Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Are Australians So Bigoted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Are Australians So Bigoted?

Or are they just rational?

Transgender barred from women’s Aussie rules football draft due to ‘unreasonable physical advantage’

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/10...cal-advantage/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

I thought Australia and New Zealand were so much more progressive than everyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I thought Australia and New Zealand were so much more progressive than everyone else?
      Not when it comes to football! Good to see some sanity from downunder,...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

What do you expect from a lot of convicts?

"I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          What do you expect from a lot of convicts?

Yep! That explains Tassman!

Comment

I was travelling around Oz in 2006, and spent almost all my time in the smaller ‘outback’ communities, rather than the larger, more cosmopolitan cities.

It may be the farmers and construction workers I was spending all my time with, but I must admit that I was mildly surprised & shocked by the casual racism.

My boss hated the government at the time because they were the ones to give the -excuse the term- ‘Abbos’ the right to vote a few years previously.

I won’t even go into the term they used for Asians.

However, I suppose if I went into a lower socioeconomic group here in the UK I’d probably find similar opinions, so I doubt it was exclusive to Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
              I was travelling around Oz in 2006, and spent almost all my time in the smaller ‘outback’ communities, rather than the larger, more cosmopolitan cities.

It may be the farmers and construction workers I was spending all my time with, but I must admit that I was mildly surprised & shocked by the casual racism.

My boss hated the government at the time because they were the ones to give the -excuse the term- ‘Abbos’ the right to vote a few years previously.

I won’t even go into the term they used for Asians.

However, I suppose if I went into a lower socioeconomic group here in the UK I’d probably find similar opinions, so I doubt it was exclusive to Australia.
              Racism is unfortunately more common than not. My cousin speaks fluent Japanese, and was able to find the occasional job in Tokyo, but could find absolutely no work in Kyoto. Anti-Semitism is rampant in Europe, and Muslim Arabs look down on non-Arab Muslims.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Racism is unfortunately more common than not. My cousin speaks fluent Japanese, and was able to find the occasional job in Tokyo, but could find absolutely no work in Kyoto. Anti-Semitism is rampant in Europe, and Muslim Arabs look down on non-Arab Muslims.
                That is true, I had Mexican neighbors for a number of years and they were bias against other Latinos who were "natives." They, the Mexicans, considered themselves European.

Comment

In-group bigotry is a curious phenomenon, especially among minorities. For instance, blacks who think other blacks aren't "black" enough.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    In-group bigotry is a curious phenomenon, especially among minorities. For instance, blacks who think other blacks aren't "black" enough.
                    Or people like Tassman, JimL and Shunya who go around complaining about white people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Or people like Tassman, JimL and Shunya who go around complaining about white people.
                      No, that is not bias, it is mental illness.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Big time. I had a friend who lived in Saudi Arabia for awhile when he was a teen. His accounts of how Pakistani and Filipino workers were treated makes the Jim Crow era South sound positively enlightened

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                          Only small number of whites not racist (or tell themselves that). In rest of the world, racism is just air they breath.
                          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment