Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Is the Best City In the World. . .

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Batman, Turkey.
    I have to agree with KingsGambit.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    You seem determined to rile the Texas contingent of Tweb

They're probably organizing a necktie party for you right now.

Word of advice. If a certain prodder of bovines is involved, demand a yellow rope. Trust me. You'll thank me later.
    . . . or annex Sand Springs, Oklahoma. Odd choice. Who made the selection? I am familiar with it and it is a rather bland Oklahomian little city.

I believe Melbourne Australia tops the list;

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/melbourne-worlds-best-city-live-in-7-years-running-australia-eiu-london-manchester-a7896291.html

Melbourne has once again been named as the world’s most ‘liveable’ city for the seventh year in a row.

After ranking 140 destinations each year on healthcare, education, stability, culture, environment and infrastructure, the Economist Intelligence Unit’s (EUI) Liveability Index has revealed the best and worst places to live in the world.

Famed for its trendy cafes, bars and laneways, Melbourne stole the top spot once again with a near-perfect rating of 97.5 out of 100.

Closely followed by Vienna with a score of 97.4, Vancouver (97.3), Toronto (07.2) and Calgary (96.6) made up the top five.

The top 10 remained identical to last year’s line-up with Adelaide, Perth, Auckland, Helsinki and Hamburg following behind.

While cities like Amsterdam, Reykjavik, Budapest and Singapore saw a boost in the rankings, the 2017 report said that the on-going threat of terrorism around the world had an effect on several scores.

© Copyright Original Source

I vote for Vancouver.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 10-20-2017 at 03:48 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Reformed Baptist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    . . . or annex Sand Springs, Oklahoma. Odd choice. Who made the selection? I am familiar with it and it is a rather bland Oklahomian little city.

I believe Melbourne Australia tops the list;

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/melbourne-worlds-best-city-live-in-7-years-running-australia-eiu-london-manchester-a7896291.html

Melbourne has once again been named as the world’s most ‘liveable’ city for the seventh year in a row.

After ranking 140 destinations each year on healthcare, education, stability, culture, environment and infrastructure, the Economist Intelligence Unit’s (EUI) Liveability Index has revealed the best and worst places to live in the world.

Famed for its trendy cafes, bars and laneways, Melbourne stole the top spot once again with a near-perfect rating of 97.5 out of 100.

Closely followed by Vienna with a score of 97.4, Vancouver (97.3), Toronto (07.2) and Calgary (96.6) made up the top five.

The top 10 remained identical to last year’s line-up with Adelaide, Perth, Auckland, Helsinki and Hamburg following behind.

While cities like Amsterdam, Reykjavik, Budapest and Singapore saw a boost in the rankings, the 2017 report said that the on-going threat of terrorism around the world had an effect on several scores.

© Copyright Original Source

I vote for Vancouver.
    Maybe I should have qualified as, "best city in the world that I happen to live in."

I do love my town, though.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown Comic View Post
    Maybe I should have qualified as, "best city in the world that I happen to live in."

I do love my town, though.
    Well if you moved...

I'm always still in trouble again

Faith
    Reformed Baptist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Well if you moved...
    I'd likely want to move back fairly quickly, unless Point B was in Colorado near the Rockies and within walking distance of a comfortable Irish pub.