Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Thank You Leftists For Killing More Innocent People: Maryland Shooting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
    I thought liberals wanted both- gun control & strict enforcement of the laws concerning it.
    More laws? Yes. Strict enforcement? Not so much. During both the Clinton and Obama Administrations enforcement dropped sharply.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Perhaps a US liberal can explain for me.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
        Perhaps a US liberal can explain for me.
        Yeah, I can, these conservatives here on tweb, not all of them, but the obvious ones stand out, don't know what there talking about. They are easily led by crackpot talking heads and just repeat what they hear.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Yeah, I can, these conservatives here on tweb, not all of them, but the obvious ones stand out, don't know what there talking about. They are easily led by crackpot talking heads and just repeat what they hear.
          Yes. And not just any old “crackpot talking heads” but the ones you get in places like Fox Conservative Advocacy Chanel OR the Breitbart Alt-Right, white-supremacist outlet.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            More laws? Yes. Strict enforcement? Not so much. During both the Clinton and Obama Administrations enforcement dropped sharply.
            For gun-related crime specifically?

Comment

Jim would you support a five year mandatory sentence for using a firearm in the commission of a felony? Would you be against early release that the libs pushed through in my state:

Gov. Malloy’s early release program for violent offenders has been a failure,” Suzio said. “Violent felons are getting out of prison early and they are committing murders, rapes, and other horrible crimes. They are not being reformed and we have the statistics to prove it. It’s a revolving door. This year, we have an opportunity to increase this program’s effectiveness. Let’s seize that opportunity, let’s end early release for violent offenders, and let’s stop jeopardizing the safety of our families.”

Through a Freedom of Information request, Suzio acquired from the State of Connecticut data pertaining to the first 64 months after the RREC program’s implementation in 2011. Suzio discovered that nearly 112 sexual assaults and 87 homicides, murders or acts of manslaughter were charged to prisoners after they were discharged early from prison.

http://ctsenaterepublicans.com/2017/.../#.WesiOTtrzIV
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Chutzpah mixed with extreme lack of self-awareness. You're a peach, Jim.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                  For gun-related crime specifically?
                  Enforcement of gun control laws.

For instance take a look at background checks.

Since firearms dealers ask perspective buyers about prior convictions and the like even before they give them ATF Form 4473 to fill out (which starts the FBI check) and because the vast majority of those applicants who don't pass are rejected because of a prior criminal conviction, restraining order, are fugitives and the like, this actually qualifies as a federal crime -- a felony -- of submitting false information.

But, in one recent year of the approximately 80,000 people who were turned down as a result of a background check only 44 people were prosecuted. 44 out of 80,000.

In the first two years after the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) was first set up the Justice Department Inspector General discovered that only 154 people out of 120,000 denials were prosecuted.

Why isn't the government enforcing the laws already on the books rather than wanting new ones? Now, I'm sure a significant portion of those who are rejected didn't realize that they were violating the law (perhaps they didn't realize that their conviction was for a felony or that it happened so long ago that they "forgot") but that can hardly account for such a low prosecution rate.

One explanation was provided by Vice President Joe Biden when he was asked about this in 2013 while talking to representatives from the National Rifle Association during a White House gun violence task force meeting. According to Jim Baker, the NRA's Director of Federal Affairs Biden responded, "And to your point, Mr. Baker, regarding the lack of prosecutions on lying on Form 4473s, we simply don’t have the time or manpower to prosecute everybody who lies on a form, that checks a wrong box, that answers a question inaccurately."

And it appears that, according to Justice Department data compiled by the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse at Syracuse University (widely regarded as one of the best researchers on federal prosecution performances and trends), federal prosecutions of firearm violations in general dropped substantially during the Obama Administration[1]. This was verified by a study conducted by the Executive Office of U.S. Attorneys which found that there has been a 25% drop in the number of prosecutions of firearm violation cases by the Justice Department recommended by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATF) than the Bush Administration did.

Another study found that despite all his tough talk prosecutions dropped over 42% during Obama's Administration from what it was under George W. Bush.

1. A similar thing happened during the Clinton Administration. After working so hard to pass the Brady Law and the the Federal Assault Weapons Ban (which prohibited firearms based on their appearance rather than functionality) in 1993 and 1994 respectively of the 23,000 cases that had been referred for prosecution by the FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives only arrested 56 people. One of Janet Reno's top aides even testified that they weren't all that interested in such prosecutions (enforcing the laws just passed). They appeared more interested in passing even more laws (which they would likely not enforce either).

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Chutzpah mixed with extreme lack of self-awareness. You're a peach, Jim.
                    Facts is facts buddy, can't help it if you're one of those who are just too naive to realize it. Propaganda works, and conservatives long ago built a propaganda machine just for people like you.

Comment

Facts is facts buddy, can't help it if you're one of those who are just too naive to realize it. Propaganda works, and conservatives long ago built a propaganda machine just for people like you.
                      I cannot help but notice that you rarely offer any facts. You tend to confuse making an uncorroborated assertion with providing evidence and repeating the same claim with supporting it.

Comment

You had no need to provide further evidence.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Yes JImL and what you spout off against the facts folks like Rogue put out are pure assertions. if you won't post your sources all we can assume is that all you have are assertions and opinions not facts.

In other words JimL start doing your own homework stop waiting for someone else to do it. only an idiot won't do his homework.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Jim would you support a five year mandatory sentence for using a firearm in the commission of a felony? Would you be against early release that the libs pushed through in my state:
                            I'd support whatever works best in the interests of society as a whole seer. You'd support a mandatory life sentence, so whats your point?

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                              Yes JImL and what you spout off against the facts folks like Rogue put out are pure assertions. if you won't post your sources all we can assume is that all you have are assertions and opinions not facts.

In other words JimL start doing your own homework stop waiting for someone else to do it. only an idiot won't do his homework.
                              That you need a source cited in order to recognize spewers of propaganda explains why you are so susceptible to it.

Comment

That you need a source cited in order to recognize spewers of propaganda explains why you are so susceptible to it.
                                You're flailing again, Jim. Ratcheting up the rhetoric merely exposes you as nothing more than rhetoric.

sigpic

Comment