Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberals have jumped the shark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    We don't need to defend what we said - All JimL has to do is show ONE POST where any of us defended Trump, or said other than we're only voting for him to stop Hillary.

JimL? Tassy?
    well I have defended Trump from the various false attacks thrown at him. I still do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      well I have defended Trump from the various false attacks thrown at him. I still do.
      Yes, you've all defended Trump constantly, CP just doesn't want to admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Defending him doesn't mean we are fan boys. Just that we think you liberals are a bunch of lying turds.

Comment

And, quite honestly, at the time I voted, it looked like Trump didn't have a snowball's chance, so I thought my vote was more of a protest vote than a vote "for" Trump.
          Really? Because every (credible) indication going into election day said that Trump had a very good chance of winning. It was the hysterical mainstream media who promoted the lie that Hillary's victory was a foregone conclusion, which is why dupes like Jimmy are still crying about it.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Really? Because every (credible) indication going into election day said that Trump had a very good chance of winning. It was the hysterical mainstream media who promoted the lie that Hillary's victory was a foregone conclusion, which is why dupes like Jimmy are still crying about it.
            I didn't want to get my hopes up.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Then you should be able to point to a post, JimL --- give it your best shot.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I didn't want to get my hopes up.
                AHA! You WANTED Trump to win!

You dirty Nazi, you.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  AHA! You WANTED Trump to win!

You dirty Nazi, you.
                  Ruski!

Comment

Well, no. I've always averred that his tweets tend to do more harm than good, and he needs a thicker skin. I don't much like him personally. I'm sure you'll keep on seeing what you want to see, though, whatever the facts are otherwise.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

warning: word drift. Somehow this has changed from "you guys supported Trump" (to become President) to "you guys defended Trump"

Two different things. None of us wanted Trump to become President. We voted for him because he was the best of two bad choices. We have defended him from the false attacks and we do support him as the elected President.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        warning: word drift. Somehow this has changed from "you guys supported Trump" (to become President) to "you guys defended Trump"

Two different things. None of us wanted Trump to become President. We voted for him because he was the best of two bad choices. We have defended him from the false attacks and we do support him as the elected President.
                        Actually, it went from "staunch supporters of Trump" to....
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          Actually, it went from "staunch supporters of Trump" to....
                          That.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Well, no. I've always averred that his tweets tend to do more harm than good, and he needs a thicker skin. I don't much like him personally. I'm sure you'll keep on seeing what you want to see, though, whatever the facts are otherwise.
                            He makes me cringe - I think I've expressed (not sure if I have on here) that I wish somebody would hijack his twitter account.

ETA: OK, I actually kinda agreed with Starlight...

Originally posted by Starlight
                            The GOP should appoint a Twitter baby sitter for him who has to approve the tweets he wants to post before they go up.
                            Originally posted by Cow Poke
                            Not the GOP, but somebody.
                            Last edited by Cow Poke; 10-18-2017, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              I went to bed figuring Hillary would be president and was shocked when I turned on the TV the next morning (around 4 AM)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                I went to bed figuring Hillary would be president and was shocked when I turned on the TV the next morning (around 4 AM)
                                Same here - at 9:00 I thought it was all over, even Brit Hume on Fox was saying so. I buried all my guns in the back yard and went to bed...
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment