Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Conservatives swallow 'fake news' hook, line and sinker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conservatives swallow 'fake news' hook, line and sinker

Source: https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/right-wingers-got-duped-by-phony-facebook-post-in-which-grieving-widow-attacked-rep-wilson/

widely-shared Facebook post purporting to be from Myeshia Johnson — widow of fallen Green Beret Sgt. La David Johnson — is a fake, according to Snopes.com.

Conservative groups and Trump supporters spread the fake post because it led readers to believe that Mrs. Johnson was attacking Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-FL), a longtime friend of the Johnson family who has been demonized by the right since she stood up to Trump last week.

“Conservative social media users circulated an image of a purported Facebook post from 17 October 2017 which they said showed Gold Star widow Myeshia Johnson accusing Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Florida) of exploiting a presidential condolence call over the death of her husband, U.S. Army Sgt. La David Johnson, for political gain,” said Snopes’ Arturo Garcia.

“I want to set the record straight! I’m getting sick and tired of this so called politician using my husband as a political platform,” said the phony Myeshia Johnson. “Even buy [sic] her own words she did not hear all of the conversation she only heard part of it. This is what actually was said. ‘They know the risk, they know what they sign up for but they still volunteer to put their lives on the line for their fellow Americans. We owe them a debt that can never be repaid.’”

“While the date of the post corresponds with that of the 17 October 2017 condolence call, the time listed is actually more than an hour before the reported time of President Trump’s phone call, which was 4:45 p.m. Eastern time,” Garcia noted.

Right-wing media and the White House have mounted an all-out attack on Rep. Wilson, falsely accusing her of grandstanding at an FBI building dedication in 2005 and childishly mocking her flamboyant hats, which Wilson wears in memory of her beloved grandmother.

The congresswoman has known the Johnson family for decades. Sgt. Johnson was a graduate of Wilson’s mentorship program for at-risk black youth and the soldier’s father attended the elementary school at which Wilson was principal.

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Never even heard about this.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/22/politics/frederica-wilson-tweets-trump/index.html

(CNN)After President Donald Trump repeatedly referred to her as a "wacky Congresswoman," Rep. Frederica Wilson fired back on Sunday morning, saying that the ambush in Niger that left four US soldiers dead "is (Trump's) Benghazi" and demanding an apology to "the nation" from White House chief of staff John Kelly.

"Niger is @realDonaldTrump's Benghazi. He needs to own it," the Florida Democrat tweeted.
      Wilson and Trump have traded barbs for nearly a week on the controversy stemming from the President's condolence call to Myeshia Johnson, the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson, one of the soldiers killed in the ambush in Niger earlier this month.
      Trump keeps up attack on 'wacky' congresswoman over Gold Star call
      Trump keeps up attack on 'wacky' congresswoman over Gold Star call
      Wilson, who is close to Johnson's family and was in the car when Trump's call came, claimed that Trump said Johnson "knew what he signed up for, but I guess it still hurts." The family member who raised Johnson called Wilson's account of the call "very accurate," and the White House has not refuted that Trump spoke those words.
      Trump said in an interview with Fox Business that he was "very surprised" to hear Wilson's account of the call, insisting the call was "a very nice call." He also said he mentioned Johnson's name during the phone conversation, which Wilson said he did not appear to remember during the call.

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

the whole affair is another reminder that there is no limit to the depravity of the left (including shuny's).
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Who exactly fell for it hook line and sinker?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

An example of actual fake news (from MSNBC): Rachel Maddow Defends Niger Theory After Experts Call It 'Conspiracymongering'

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Who exactly fell for it hook line and sinker?
              I never even heard of it before Shuny's rumormongering.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I saw someone post it on facebook, but they said, "I don't know if this is real but..."

I find it hilarious that Shunya is defending Wilson though. That shows just how much he has drank the liberal koolaid. The woman is a Rhinestone Cowgirl. A joke. An "empty barrel"

I have no problem believing the wife and mother of the soldier might not like Trump and took the call badly. After all their son/husband was killed! They are understandably upset. And since they are apparently friends with Wilson who happened to be with them when they got the call, you can take a guess what their political leanings and their opinion of Trump was even before this happened.

But Wilson took the opportunity to use this woman's grief to attack Trump. Then started calling the entire staff White Supremacists and herself a "rock star" - she is reveling in her notoriety at the expense of this family's grief. She is a clown. She is trash.

frederica_wilson_gi.jpg

Comment

Maybe some do, but I've seen liberals willingly swallow the rod and reel as well as hook, line, and sinker. "Hands up don't shoot!", Trump and Russian collusion, just about anything Hillary Clinton says etc.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    Source: http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/22/politics/frederica-wilson-tweets-trump/index.html

(CNN)After President Donald Trump repeatedly referred to her as a "wacky Congresswoman," Rep. Frederica Wilson fired back on Sunday morning, saying that the ambush in Niger that left four US soldiers dead "is (Trump's) Benghazi" ...

Wait, what was her position on Benghazi when it actually happened?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, no kidding. I thought Benghazi was a nothing-burger, a big, fat Republican conspiracy against Hillary...

What an odd analogy for Wilson to use.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Yeah, no kidding. I thought Benghazi was a nothing-burger, a big, fat Republican conspiracy against Hillary...

What an odd analogy for Wilson to use.
                        Every once in a while, in the heat of battle, liberals trip up and admit the truth.

I'm trying to find where she supported the "youtube video" lie, but can't seem to find it for all the search results dealing with her comment about Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          I saw someone post it on facebook, but they said, "I don't know if this is real but..."

I find it hilarious that Shunya is defending Wilson though. That shows just how much he has drank the liberal koolaid. The woman is a Rhinestone Cowgirl. A joke. An "empty barrel"

I have no problem believing the wife and mother of the soldier might not like Trump and took the call badly. After all their son/husband was killed! They are understandably upset. And since they are apparently friends with Wilson who happened to be with them when they got the call, you can take a guess what their political leanings and their opinion of Trump was even before this happened.

But Wilson took the opportunity to use this woman's grief to attack Trump. Then started calling the entire staff White Supremacists and herself a "rock star" - she is reveling in her notoriety at the expense of this family's grief. She is a clown. She is trash.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24552[/ATTACH]
                          Gotta love her knee-jerk reaction of insinuating that General Kelly is a racist and her ridiculous declaration that "empty barrel" is a racist slur (which she claimed is what it says in the dictionary). Even many in the MSM found that whopper hard to swallow and challenged her on it, asking her to elaborate (which she of course ignored because she knew she simply made it up). But like some of the liberals here when they get nailed spouting nonsense she decided to double down and demanded that Kelly apologize to her but doesn't apologize for calling him a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

(CNN)After President Donald Trump repeatedly referred to her as a "wacky Congresswoman," Rep. Frederica Wilson fired back on Sunday morning, saying that the ambush in Niger that left four US soldiers dead "is (Trump's) Benghazi" and demanding an apology to "the nation" from White House chief of staff John Kelly.

Did Trump or anyone else lie through his teeth about what happened in Niger and then try to frame some innocent filmmaker for causing it?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Did Trump or anyone else lie through his teeth about what happened in Niger and then try to frame some innocent filmmaker for causing it?
                              Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, the Coptic Christian whose short video “The Innocence of Muslims” was initially faulted for sparking the Sept. 11, 2012 terror attack at U.S. diplomatic compounds in Libya, is now living in a homeless shelter run by First Southern Baptist Church in Buena Park, Calif. He has served time in prison, been shamed publicly by the White House and threatened with death.

“I don’t believe in democracy anymore,” Nakoula told FoxNews.com. “I don’t think there is such a thing as freedom of speech.”

Thank you so very much, tolerant liberals.

Comment