Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberals have jumped the shark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
    When Republicans misbehave, they say the POTUS is Antichrist, or is not from the USA, or is building FEMA camps in order to persecute Christians. And when none of the predicted horrors occur, there is never a hint of an apology for spreading lies, false prophecies and character assassination. Democrats and GOPers can be as bad as each other.
    The GOPers seem to riot a whole lot less about these things, though.

No other Western country has such poisonously polarised politics - why are things so bad in the US ?
    Both the Republicans and Democrats have gotten increasingly incompetent, but the two still have a stranglehold on politics that people are generally convinced their only choices are one or the other. There are some signs that this might be decreasing, but for now at least that's the general perception.

Since neither party is really able to point to much positive about themselves, and neither has much competition outside of the other, they've been reduced to railing as hard as they can in attacking the other side in the hopes it'll make their side look better by comparison. This effect trickles down to many of their supporters.

Comment

• A lot of why Trump won was because we were hoping he would break up the Good Ol' Boys Club in Washington.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        Grasshopper, you have a long way to go to catch up with the Kung Fu clickbait master!
        You won't believe what I did next!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          You won't believe what I did next!
          Shouldn't there be something to click? I'm dying to know!!!!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Shouldn't there be something to click? I'm dying to know!!!!
            Cow Poke was curious, but he had no idea what was going to happen when he clicked this!

Comment

Cow Poke was curious, but he had no idea what was going to happen when he clicked this!
              This what?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                This what?
                exactly.

Comment

• Click me!
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Here is a recording of Trump talking to a Gold Star family:

Comment

• That can't be right. I heard someone who was cordial, respectful, sympathetic, and personable. Where's the boorish clod the liberals keep claiming he is?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Kelly has commented:

Source: Kelly defends Trump’s call to Gold Star widow

White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, who lost his marine lieutenant son in Afghanistan, on Thursday gave a powerful defense of President Trump’s handling of a call to a Gold Star widow of Army Sgt. La David Johnson, who was killed in Niger.

“There’s no perfect way to make that phone call,” he said in his first public comments on the controversy over the call, which Johnson’s mother and a Florida lawmaker who knew him said was disrespectful.

“If you’ve never worn the uniform, if you’ve never been in combat, you can’t even imagine how to make that call but I think he very bravely does make those calls,” he said about the president.

Kelly said he advised Trump not to make the calls because it was so difficult to deliver such a tragic message.

But the president, he said, insisted that he thought it was the right thing to do.

“He said to me, ‘What do I say?’ ‘I said to him, ‘Sir, there’s nothing you can do to lighten the burden on these families,’” he said.

He then said a military friend had told him how he handled the calls.

The friend, he said, would tell loved ones that the deceased “was doing exactly what he wanted to do when he was killed. He knew what he was getting into by joining that 1 percent. He knew what the possibilities were.”

That phrasing is similar to what Johnson’s family said Trump told them, that the sergeant “knew what he signed up for.”

The marine general also said he was not criticizing ex-President Obama when he told Trump that Obama had not for called him after his son Robert Kelly was killed by an Afghan police officer in an ambush.

Kelly also described how families are notified when a service member is killed, saying an officer is dispatched to the family’s home early in the morning, waits for the first light to come on and then knocks on the door to deliver the devastating news.

He also described how he and his wife learned of their own son’s death.

“When my son was killed his friends were calling us from Afghanistan, telling us what a great guy he was,” Kelly said in a steady, subdued voice, saying those were the most important calls the couple could have received.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I've also heard that reporters are now calling Gold Star families seeking to find someone to criticize Trump but don't know if this is true.
                        Rep. Wilson's response to Kelly's comments: "Let me tell you what my mother told me when I was little. She said, 'The dog can bark at the moon all night long, but it doesn't become an issue until the moon barks back.'"

and

"I'll have to tell my kids that I'm a rock star now."

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• After Kelly criticized her by saying that "empty barrels make the most noise", she claimed that she had to look up the term "empty barrel" in a dictionary and that it's somehow racist.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...l-racist-term/

Her IQ can't be much higher than room temperature on a cold day.
                          Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-20-2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Rep. Wilson's response to Kelly's comments: "Let me tell you what my mother told me when I was little. She said, 'The dog can bark at the moon all night long, but it doesn't become an issue until the moon barks back.'"

and

"I'll have to tell my kids that I'm a rock star now."

you need a photo of her to really get the gist of this crazy lady.

Sheila-Lee-Jackson-Constitution.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              After Kelly criticized her by saying that "empty barrels make the most noise", she claimed that she had to look up the term "empty barrel" in a dictionary and that it's somehow racist.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...l-racist-term/

Her IQ can't be much higher than room temperature on a cold day.
                              I wonder which dictionary she looked in said that. Several news agencies have asked for elaboration but so far she has not done so.

Apparently the saying goes back at least as far as Plato ("An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers") and later Plutarch in his Morals wrote

For their ears can certainly have no passages leading to the brain but only to the tongue. And so while other people retain what they hear, talkative people lose it altogether, and, being empty-headed, they resemble empty vessels, and go about making much noise.

It has never been something used to describe any race and has no racial context whatsoever.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

you need a photo of her to really get the gist of this crazy lady.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24532[/ATTACH]
                                I think that's Sheila Jackson Lee -- another crazy lady.

This is Frederica S Wilson...

wilson.jpg

Comment