Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Apologetics Afield: Cartoon Derail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WB has gone through phases with their animation too. For a while they had some stuff like Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs, Freakazoid, and Earthworm Jim. It didn't last long, but they had a show called Loonatics* which was basically combining Looney Tunes with X-Men.

Cartoon Network did a Duck Dodgers cartoon a while back that was pretty decent, but their new Looney Tunes show was awful. They basically tried to force it into being a sitcom with Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny living in the same house. There was a newer Johnny Quest cartoon in the late 90's or so, and it was pretty good. Nothing like that garbage Johnny Test cartoon.

Until they rebooted it Ben 10 series was good, but went downhill with Omniverse. I think they should have just gone on to the Ben 10,000 stuff that they had hinted at since the original series instead of making Omniverse, or the rebooted junk.
    It didn't last long, but Secret Saturdays was pretty good, and Generator Rex was decent during the time I got to watch it. Symbionic Titan was great, but they cancelled it because they couldn't come up with ideas for toys, and it was a show with giant robots and aliens. I mean come on guys, it's not that hard to make toys for something like that.

A long time ago I watched something called Card Captors, and that was interesting. Sonic X was a pretty good adaptation of the Sonic Adventure game series although they did make it kind of weird that it was all because they were in a different dimension. Once they returned "home" things got pretty strange.
    I can't remember what it was called, but a really long time ago I remember some anime** show that was basically a collection of folk tales. The one that I actually remember involved a little boy getting turned into a deer by a witch, and his sister trying to find him to change him back to normal.
    There was also a movie of Little Nemo, which I never would have known was from some really old newspaper comics if I hadn't been looking through some really old stuff at my school.

Nickelodeon had some good stuff like Angry Beavers, Invader Zim, and more recently their TMNT cartoon. I liked the earlier episodes of Spongebob Squarepants, but later episodes just didn't seem anywhere near as funny. More often they were just disturbing, like the one where Squidward gets his face injured and it somehow makes him more "handsome" each time he gets hit.

I actually like Street Sharks despite it being a rip-off of TMNT. In fact that might be why I liked it. I know a lot of people didn't like it, but I used to watch Wild West Cowboys of Moo Mesa. It probably was pretty bad.

Bonkers was pretty good. Reminded me of Who Framed Roger Rabbit to a degree.

Another cartoon cancelled too early was Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. They shut it down very quickly after Disney bought Marvel. They also did the same to Spectacular Spider-Man, which had kind of weird looking animation, it was pretty good. The voice actor for Green Goblin was really good, I'll have to check who he was. He was perfect for the part, like Mark Hamil was perfect for the role of The Joker in Batman the Animated Series. If it wasn't him, I think he might have been trying to imitate him to a degree.

*Might have had the word Unleashed in the title.
    **Well, I think it was anime, but some animation styles can blur the distinction a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

There was a newer Johnny Quest cartoon in the late 90's or so, and it was pretty good. Nothing like that garbage Johnny Test cartoon.
      As a kid I loved the original Jonny Quest. It was easily my favorite and I still like it. The art work was great as were the stories. In the 80s they came out with The New Adventures of Jonny Quest but it just didn't quite cut it. And the 90s Real Adventures of Jonny Quest seemed to come from two different studios (different art work) with one being painfully politically correct.

And personally I thought Johnny Test was okay. Not good but not Teen Titans Go terrible

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        As a kid I loved the original Jonny Quest. It was easily my favorite and I still like it. The art work was great as were the stories. In the 80s they came out with The New Adventures of Jonny Quest but it just didn't quite cut it. And the 90s Real Adventures of Jonny Quest seemed to come from two different studios (different art work) with one being painfully politically correct.

And personally I thought Johnny Test was okay. Not good but not Teen Titans Go terrible
        I might have gotten the time frame wrong then. I think it was "The New Adventure of Johnny Quest" that I watched, but it might have been reruns by the time I got to watch it.

As for Johnny Test, it was just slightly above Teen Titans Go! for me. It was basically a very bad rip-off of Dexter's Lab IMO. Johnny was basically a male version of Dee Dee, only far more annoying, and his sisters were basically female versions of Dexter split into identical twins. The dad was basically the mom from Dexter's Lab, complete with the obsession with being clean.

I didn't get to watch much of the original Johnny Quest, but I liked what I saw.

Comment

We were trying to find some stuff to watch, and stumbled on to Atomic Puppet in Disney XD's On Demand menu. It's pretty weird, but also pretty funny. I might try watching Wander Over Yonder, and Star vs The Forces of Evil. I don't know if they are any good though. The latter of the two kind of gave off a Power Puff Girls vibe. Kind of girly, and simple art, but they are fighting monsters and stuff.

Comment

We were trying to find some stuff to watch, and stumbled on to Atomic Puppet in Disney XD's On Demand menu. It's pretty weird, but also pretty funny. I might try watching Wander Over Yonder, and Star vs The Forces of Evil. I don't know if they are any good though. The latter of the two kind of gave off a Power Puff Girls vibe. Kind of girly, and simple art, but they are fighting monsters and stuff.
            Star vs the forces of evil is scott pilgrim meets sailor moon.
            sigpic

Comment

For "weird and funny," it would take a lot to beat "Bunny and Tiger."

https://www5.animesubhd.net/watch/su...er-bunny-ep-1/
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
              Scripture before Tradition:
              but that won't prevent others from
              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                Star vs the forces of evil is scott pilgrim meets sailor moon.
                I disliked Sailor Moon when I was younger, especially after some stuff my brother and cousin pulled on me. When I was watching something else they sneakily took the remote that was nearby, and took away my crutches* as well. They then put in a VHS with a Sailor Moon movie on it. I was stuck on that couch for the whole movie.

I never saw the Scott Pilgrim stuff.

*Fortunately I'm not on crutches anymore.

Comment

Your cousins sound mean.
                  sigpic

Comment

Your cousins sound mean.
                    Even worse was when they did the same thing put on Teletubbies!

My brother was in on it too. They weren't always like that, but I was often on the receiving end of things like that.

Comment

Even worse was when they did the same thing put on Teletubbies!

My brother was in on it too. They weren't always like that, but I was often on the receiving end of things like that.
                      I enjoy anime so I wouldnt mind watching sailor moon. Teletubies however are that special kind of torture you dare not to mutter for fear of being institutionalised
                      sigpic

Comment

I enjoy anime so I wouldnt mind watching sailor moon. Teletubies however are that special kind of torture you dare not to mutter for fear of being institutionalised
                        I didn't really like Sailor Moon, but it wasn't torture like Teletubbies was.

Comment

I didn't really like Sailor Moon, but it wasn't torture like Teletubbies was.
                          Hello everyone, my name is rogue
                          Hi rogue

I'm a cartoon junkie and I liked Inuyasha
                          *GASP*

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Hello everyone, my name is rogue
                            Hi rogue

I'm a cartoon junkie and I liked Inuyasha
                            *GASP*
                            That's nothing, I liked, wait for it, Wild West Cowboys of Moo Mesa. .

Comment

You guys are awesome.
                              sigpic

Comment

You guys are awesome.
                                Don't hear that too often, so, thanks!

Comment