Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberals have jumped the shark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I have to wonder if "he knew what he was getting into" was Trumps own clumsy way of saying "he's a hero - he knew it was dangerous and did it anyway". I don't know, because Trump has a gift of saying stupid things.
    We still don't know if Trump actually said that. That comes from an unconfirmed paraphrase.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      Sounds like my mom. The way she says something, and what she actually intends to say are often rather different.
      When we like somebody, we tend to "hear" the softest version of what they said - when we don't, we take it in the worst way possible.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        Sounds like my mom. The way she says something, and what she actually intends to say are often rather different.
        I have the same problem. I sometimes speak without considering the way I am saying something or how others might take it. Not so much a problem for regular people, but if you are POTUS and the eyes of the world are on you, it might be a problem, especially if the liberals are constantly trying to find any way to twist something you say into something controversial.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I have the same problem. I sometimes speak without considering the way I am saying something or how others might take it. Not so much a problem for regular people, but if you are POTUS and the eyes of the world are on you, it might be a problem, especially if the liberals are constantly trying to find any way to twist something you say into something controversial.
          Most everyone does, including many politicians who carefully train for years on how to stand, gesture and speak -- something Trump obviously never did.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            This appears to be fake news.

First, the claim from the Democrat congresswoman who says she overheard the phonecall:

"Basically he said, ‘Well, I guess he knew what he signed up for. But I guess it still hurt.’ That’s what he said."

So not a direct quote but a paraphrase which the President has explicitly denied saying:

"Democrat Congresswoman totally fabricated what I said to the wife of a soldier who died in action (and I have proof)."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...slain-soldier/

Press Secretary Sarah Sanders defended the President, saying there were several other people who heard the call, including General John Kelly:

"The president’s call, as accounted by multiple people in the room — believe that the president was completely respectful, very sympathetic, and expressed the condolences of himself and the rest of the country, and thanked the family for their service, commended them for having an American hero in their family. And I don’t know how you could take that any other way."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...roops-context/
            Kelly has commented:

Source: Kelly defends Trump’s call to Gold Star widow

White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, who lost his marine lieutenant son in Afghanistan, on Thursday gave a powerful defense of President Trump’s handling of a call to a Gold Star widow of Army Sgt. La David Johnson, who was killed in Niger.

“There’s no perfect way to make that phone call,” he said in his first public comments on the controversy over the call, which Johnson’s mother and a Florida lawmaker who knew him said was disrespectful.

“If you’ve never worn the uniform, if you’ve never been in combat, you can’t even imagine how to make that call but I think he very bravely does make those calls,” he said about the president.

Kelly said he advised Trump not to make the calls because it was so difficult to deliver such a tragic message.

But the president, he said, insisted that he thought it was the right thing to do.

“He said to me, ‘What do I say?’ ‘I said to him, ‘Sir, there’s nothing you can do to lighten the burden on these families,’” he said.

He then said a military friend had told him how he handled the calls.

The friend, he said, would tell loved ones that the deceased “was doing exactly what he wanted to do when he was killed. He knew what he was getting into by joining that 1 percent. He knew what the possibilities were.”

That phrasing is similar to what Johnson’s family said Trump told them, that the sergeant “knew what he signed up for.”

The marine general also said he was not criticizing ex-President Obama when he told Trump that Obama had not for called him after his son Robert Kelly was killed by an Afghan police officer in an ambush.

Kelly also described how families are notified when a service member is killed, saying an officer is dispatched to the family’s home early in the morning, waits for the first light to come on and then knocks on the door to deliver the devastating news.

He also described how he and his wife learned of their own son’s death.

“When my son was killed his friends were calling us from Afghanistan, telling us what a great guy he was,” Kelly said in a steady, subdued voice, saying those were the most important calls the couple could have received.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I've also heard that reporters are now calling Gold Star families seeking to find someone to criticize Trump but don't know if this is true.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

I've also heard that reporters are now calling Gold Star families seeking to find someone to criticize Trump but don't know if this is true.
              Apparently.

Father of Slain Soldier Slain Blasts Controversy: ‘Not About Trump or Damn Phone Call’; ‘My Son Knew What He Signed Up For
              Arnold Wright, the father of Army Staff Sgt. Dustin Wright who was killed with three other soldiers in an attack in Niger on October 4, spoke to Time Magazine on Wednesday about a condolence call he received from President Donald Trump on Tuesday and his thoughts on what his son knew when he volunteered for military service.

Wright is an Army veteran as are his wife and another son. Wright blasted the controversy over the condolence call Trump made to the Myeshia Johnson, the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson who was also killed in the Niger attack. Wright’s comments and observations are 180 degrees opposite of the highly negative experience reported by Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-FL) about Johnson’s talk with Trump.

Rep. Wilson accused Trump of saying to Myeshia Johnson, “He knew what he was signing up for, but I guess it hurts anyway.” Wilson later accused Trump of a cover-up and said the Niger attack would become “Trump’s Benghazi”.

Staff Sgt. Dustin Wright.

