Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

What Is the Best City In the World. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is the Best City In the World. . .

. . . and why is it Sand Springs, Oklahoma?

Batman, Turkey.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

One day the best city will be New Jerusalem.
      ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
        One day the best city will be New Jerusalem.
        Can't argue with that.

Comment

What's shakin'?

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by The Unknown Comic View Post
            . . . and why is it Sand Springs, Oklahoma?
            You seem determined to rile the Texas contingent of Tweb

They're probably organizing a necktie party for you right now.

Word of advice. If a certain prodder of bovines is involved, demand a yellow rope. Trust me. You'll thank me later.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Word of advice. If a certain prodder of bovines is involved, demand a yellow rope. Trust me. You'll thank me later.
              Texas? You mean that team our beloved Sooners beat at football just last weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                What's shakin'?

The bacon is shaken.

Comment

The bacon is shaken.
                  You have officially won the thread by being the first to mention bacon in accordance with Jed's Law

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I gots me some new sunglasses. Oddly enough, they make yellow look white. I think. Not so good with colors, ya know.

git a rope
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      Batman, Turkey.
                      I have to agree with KingsGambit.

Comment

. . . or annex Sand Springs, Oklahoma. Odd choice. Who made the selection? I am familiar with it and it is a rather bland Oklahomian little city.

I believe Melbourne Australia tops the list;

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/melbourne-worlds-best-city-live-in-7-years-running-australia-eiu-london-manchester-a7896291.html

Melbourne has once again been named as the world’s most ‘liveable’ city for the seventh year in a row.

After ranking 140 destinations each year on healthcare, education, stability, culture, environment and infrastructure, the Economist Intelligence Unit’s (EUI) Liveability Index has revealed the best and worst places to live in the world.

Famed for its trendy cafes, bars and laneways, Melbourne stole the top spot once again with a near-perfect rating of 97.5 out of 100.

Closely followed by Vienna with a score of 97.4, Vancouver (97.3), Toronto (07.2) and Calgary (96.6) made up the top five.

The top 10 remained identical to last year’s line-up with Adelaide, Perth, Auckland, Helsinki and Hamburg following behind.

While cities like Amsterdam, Reykjavik, Budapest and Singapore saw a boost in the rankings, the 2017 report said that the on-going threat of terrorism around the world had an effect on several scores.

© Copyright Original Source

I vote for Vancouver.
                        Last edited by shunyadragon; 10-20-2017, 09:48 AM.
                        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                          . . . or annex Sand Springs, Oklahoma. Odd choice. Who made the selection? I am familiar with it and it is a rather bland Oklahomian little city.

I believe Melbourne Australia tops the list;

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/melbourne-worlds-best-city-live-in-7-years-running-australia-eiu-london-manchester-a7896291.html

Melbourne has once again been named as the world’s most ‘liveable’ city for the seventh year in a row.

After ranking 140 destinations each year on healthcare, education, stability, culture, environment and infrastructure, the Economist Intelligence Unit’s (EUI) Liveability Index has revealed the best and worst places to live in the world.

Famed for its trendy cafes, bars and laneways, Melbourne stole the top spot once again with a near-perfect rating of 97.5 out of 100.

Closely followed by Vienna with a score of 97.4, Vancouver (97.3), Toronto (07.2) and Calgary (96.6) made up the top five.

The top 10 remained identical to last year’s line-up with Adelaide, Perth, Auckland, Helsinki and Hamburg following behind.

While cities like Amsterdam, Reykjavik, Budapest and Singapore saw a boost in the rankings, the 2017 report said that the on-going threat of terrorism around the world had an effect on several scores.

© Copyright Original Source

I vote for Vancouver.
                          Maybe I should have qualified as, "best city in the world that I happen to live in."

I do love my town, though.

Comment

Maybe I should have qualified as, "best city in the world that I happen to live in."

I do love my town, though.
                            Well if you moved...

Comment

Well if you moved...
                              I'd likely want to move back fairly quickly, unless Point B was in Colorado near the Rockies and within walking distance of a comfortable Irish pub.

Comment