Thread: What are you Currently Playing? (TTRPG Edition)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

What are you Currently Playing? (TTRPG Edition)

So... To keep this section from becoming obsolete...

What kind of Table-Top Role Playing Games are you Playing and/or Running as of late? Whether it be a Play-by-Post elsewhere, or via a Virtual Tabletop game like Roll20 (where all my gaming takes place as of recently).

Right now, I'm a player in two Campaigns:

"Borderlands: Vaultocalypse Soon!" - Yeah, this one is based on the Borderlands games and it takes place on a Prison Planet. Fun times. We're using Savage Worlds as a basis (as, unfortunately, the other system we were using took a lot of the GM)

"Cyborgs and Cuadrilateros" - This one is a genre mashup between, "Cyberpunk," and "Luchasploitation." Basically, it's Blade Runner... with Masked Mexican Wrestlers. This one is also using Savage Worlds.

I'm also a GM in three games:

"Strike Force Nova" - this is a Mecha vs Kaiju game. Basically, you whup the tar out of giant monsters with giant robots. I'm using Fate Core, a more narrative-focused system, for this game. Mostly because crunchier systems are a nightmare for high-powered stuff like this.

"Deadlands: Doom in Gloom" - I decided to try my hand at a Deadlands game, using their Savage Worlds variant (dubbed, "Deadlands: Reloaded"). Deadlands is basically if The Wild Wild West took place in a more Horror-based world (though, some of those episodes really did have a Horror slant to them)

"Drakonheim: City of Bones" - This one takes place in a City where Necromancers are allowed to operate openly... and boy howdy, has it caused tension. It's a darker fantasy setting, and (surprise, surprise) I'm using Savage Worlds for this game.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I did play a game of 40k once. Interesting stuff.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Sadly, nothing at the moment. I've got some work to finish - and some major RL stuff to get handled - then I want to see about getting a group together. I'm close enough to old friends that we might can do something.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Sadly, nothing at the moment. I've got some work to finish - and some major RL stuff to get handled - then I want to see about getting a group together. I'm close enough to old friends that we might can do something.
    That's always groovy. I kinda wouldn't mind getting a physical group together... but things just haven't worked out (which is why I'm glad I found Roll20)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    I did play a game of 40k once. Interesting stuff.
    FOR THE EMPRAH!!!

I know some folks who aren't real keen on the wargaming aspect... but they're HUGE fans of Warhammer 40k's Grimdark Sci-Fi setting and it's Lore.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

5. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Welp, the Deadlands: Reloaded game I'm running ended with what could be described as a, "Blaze of Glory/Total Party Kill." The last man standing ultimately self-destructed all the Ghost Rock-Powered devices on him which- in tandem with all the dynamite the posse was carrying- blew EVERYTHING to smithereens.