Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

We Are Becoming More Polarized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Are Becoming More Polarized

I think we all understood this was happening...

In polarized era, fewer Americans hold a mix of conservative and liberal views

Political Polarization, 1994-2017

The interactive chart below illustrates the shift in the American public’s political values over the past two decades, using a scale of 10 questions asked together on seven Pew Research Center surveys since 1994. The share of Americans with ideologically consistent values has increased over this time and these political values also have become more strongly associated with partisanship. These shifts are particularly pronounced among politically engaged Americans. Use the controls below to see more detail about ideological consistency in the American public since 1994.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...liberal-views/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Makes sense to me. Me and my brother disagree on most everything political.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, saw that. And, yeah, seems to be.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I notice that on the republican side, most is still in the middle and it drops off as you go further right. But on the left side, it is pretty consistently high all the way to the left with the extreme left still very high. Which means that there are a heck of a lot more Extreme liberals than there are extreme conservatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I notice that on the republican side, most is still in the middle and it drops off as you go further right. But on the left side, it is pretty consistently high all the way to the left with the extreme left still very high. Which means that there are a heck of a lot more Extreme liberals than there are extreme conservatives.
          Just by keeping an eye on the news it is clear that there are a lot more extreme liberals than there are extreme conservatives.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Hrm, if you look at the 10 questions asked (which requires a frustrating amount of digging, but you can find it here near the end) that are used to determine how conservative/liberal someone is, there are some political questions that are conspicuously missing, such as abortion or gun rights despite those being fairly major issues to people.

Comment