Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Apologetics Afield: Cartoon Derail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
    Kinnikuman was brutal as all get out. I read the manga. Great series. W Rsman and Robin Mask however in my opinion were the best characters.
    Yeah, I read some of it too, and was pretty shocked to see how different it was. Kind of like how I was shocked when I watched Rorouni Kenshin and then later saw Samurai X. I mean in one scene he barely cut his thumb unsheathing his reverse blade sword, and a fountain of blood squirted out.

Comment

Oh the Rurouni Kenshin stuff doesnt end there.
      Remember the fight between Sano and the monk where they beat eachother with futae no kiwami? In the manga they outright show that sano broke almost every bone in his hand.

The anime also became filler after the shishio arc. Sad really because the next arc went over Kenshin's time as battousai and had him fight Einshi. Einshi was so good at messing with kenshin he beat the Amakakeru Ryo no Hirameki. I repeat he psyched kenshin out so hard he beat the most prolific quick draw attack in anime history.
      sigpic

Comment

The one thing I liked about Rurouni Kenshin is that it didn't rely on super-human magical abilities like so many fighting animes do. Not to say they didn't have any but rather most of it was at least in the realm of the possible.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Teen Titans Go took everything that was good about Teen Titans and tossed it aside and instead took everything bad about Teen Titans and amplified it to the max.
          I actually like Teen Titans Go, at least the episodes I've seen of it. If you try to look at it as a new version of Teen Titans you'll definitely be disappointed but if you look at it as a parody of superhero teams I think it mostly works pretty well.

Ultimate muscle/ Kinnikuman nisei got absolutely destroyed by 4kids. Shame really. Still that show had another problem being that the original show was never aired in the us and was banned in France. Broken Jr you are an awesome character but you kinda made it much harder for your series to be as popular as it should be.
          Ultimate Muscle is actually a case where some credit should go to 4Kids. The series was cancelled in Japan, but it was successful enough in the US for 4Kids to order more episodes and complete the story arc the series was on. Although, 4Kids told the animators to leave off all of the Kanji in those episodes (the preceding episodes had Kanji in the original Japanese but 4Kids scrubbed them out), which was apparently confusing to the Japanese when the episodes ended up airing back in Japan.

Code lookout, static shock, nineties x men, batman the animated series, nineties spiderman, fosters home for imaginary freinds, and Bo-Bobo were my jam growing up. Adventure time to me got great when they revealed ice king'size past. Gravity falls was amazing.
          Bo-BoBo is criminally underrated. Frustratingly, it's really hard to find DVDs of it because the first attempt at DVD releases quit after a few 4-episode volumes, and the second attempt, while releasing the full series, was produced in limited quantities so it's hard to find them nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
            I actually like Teen Titans Go
            Nobody's perfect.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Ever notice some shows see,more harder to get into? It's like if a show finished it isn't to hard to get into it if you find it. Whereas shows that are still going it seems harder to get into.
              sigpic

Comment

The one thing I liked about Rurouni Kenshin is that it didn't rely on super-human magical abilities like so many fighting animes do. Not to say they didn't have any but rather most of it was at least in the realm of the possible.
                It definitely made it stand out from most of the other anime stuff I watched. The stuff I liked early on was Rorouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho: Spirit Detective, and Cyborg 009. For a while I really disliked Dragon Ball Z because of how ridiculously over powered everyone was. Then I realized it was in a lot more stuff that I used to watch than I had realized.

When I was really young I watched stuff like Super Book, and Flying House. It was much later, but the next anime I really got into was Digimon Adventures. I mean, the Pokemon show was okay at first, but it was mostly the games that were good. As a show I liked Digimon far better. They also had a much larger variety of monsters, with a lot more that look extremely cool, and or tough. Pokemon are almost always far more "cutesy" even when the are designing one that is supposed to be tough. Charizard was probably one of the more interesting designs for a long time, and he kind of pales in comparison to stuff like Omnimon, WarGreymon, WereGarurumon etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                  I actually like Teen Titans Go, at least the episodes I've seen of it. If you try to look at it as a new version of Teen Titans you'll definitely be disappointed but if you look at it as a parody of superhero teams I think it mostly works pretty well.
                  It originally was a parody of Teen Titans, and was shown in commercial length(or slightly longer) shorts. It was somewhat tolerable for that duration, but I still didn't really like it back then.

Ultimate Muscle is actually a case where some credit should go to 4Kids. The series was cancelled in Japan, but it was successful enough in the US for 4Kids to order more episodes and complete the story arc the series was on. Although, 4Kids told the animators to leave off all of the Kanji in those episodes (the preceding episodes had Kanji in the original Japanese but 4Kids scrubbed them out), which was apparently confusing to the Japanese when the episodes ended up airing back in Japan.
                  I must have missed the ending then. They were on the story with the lanterns of Ultimate Muscle when I was watching, but I never got to see the end. The last fight I saw was between Kid Muscle and a kind of zombie looking guy that was somehow related to Kinkotsuman/Skullduggery. I don't think I even got to see the end of the fight itself.

Bo-BoBo is criminally underrated. Frustratingly, it's really hard to find DVDs of it because the first attempt at DVD releases quit after a few 4-episode volumes, and the second attempt, while releasing the full series, was produced in limited quantities so it's hard to find them nowadays.
                  I had been told about a place called Crunchyroll a while back, so I checked to see if they had some of my old favorites, and unfortunately they have nothing I would want. They don't have anything for Bo-Bobo either, just a page with some information about the series, but no way to watch any of it. Netflix or youtube might have it though. I think I saw it under the anime tab once on Netflix, but my memory isn't always the best.

Comment

Oh we are going to be freinds cerebrum. Personally I felt raven was her best role, but honestly I have not watched much mlp. Royal canter lot wedding was great and I loved sunset shimmer. The fandom is what made me way less interested in the show.
                    TheWall would it help you gain interest if you knew I was a fan of MLP?

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                      Et tu RTT? Et tu?

Comment

Et tu RTT? Et tu?
                        Since the first season.

Comment

Ever notice some shows see,more harder to get into? It's like if a show finished it isn't to hard to get into it if you find it. Whereas shows that are still going it seems harder to get into.
                          I never had an issue with them not being finished. In fact one of the older cartoons I used to really like ended on a cliffhanger. Sonic Underground. Last time I was watching much Netflix they had the entirety of what was produced available to watch.

Comment

Et tu RTT? Et tu?
                            I don't understand the intensity of people liking the show, but I also don't understand the intensity of those hating it. The art style is a little weird, but it was okay otherwise. Now the fans of the show can be quite disturbing, but that's true of anything.

Comment

A couple others like that are Blade of the Immortal (in spite of the main character being blessed/cursed with immortality), Samurai Champloo (can get kind of silly at times), Sword of the Stranger (a movie) and one where the title escapes me which starts with the two main characters, one blind and the other one-armed preparing to face off in a competition and then tells how they arrived there (extremely graphic with no hero or even likable characters though)

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                                Intruiging.
                                sigpic

Comment