Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

George Bush view of Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Fake News! It probably emanated from the St Petersburg Russian “troll factory” set up to discredit Hillary as part of the Russian support for Trump. We know it exists and we know via US Intelligence agencies that Putin was out to discredit Hillary in favour of Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...an-troll-house
    Hillary didn't need a Russian "troll factory" to discredit her. She was really good at that all by herself.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This didn't come from any "troll factory", it comes from the FBI who was investigating Hillary's State Department since at least 2009, long before Trump was even on the political scene.

Source: The Hill

Federal agents used a confidential U.S. witness working inside the Russian nuclear industry to gather extensive financial records, make secret recordings and intercept emails as early as 2009 that showed Moscow had compromised an American uranium trucking firm with bribes and kickbacks in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, FBI and court documents show.

They also obtained an eyewitness account — backed by documents — indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow, sources told The Hill.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...administration

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        This didn't come from any "troll factory", it comes from the FBI who was investigating Hillary's State Department since at least 2009, long before Trump was even on the political scene.

Source: The Hill

Federal agents used a confidential U.S. witness working inside the Russian nuclear industry to gather extensive financial records, make secret recordings and intercept emails as early as 2009 that showed Moscow had compromised an American uranium trucking firm with bribes and kickbacks in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, FBI and court documents show.

They also obtained an eyewitness account — backed by documents — indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow, sources told The Hill.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...administration

© Copyright Original Source

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

And then there was Clinton and her Campaign Chairman John Podesta operating a child sex trafficking ring out of a Washington Pizza Parlour basement. I take all these conspiracy theories against Hillary with a grain of salt.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          Yeah, yeah, yeah!

And then there was Clinton and her Campaign Chairman John Podesta operating a child sex trafficking ring out of a Washington Pizza Parlour basement. I take all these conspiracy theories against Hillary with a grain of salt.
          But any conspiracy theories against Trump, no matter how unsubstantiated, are taken by you as absolute indisputable fact. What a freakin' hypocrite.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
            Yeah, yeah, yeah!

Careful with that straw. It's highly flammable.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Well, no, I didn't, and I'm confident that most of "us" didn't either. I was somewhat more supportive of GWB than Trump, but that's a rather low bar.
              Well, yes, you did, and I'm confident that most of "y'all" did as well. Y'all may have been somewhat more supportive of GWB than Trump, but yes, they are both a rather low bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                But any conspiracy theories against Trump, no matter how unsubstantiated, are taken by you as absolute indisputable fact. What a freakin' hypocrite.
                No, actually we are able, unlike yourself, to distinguish between fake news, propaganda, and actual evidence of immoral character and wrong doing. If for some odd reason we on the Democrat side of the aisle had accidentally elected an autocratic, moral reprobate, wannabee dictator, we wouldn't be defending him at every turn. Obviously, you and yours would, and do.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  No, actually we are able, unlike yourself, to distinguish between fake news, propaganda, and actual evidence of immoral character and wrong doing. If for some odd reason we on the Democrat side of the aisle had accidentally elected an autocratic, moral reprobate, wannabee dictator, we wouldn't be defending him at every turn. Obviously, you and yours would, and do.
                  yeah right JimL you defended Obama. please try not show how much of a hypocrite you are.

Comment

Well, yes, you did,
                    Prove it. I'm certain you can't. You're flailing, again.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                      yeah right JimL you defended Obama. please try not show how much of a hypocrite you are.
                      Of course I did, because Obama was nothing like the disgusting human being that your hero Trump is. Don't be so stupid RTT, open your eyes.

Comment

You jest!

Donald Trump himself is the conspiracy theorist in chief, starting with his racist “birtherism” right through to starting his campaign by demanding a border wall because Mexico was sending killers and rapists into the country...and conspiratorial crap almost daily ever since. He’s made the paranoid style of American politics go mainstream.
                        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

No, actually we are able, unlike yourself, to distinguish between fake news.....

You guys CONSTANTLY get suckered into fake news -- like the whole "hands up don't shoot" thing. You STILL buy that.

Comment

Speaking of fake news...

Tassman, remember that discredited fake dossier on Trump from FusionGPS that people think was funded by Hillary and the DNC?

Well the government is trying to find out for sure and FusionGPS is trying to block their attempts to dig into their funding. I wonder why they would block revealing who was behind the dossier? Hmmm?

=========
                            Firm behind Trump dossier goes to court to block House subpoena for bank records

The firm behind the controversial anti-Trump dossier has gone to court in an attempt to block a House committee subpoena for the company’s banking records, two days after Fusion GPS representatives took the Fifth on Capitol Hill.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., had issued a subpoena on Oct. 4 for those TD Bank records. But, according to documents reviewed by Fox News, Fusion is seeking a "temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction" to block the release of those records.

Fusion's filing in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia claimed that complying with the subpoena would "deny Plaintiff and its clients their rights to free speech and expressive association as guaranteed by the First Amendment to the Constitution."

However, committee Republicans say Fusion is not a media organization and not entitled to the same protections.

Fusion has refused to tell congressional committees who paid for the dossier or reveal its sources.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...k-records.html

Comment

You guys CONSTANTLY get suckered into fake news -- like the whole "hands up don't shoot" thing. You STILL buy that.
                              My apologies to PM who is man enough to state....

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                              I know that hands up don't shoot refers to something specific that didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Speaking of fake news...

Tassman, remember that discredited fake dossier on Trump from FusionGPS that people think was funded by Hillary and the DNC?

Well the government is trying to find out for sure and FusionGPS is trying to block their attempts to dig into their funding. I wonder why they would block revealing who was behind the dossier? Hmmm?

=========
                                Firm behind Trump dossier goes to court to block House subpoena for bank records

The firm behind the controversial anti-Trump dossier has gone to court in an attempt to block a House committee subpoena for the company’s banking records, two days after Fusion GPS representatives took the Fifth on Capitol Hill.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., had issued a subpoena on Oct. 4 for those TD Bank records. But, according to documents reviewed by Fox News, Fusion is seeking a "temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction" to block the release of those records.

Fusion's filing in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia claimed that complying with the subpoena would "deny Plaintiff and its clients their rights to free speech and expressive association as guaranteed by the First Amendment to the Constitution."

However, committee Republicans say Fusion is not a media organization and not entitled to the same protections.

Fusion has refused to tell congressional committees who paid for the dossier or reveal its sources.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...k-records.html
                                What difference does that make. Thats just Nunes who has already shown himself to be in cahoots with the White House in their attempt to stifle the investigation. Don't forget that Nunes was on the Trump transition team and is probably desperately trying to protect himself rather than seeking the truth. All that matters is whether or not the dossier, which contrary to your characterization of it, has not been discredited, is true, not who paid for it.

Comment