Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.10.19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.10.19

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing God...
    Something about you – Something about God!
    Shalom!

“So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.” (Hebrews 10:35–36, NLT)

One of the first things we often do when finding ourselves in a storm is to begin putting ourselves into a survival mode. For instance, in the recent hurricanes that ravaged most of our southern states widows were boarded up, sandbags filled, massive evacuation, shelters were set-up emergency services went on full alert, medical facilities were readied. All of which contributed to less impact than in previous years.

However, there are times when storms arise in our personal lives with no warning whatsoever. In 1953 while living at the south end of Port Huron we found ourselves the victims of a tornado. It picked our house up and landed in 12 feet in our front yard. Over the years I’ve forgotten a lot of the details of that fateful morning but the thing that has never left me was seeing our dad look out the kitchen door and seeing the storm coming at us. Almost immediately he put us under the kitchen table where we were when we went for a short flight. Dad was our lifesaver that day.

Dad’s do that! God does that too only on a much larger and more profound way. I was only 7 years old at the time but over those 7 years I developed a deep trust in him and later on many, many times I needed to fall back on the trust that had become a part of my life. Yesterday when I read this morning’s scripture I found myself looking back over the years and rehearsing the different times when God has proven to me to be trustworthy. And the author reminded of my need to never abandon my trust in God. As I read the reading over the second time there was one word missing – Courage! To trust God in a blinding storm takes a great amount of courage, and just as trust comes a little here and a little there so does courage.

“Their ships were tossed to the heavens and plunged again to the depths; the sailors cringed in terror. They reeled and staggered like drunkards and were at their wits’ end. “LORD, help!” they cried in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He calmed the storm to a whisper and stilled the waves. What a blessing was that stillness as he brought them safely into harbor!” (Psalm 107:26–30, NLT)

Yeah! God does that!

“May God be merciful and bless us. May his face smile with favor on us.” **
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://www.gloryseeddevotionals.org.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Psalm 67:1, New Living Translation
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X