Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Yeah but now TW will have to start a new thread asking "Who is BV?"
    It's not as if asking about Jaltus has gotten him much enlightenment.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      It's not as if asking about Jaltus has gotten him much enlightenment.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's BV.
        That was my guess.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Sorry to be so dim.

But at least I know who BV AND Jaltus are!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
            Who is Jaltus and why are we blaming him?
            He's the legend who will forever be to blame. The "I blame Jaltus" was Dee Dee's baby. When she and the other original owners would make code changes that caused problems, she would blame Jaltus.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              He's the legend who will forever be to blame. The "I blame Jaltus" was Dee Dee's baby. When she and the other original owners would make code changes that caused problems, she would blame Jaltus.
              And with that the annoying orange takes the lead in the bid to be the biggest killjoy spoil sport

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And with that the annoying orange takes the lead in the bid to be the biggest killjoy spoil sport
                You're just mad that I know what you look like now
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  You're just mad that I know what you look like now
                  Jealous?

I overheard a woman today telling a friend that I look like Keifer Sutherland.

I figure she's in dire need of glasses.

Comment

Jealous?

I overheard a woman today telling a friend that I look like Keifer Sutherland.

I figure she's in dire need of glasses.
                    I don't know now... That brow line is pretty similar...

160818-the-lost-boys-news.jpg Jurassic-World-2-Classic-Tyrannosaurus-Rex-Returning-Rexy.jpg
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

She said an older Keifer Sutherland

and then when she realized I heard her and responded by rolling my eyes and grinned she added that even my smile was similar.

As I said. She obviously needs glasses.

I'm way more handsomer smiley smug.gif

Comment

What kind of dumbass name is "Keifer?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          What kind of dumbass name is "Keifer?"
                          Probably a last name significant to the family, i.e., "Cotton" Mather (Cotton was his mother's maiden name). My cousin's middle name is his mom's maiden name. I'm happy that my parents chose the nearest equivalent for me, or I'd be known as "Lueck".
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                            Who is Jaltus and why are we blaming him?
                            One of the things everyone's failed to mention, and what I really appreciated him for, was that Jaltus was one of Tweb's resident Biblical scholars (with a focus in Greek). I may be misremembering, but I think when I first got to the forum he was still working towards his phD or something, but in the single post of his that I can find since the crash, he mentions teaching Greek to students, so I'm assuming that's what he's up to now. Back in the day we had two or three relatively active Bible scholars with advanced degrees on the forum which made things pretty interesting around here.

I have no idea who The Unknown Comic/BV is though.

Comment

Probably a last name significant to the family, i.e., "Cotton" Mather (Cotton was his mother's maiden name). My cousin's middle name is his mom's maiden name. I'm happy that my parents chose the nearest equivalent for me, or I'd be known as "Lueck".
                              In German it means "barrelmaker" so it could well have been a last name. That or his father was smoking a lot of reefer looked at the giant bong he was using to smoke it, giggled, and said something like "dude, I have the perfect name for the baby."

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                                One of the things everyone's failed to mention, and what I really appreciated him for, was that Jaltus was one of Tweb's resident Biblical scholars (with a focus in Greek). I may be misremembering, but I think when I first got to the forum he was still working towards his phD or something, but in the single post of his that I can find since the crash, he mentions teaching Greek to students, so I'm assuming that's what he's up to now. Back in the day we had two or three relatively active Bible scholars with advanced degrees on the forum which made things pretty interesting around here.

I have no idea who The Unknown Comic/BV is though.
                                BV stands for Brother Vinny. I remember some of his posts in the archives from before the crash.

Comment