Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberals have jumped the shark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberals have jumped the shark

Now CNN is claiming that the Russians used Pokemon Go to help Trump win the election.

But it makes no sense at all...

==================
    Russian efforts to meddle in American politics did not end at Facebook and Twitter. A CNN investigation of a Russian-linked account shows its tentacles extended to YouTube, Tumblr and even Pokémon Go.

One Russian-linked campaign posing as part of the Black Lives Matter movement used Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr and Pokémon Go and even contacted some reporters in an effort to exploit racial tensions and sow discord among Americans, CNN has learned.

The campaign, titled "Don't Shoot Us," offers new insights into how Russian agents created a broad online ecosystem where divisive political messages were reinforced across multiple platforms, amplifying a campaign that appears to have been run from one source -- the shadowy, Kremlin-linked troll farm known as the Internet Research Agency.
    The Don't Shoot Us campaign -- the title of which may have referenced the "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" slogan that became popular in the wake of the shooting of Michael Brown -- used these platforms to highlight incidents of alleged police brutality, with what may have been the dual goal of galvanizing African Americans to protest and encouraging other Americans to view black activism as a rising threat.

Specifically, the Don't Shoot Us contest directed readers to go to find and train Pokémon near locations where alleged incidents of police brutality had taken place. Users were instructed to give their Pokémon names corresponding with those of the victims. A post promoting the contest showed a Pokémon named "Eric Garner," for the African-American man who died after being put in a chokehold by a New York Police Department officer.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/12/medi...-go/index.html

===

How does promoting the hating of police and promoting Black Lives Matter and other liberals agendas help Trump? It helps Hillary.

CNN has completely lost it. They see Russians under every rock now.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    They see Russians under every rock now.
    The Russian mafia are in the white house.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Somebody was telling me about a new liberal hope that

• Trump will be removed from office
      • Pence will become President
      • Pence will realize that he gained that position as "poison fruit", because ... the Russians
      • Pence will step down, leaving the next in line - Paul Ryan - to become POTUS
      • Ryan will realize he needs to "do the right thing" and appoint Hillary VP
      • Ryan will then resign
      • Hillary will become POTUS

You can't make this stuff up!

Ah -- I just found it here - I may not have accurately laid out the plan, so....

http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clin...ig-post-686077
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Now CNN is claiming that the Russians used Pokemon Go to help Trump win the election.
        Not exactly. Trump isn't even mentioned in the story.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

• Pence will realize that he gained that position as "poison fruit", because ... the Russians
          • Ryan will then resign

Ah -- I just found it here - I may not have accurately laid out the plan, so....

I didn't know Newsweek was now publishing satire.

Comment

Somebody was telling me about a new liberal hope that ...
            Hillary has been superseded by Bernie.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              Hillary has been superseded by Bernie.
              I think I'm going to amen a post by you just because you have a cute kitten avatar. Do you have a preference?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Ryan will then resign

The sheer desperation of it all.

or...

They could wait 3 more years and vote in Hillary. much simpler.

Comment

The sheer desperation of it all.

or...

You REALLY have to wonder if they actually believe this crap, or if they think their own base is so stupid they'll swallow it.

Comment

I doubt she could even secure the nomination at this point.

Comment

You REALLY have to wonder if they actually believe this crap, or if they think their own base is so stupid they'll swallow it.
                      I think it is akin to how people will suppress memories and create a fantasy world when they have faced extreme trauma. Their minds blew a gasket when Hillary lost. It was in the bag. Nothing to do but sit back and laugh at the republicans. Then they lost. So their brains could not handle the truth. So they retreat into fantasies and throwing tantrums. It really is a form of PTSD. They should use Obamacare and get some therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        I doubt she could even secure the nomination at this point.
                        But, amazingly, there are some liberals who think she could not only run again, but that she would WIN!

I can't linky because of at least one F bomb in the buildup, but.... Andy Ostroy, Contributor - Political and Pop Culture Analyst - HuffPo (bolding mine)

The answer is rather simple: I remain committed to the belief that Clinton would be an incredible president. And I believe she not only will run again, as her recent and outspoken re-launch onto the public stage indicates, but that she will also win. No, I’m not crazy. I just believe that history repeats itself. And for that we simply need to look to Richard Nixon.

Comment

But, amazingly, there are some liberals who think she could not only run again, but that she would WIN!

I can't linky because of at least one F bomb in the buildup, but.... Andy Ostroy, Contributor - Political and Pop Culture Analyst - HuffPo (bolding mine)

The answer is rather simple: I remain committed to the belief that Clinton would be an incredible president. And I believe she not only will run again, as her recent and outspoken re-launch onto the public stage indicates, but that she will also win. No, I’m not crazy. I just believe that history repeats itself. And for that we simply need to look to Richard Nixon.
                          But if we are wrong and she does run and win, I don't think we will be blaming the Russians, or having riots in the street or punching Commies. We will just wait till the next election.

Comment

This is what's known as "believing your own hype".

Comment

But if we are wrong and she does run and win, I don't think we will be blaming the Russians, or having riots in the street or punching Commies. We will just wait till the next election.
                              Ah, we'll fuss and carry on about her like we did Obama, but we won't be pooping on cop cars, or rioting in the streets, or calling for dead cops, or coming up with whacky conspiracy theories....

Comment