Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Want To See Uranus With The Naked Eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want To See Uranus With The Naked Eye?

Want To See Uranus With The Naked Eye?

Source: PITTSBURGH (KDKA)

– All jokes aside, tonight is the night if you want to see Uranus.

The plant will reach opposition on Oct. 19, meaning it will be directly opposite the sun, bringing it closer and brighter to earth.

Experts say you may be able to see the icy blue planet with the naked eye, but if not, binoculars should do the trick.

NASA says Uranus should be visible all night long and its blue-green color is unmistakable.

Where should you look to find Uranus?

The experts say start in the southeast sky within the constellation Pisces, the fish.

“Scan the constellation carefully, and look for a tiny blue-green disk to pop out against the background of fainter stars,” National Geographic Magazine says.

The clear skies in the Northeast should mean you’ll have no problem seeing Uranus.

© Copyright Original Source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

he said, "uranus"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]24513[/ATTACH]
      FIFY n/c
      Attached Files

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's pronounced, "oo-RAH-noose".
        Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
          I was told it's your-en-us

I had a science teacher who simply referred to it as "the seventh planet."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I did a presentation on it in eighth grade. I knew how it was really supposed to be pronounced but I ignored that fact.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
              I thought it was "FRONK-un-SCHTEEN"
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I thought it was "FRONK-un-SCHTEEN"
                And Eye-gore not Al Gore, er, E-gore

Comment

Too cloudy over my part of Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    FIFY n/c
                    This thread reminds me of a Futurama episode. In the future everyone apparently got tried of this joke, so they changed the name to urectum.

Comment

For those of us who missed it:44FFAA8100000578-4945198-image-m-16_1507047144853.jpg
                      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment