Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Apologetics Afield: Cartoon Derail.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    Code lookout, static shock, nineties x men, batman the animated series, nineties spiderman, fosters home for imaginary freinds, and Bo-Bobo were my jam growing up. Adventure time to me got great when they revealed ice king'size past. Gravity falls was amazing.
    I watched one episode of Gravity Falls, and it was okay. I didn't care much for Fosters, and Bobo-bo-bobo or whatever was so strange I had a hard time watching it. That's saying something since I liked Ultimate Muscle, Fighting Foodons, and Invader Zim. The rest that you mention were good though.

A few other shows I liked. Dave the Barbarian, Kim Possible, Danny Phantom, Fairly Oddparents, Megas XLR, Johnny Bravo, Men in Black, Big Guy and Rusty, Godzilla, Robo Cop, The Magician(was on Fox a long time ago), and Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century. Beast Machines, the continuation of Beast Wars was interesting, but got kind of strange.
    Safka, you are NOT "unknown", you were loved by many, and you will not be forgotten. I will always remember you Puginator.

2. Amen TheWall amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    I'd agree with you all the way until the last one. Not to my taste. And Code Lyoko was pretty good although not amongst my favorites
    All of them had pretty decent animation, and while not to my taste on some, they at least seemed creative. Unlike the garbage dump that Cartoon Network has mostly become.
    Safka, you are NOT "unknown", you were loved by many, and you will not be forgotten. I will always remember you Puginator.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Ultimate muscle/ Kinnikuman nisei got absolutely destroyed by 4kids. Shame really. Still that show had another problem being that the original show was never aired in the us and was banned in France. Broken Jr you are an awesome character but you kinda made it much harder for your series to be as popular as it should be.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Ultimate muscle/ Kinnikuman nisei got absolutely destroyed by 4kids. Shame really. Still that show had another problem being that the original show was never aired in the us and was banned in France. Broken Jr you are an awesome character but you kinda made it much harder for your series to be as popular as it should be.
    Brokken Jr. wasn't the only one. Ramen Man, Buffalo Man, and others were quite brutal. The 4Kids version is what I watched, and yeah, it probably was butchered by them like the characters routinely did to each other in the original.

6. Amen TheWall amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Kinnikuman was brutal as all get out. I read the manga. Great series. W Rsman and Robin Mask however in my opinion were the best characters.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Kinnikuman was brutal as all get out. I read the manga. Great series. W Rsman and Robin Mask however in my opinion were the best characters.
    Yeah, I read some of it too, and was pretty shocked to see how different it was. Kind of like how I was shocked when I watched Rorouni Kenshin and then later saw Samurai X. I mean in one scene he barely cut his thumb unsheathing his reverse blade sword, and a fountain of blood squirted out.

9. Amen TheWall amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Oh the Rurouni Kenshin stuff doesnt end there.
    Remember the fight between Sano and the monk where they beat eachother with futae no kiwami? In the manga they outright show that sano broke almost every bone in his hand.

The anime also became filler after the shishio arc. Sad really because the next arc went over Kenshin's time as battousai and had him fight Einshi. Einshi was so good at messing with kenshin he beat the Amakakeru Ryo no Hirameki. I repeat he psyched kenshin out so hard he beat the most prolific quick draw attack in anime history.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The one thing I liked about Rurouni Kenshin is that it didn't rely on super-human magical abilities like so many fighting animes do. Not to say they didn't have any but rather most of it was at least in the realm of the possible.

I'm always still in trouble again

12. Amen TheWall, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Teen Titans Go took everything that was good about Teen Titans and tossed it aside and instead took everything bad about Teen Titans and amplified it to the max.
    I actually like Teen Titans Go, at least the episodes I've seen of it. If you try to look at it as a new version of Teen Titans you'll definitely be disappointed but if you look at it as a parody of superhero teams I think it mostly works pretty well.

Ultimate Muscle is actually a case where some credit should go to 4Kids. The series was cancelled in Japan, but it was successful enough in the US for 4Kids to order more episodes and complete the story arc the series was on. Although, 4Kids told the animators to leave off all of the Kanji in those episodes (the preceding episodes had Kanji in the original Japanese but 4Kids scrubbed them out), which was apparently confusing to the Japanese when the episodes ended up airing back in Japan.

Code lookout, static shock, nineties x men, batman the animated series, nineties spiderman, fosters home for imaginary freinds, and Bo-Bobo were my jam growing up. Adventure time to me got great when they revealed ice king'size past. Gravity falls was amazing.
    Bo-BoBo is criminally underrated. Frustratingly, it's really hard to find DVDs of it because the first attempt at DVD releases quit after a few 4-episode volumes, and the second attempt, while releasing the full series, was produced in limited quantities so it's hard to find them nowadays.

14. Amen TheWall amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    I actually like Teen Titans Go
    Nobody's perfect.

I'm always still in trouble again

16. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.