Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberal Atheists are at it again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The fact that you came to that conclusion from what I've said shows how far you are from any form of higher intelligence. So, no worries, Jimmy - nobody thinks you're a god.
    I see, don't get sarcasm eh?

So, you're finally admitting that you've been deceptive about your claim to be an "Agnostic"? You're coming out of the closet, Jimmy?
    Admitted that long ago CP, but there is little difference between the two. If you have no opinion either way, then you don't believe!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Admitted that long ago CP, but there is little difference between the two. If you have no opinion either way, then you don't believe!
      I apologize. The fact that you're too ignorant to understand the difference between an atheist and an agnostic really should have been no surprise to me at all.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        You are completely daft, school prayer does not violate the Constitution - A school having prayer is NOT CONGRESS making a LAW. No matter how leftist courts bastardized the Amendment, the Amendment only prevents congress from establishing a religion by LAW.
        You are completely dishonest, since you've ignored the 14th amendment, and ignored that fact that various state governments have in fact made LAWS requiring or recommending school prayer, and that Wallace v Jaffree was about overturning such a LAW made by the Alabama state government.
        Last edited by Roy; 10-23-2017, 10:31 AM.
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
          You are completely dishonest, since you've ignored the 14th amendment, and ignored that fact that various state governments have in fact made LAWS requiring or recommending school prayer, and that Wallace v Jaffree was about overturning such a LAW made by the Alabama state government.
          Nonsense Roy, I made it clear that I was speaking of a school or school district having prayer, that does not violate the Constitution. If Alabama's congress was compelling prayer, by law, than that would be unconstitutional.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Nonsense Roy, I made it clear that I was speaking of a school or school district having prayer, that does not violate the Constitution. If Alabama's congress was compelling prayer, by law, than that would be unconstitutional.
            The State compelling children to pray would be unconstitutional seer.

Comment

The State compelling children to pray would be unconstitutional seer.
              That is what I said Jim: If Alabama's congress was compelling prayer, by law, then that would be unconstitutional.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

That is what I said Jim: If Alabama's congress was compelling prayer, by law, then that would be unconstitutional.
                It doesn't have to be by law seer. Its already against the law, its unconstitutional.

Comment

It doesn't have to be by law seer. Its already against the law, its unconstitutional.
                  Can you please site that law, Jimmy?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well no Jim, the Constitution is perfectly clear - Congress shall make no law. The little red school house having a morning prayer is not congress making a law, and therefore is not unconstitutional.

Comment

Nonsense Roy, I made it clear that I was speaking of a school or school district having prayer, that does not violate the Constitution.
                      Really? Let's see. Searching thread:
                      ...that Amendment was never meant to prevent such things as school prayer or religious displays on public property
                      ...school prayer does not violate the Constitution
                      ...the Constitution does not prevent religious expression on public lands, nor does it forbid school prayer
                      ...but not allowing a cross on public property, or the Ten Commandments in school, or even school prayer
                      ...things like church taxes lasted into the 1830s, school prayer was wide spread until the 1960s

Nothing there about a school or school district having prayer, only mentions of "school prayer" without further definition.

You did not make it clear that you were speaking of "a school or school district having prayer".

If Alabama's congress was compelling prayer, by law, than that would be unconstitutional.
                      That's what Tassman said - and you called him "completely daft". You owe him a retraction and apology.
                      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Do you not understand the Constitution CP. A law can't be enacted that violates the Constitution, and compelling children to pray is a violation of the Constitution.

Comment

I can: 1981 Alabama Statute ( 16-1-20.1) authorized state schools to institute a one-minute silence for meditation or prayer.

Though I think you misconstrued Jim's statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            Really? Let's see. Searching thread:
                            ...that Amendment was never meant to prevent such things as school prayer or religious displays on public property
                            ...school prayer does not violate the Constitution
                            ...the Constitution does not prevent religious expression on public lands, nor does it forbid school prayer
                            ...but not allowing a cross on public property, or the Ten Commandments in school, or even school prayer
                            ...things like church taxes lasted into the 1830s, school prayer was wide spread until the 1960s

Nothing there about a school or school district having prayer, only mentions of "school prayer" without further definition.
                            Well yeah bonehead, I was speaking of school prayer. I was not speaking of a congress (state or federal) compelling prayer.

That's what Tassman said - and you called him "completely daft". You owe him a retraction and apology.
                            But I was speaking of school prayer, not forced prayer compelled by the state. I never even suggested such a thing! And I have made it clear "A school having prayer is NOT CONGRESS making a LAW" that I was not speaking of any congress making a law.

Comment

Can you please cite that law, Jimmy?
                              fify; couldn't resist

I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Well no Jim, the Constitution is perfectly clear - Congress shall make no law. The little red school house having a morning prayer is not congress making a law, and therefore is not unconstitutional.
                                Using that approach, state police seizing all firearms in the state is not unconstitutional because it's not congress making a law.

Seer is hair-splitting between a government-sanctioned action and the law that permits that action, and claiming that the former cannot be unconstitutional even though the latter is.

Comment