Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you Currently Playing? (TTRPG Edition)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    Which Editions? 3.5e, or do they use the new 5th Edition?
    Sorry, missed this. We're using 5th. I bought the Players - gotta say, I'm liking 5th so far.

I've started constructing a real campaign world. Kind of a post-Medieval world where civilization is beginning to look civilized and adventuring for fun and profit is on the wane.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

2. Amen Chaotic Void amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Sorry, missed this. We're using 5th. I bought the Players - gotta say, I'm liking 5th so far.
    5e, eh? I really don't LOVE IT or HATE IT like some folks do, but I won't turn down a game someone's running just because it's 5th Edition.

I've started constructing a real campaign world. Kind of a post-Medieval world where civilization is beginning to look civilized and adventuring for fun and profit is on the wane.
    Cool!

... Meanwhile, I'm statting up tonnes of NPCs for my Doomsdays & Death Races game and finishing up some homebrew before the campaign starts in two weeks. I'm glad Savage Worlds is so easy to work with, otherwise I wouldn't be making this as Sandboxy as I am.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

4. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    5e, eh? I really don't LOVE IT or HATE IT like some folks do, but I won't turn down a game someone's running just because it's 5th Edition.
    It's not awesome - still has some of the stuff I don't really like like challenge rankings but there aren't any really nasty spots so far. I thought I'd hate the spell section but it is actually an improvement on the old organization by class.

Quote Originally Posted by CV

... Meanwhile, I'm statting up tonnes of NPCs for my Doomsdays & Death Races game and finishing up some homebrew before the campaign starts in two weeks. I'm glad Savage Worlds is so easy to work with, otherwise I wouldn't be making this as Sandboxy as I am.
    Yeah, I'd forgotten how much of a pain prepping NPCs can be. Right now I'm more focused on having encounters prepped - 1st level needs xp more than anything but they also need a good learning environment both to master the system, and role playing. We have three relative novices... And it sounds like you need more cannon fodder than I do.

Did get the new Monster Manual - DMG is gonna have to wait another month.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    It's not awesome - still has some of the stuff I don't really like like challenge rankings but there aren't any really nasty spots so far. I thought I'd hate the spell section but it is actually an improvement on the old organization by class.
    I've yet to play a Spellcaster in 5e. I think the last character I played was a Dragonborn Monk whose fighting style resembled dancing.

Yeah, I'd forgotten how much of a pain prepping NPCs can be. Right now I'm more focused on having encounters prepped - 1st level needs xp more than anything but they also need a good learning environment both to master the system, and role playing. We have three relative novices... And it sounds like you need more cannon fodder than I do.

Did get the new Monster Manual - DMG is gonna have to wait another month.
    Savage Worlds does, "Level-Ups" differently in the form of "Advances" and "Rank". In the newest Edition, the GM awards Advances based on adventures completed (or about 2-3 Sessions on average), and every four Advances means you go up a Rank (Novice -> Seasoned -> Veteran -> Heroic -> Legendary), which opens up more options for Edges (their term for Feats) and- if Arcane Backgrounds are allowed- new Powers the PCs can take.

... and I don't want to put TOO much cannon fodder in the way. As they say, "Savage Worlds Happens"... All it takes is a lucky villager with a pitchfork and a very unlucky player to require someone to Roll up a new Character. Besides, it's more fun to watch players dig their own graves with dumb in-character decisions.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, I may or may not have been roped into running Deadlands Noir on Saturday evenings. The Sunday GM vanished for almost a month after Session 0, so I was asked if I'd be interested in running on a day I was able to.