Arnold Wright earlier spoke to CBS News , reporting his call with Trump lasted about twenty minutes with Wright doing most of the talking, focusing on his concerns over lack of air cover for his son’s patrol. Wright said Trump was “real cordial” and he was confident Trump would look in to the lack of air cover.

http://theconservativefighters.com/n...ampaign=buffer

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Kelly has commented:

The friend, he said, would tell loved ones that the deceased “was doing exactly what he wanted to do when he was killed. He knew what he was getting into by joining that 1 percent. He knew what the possibilities were.”
                Source

Pretty much what I was saying

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I have to wonder if "he knew what he was getting into" was Trumps own clumsy way of saying "he's a hero - he knew it was dangerous and did it anyway". I don't know, because Trump has a gift of saying stupid things.
                Last edited by Cow Poke; 10-19-2017, 02:58 PM.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Apparently.

Father of Slain Soldier Slain Blasts Controversy: ‘Not About Trump or Damn Phone Call’; ‘My Son Knew What He Signed Up For
                  Arnold Wright, the father of Army Staff Sgt. Dustin Wright who was killed with three other soldiers in an attack in Niger on October 4, spoke to Time Magazine on Wednesday about a condolence call he received from President Donald Trump on Tuesday and his thoughts on what his son knew when he volunteered for military service.

Wright is an Army veteran as are his wife and another son. Wright blasted the controversy over the condolence call Trump made to the Myeshia Johnson, the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson who was also killed in the Niger attack. Wright’s comments and observations are 180 degrees opposite of the highly negative experience reported by Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-FL) about Johnson’s talk with Trump.

But Staff Sgt. Dustin Wright was white, and Sgt. La David Johnson wasn't. So it was a racial thing, Trump was dissing the black man again!
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    But Staff Sgt. Dustin Wright was white, and Sgt. La David Johnson wasn't. So it was a racial thing, Trump was dissing the black man again!
                    that's the ticket!

BTW: what do you think of my thread titles lately? I have been taking clickbait lessons from you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      that's the ticket!

BTW: what do you think of my thread titles lately? I have been taking clickbait lessons from you.
                      Grasshopper, you have a long way to go to catch up with the Kung Fu clickbait master!
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Democrats
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Kelly has commented:

White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, who lost his marine lieutenant son in Afghanistan, on Thursday gave a powerful defense of President Trump’s handling of a call to a Gold Star widow of Army Sgt. La David Johnson, who was killed in Niger.

“There’s no perfect way to make that phone call,” he said in his first public comments on the controversy over the call, which Johnson’s mother and a Florida lawmaker who knew him said was disrespectful.

“If you’ve never worn the uniform, if you’ve never been in combat, you can’t even imagine how to make that call but I think he very bravely does make those calls,” he said about the president.

Kelly said he advised Trump not to make the calls because it was so difficult to deliver such a tragic message.

But the president, he said, insisted that he thought it was the right thing to do.

“He said to me, ‘What do I say?’ ‘I said to him, ‘Sir, there’s nothing you can do to lighten the burden on these families,’” he said.

He then said a military friend had told him how he handled the calls.

That phrasing is similar to what Johnson’s family said Trump told them, that the sergeant “knew what he signed up for.”

The marine general also said he was not criticizing ex-President Obama when he told Trump that Obama had not for called him after his son Robert Kelly was killed by an Afghan police officer in an ambush.

Kelly also described how families are notified when a service member is killed, saying an officer is dispatched to the family’s home early in the morning, waits for the first light to come on and then knocks on the door to deliver the devastating news.

He also described how he and his wife learned of their own son’s death.

“When my son was killed his friends were calling us from Afghanistan, telling us what a great guy he was,” Kelly said in a steady, subdued voice, saying those were the most important calls the couple could have received.

Source

Predictably the unbiased MSM have now come out guns a-blazin' with their sights set on Kelly.

Symone Sanders, former national press secretary for Bernie Sanders during his campaign to be the Democrat's nominee for president and currently a political commentator for CNN, posted the following

00000000000000cnn.jpg

Brian Fallon Jr., Hillary Clinton's national press secretary during her 2016 failed presidential bid and also now a political commentator for CNN called Kelly "odious" in his reaction

00000000000000cnn2.jpg

Speaking of "odious," Keith Olbermann who was so biased even MSNBC canned him and now has a show on GQ which is called The Resistance () called Kelly a "collaborating, enabling nitwit"
                          Last edited by rogue06; 10-19-2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Ah, we'll fuss and carry on about her like we did Obama, but we won't be pooping on cop cars, or rioting in the streets, or calling for dead cops, or coming up with whacky conspiracy theories....
                            When Republicans misbehave, they say the POTUS is Antichrist, or is not from the USA, or is building FEMA camps in order to persecute Christians. And when none of the predicted horrors occur, there is never a hint of an apology for spreading lies, false prophecies and character assassination. Democrats and GOPers can be as bad as each other. No other Western country has such poisonously polarised politics - why are things so bad in the US ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
                              When Republicans misbehave, they say the POTUS is Antichrist, or is not from the USA, or is building FEMA camps in order to persecute Christians. And when none of the predicted horrors occur, there is never a hint of an apology for spreading lies, false prophecies and character assassination. Democrats and GOPers can be as bad as each other. No other Western country has such poisonously polarised politics - why are things so bad in the US ?
                              Ummmm.... ya never been to Mexico?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
                                You'd have to ask people who actually said those things why they didn't apologize.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment