Talespin, Gargoyles, Aladdin the Animated Series etc. Other good stuff is Batman the Animated Series, Spider-Man the Animated Series, Transformers:Beast Wars, Batman Beyond, The Zeta Project, Static Shock, Justice League etc.

For somewhat more recent stuff I liked Code Lyoko, Symbionic Titan**, Totally Spies(not really sure why I liked it ), Ben 10(Omniverse started to get dumb though, and the reboot looks terrible), and Invader Zim.

Regular Show was one of the few things I'd even watch more recently as most other cartoons had been pretty terrible. Regular Show was rather hit or miss when I watched it. Either it was really funny, or just really bad. My favorite one was where the geese tried to take over the park. I didn't like Adventure Time though. I mean, I didn't think it was terrible by any means, I just didn't care for it.

I've always been interested in animation and voice acting, my first true favorite was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Although looking back it was of worse quality than it appeared to me as a kid. The new one on Nickelodeon is pretty decent.

*One of my favorites. It's kind of like combining Daffy Duck, and Batman. Unusual combination, but they made it work a lot better than it sounds.
              ** This was actually way more recent, but it got cancelled really quick.

Pretty much this. Although I didn't mind some of the more silly stuff, and some of the weird animation, Teen Titans Go! is entirely made of it. It got bad after extremely short doses, but now it is all they have, which is pretty close to toxic levels of bad.

Comment

Code lookout, static shock, nineties x men, batman the animated series, nineties spiderman, fosters home for imaginary freinds, and Bo-Bobo were my jam growing up. Adventure time to me got great when they revealed ice king'size past. Gravity falls was amazing.
                sigpic

Comment

Code lookout, static shock, nineties x men, batman the animated series, nineties spiderman, fosters home for imaginary freinds, and Bo-Bobo were my jam growing up. Adventure time to me got great when they revealed ice king'size past. Gravity falls was amazing.
                  I'd agree with you all the way until the last one. Not to my taste. And Code Lyoko was pretty good although not amongst my favorites

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I hust realized this might be my first derail thread.
                    sigpic

Comment

I watched one episode of Gravity Falls, and it was okay. I didn't care much for Fosters, and Bobo-bo-bobo or whatever was so strange I had a hard time watching it. That's saying something since I liked Ultimate Muscle, Fighting Foodons, and Invader Zim. The rest that you mention were good though.

A few other shows I liked. Dave the Barbarian, Kim Possible, Danny Phantom, Fairly Oddparents, Megas XLR, Johnny Bravo, Men in Black, Big Guy and Rusty, Godzilla, Robo Cop, The Magician(was on Fox a long time ago), and Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century. Beast Machines, the continuation of Beast Wars was interesting, but got kind of strange.

Comment

I'd agree with you all the way until the last one. Not to my taste. And Code Lyoko was pretty good although not amongst my favorites
                        All of them had pretty decent animation, and while not to my taste on some, they at least seemed creative. Unlike the garbage dump that Cartoon Network has mostly become.

Comment

Ultimate muscle/ Kinnikuman nisei got absolutely destroyed by 4kids. Shame really. Still that show had another problem being that the original show was never aired in the us and was banned in France. Broken Jr you are an awesome character but you kinda made it much harder for your series to be as popular as it should be.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ultimate muscle/ Kinnikuman nisei got absolutely destroyed by 4kids. Shame really. Still that show had another problem being that the original show was never aired in the us and was banned in France. Broken Jr you are an awesome character but you kinda made it much harder for your series to be as popular as it should be.
                            Brokken Jr. wasn't the only one. Ramen Man, Buffalo Man, and others were quite brutal. The 4Kids version is what I watched, and yeah, it probably was butchered by them like the characters routinely did to each other in the original.

Comment

Kinnikuman was brutal as all get out. I read the manga. Great series. W Rsman and Robin Mask however in my opinion were the best characters.
                              sigpic

Comment