Who is Jaltus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    One of the things everyone's failed to mention, and what I really appreciated him for, was that Jaltus was one of Tweb's resident Biblical scholars (with a focus in Greek). I may be misremembering, but I think when I first got to the forum he was still working towards his phD or something, but in the single post of his that I can find since the crash, he mentions teaching Greek to students, so I'm assuming that's what he's up to now. Back in the day we had two or three relatively active Bible scholars with advanced degrees on the forum which made things pretty interesting around here.

I have no idea who The Unknown Comic/BV is though.
    Yeah, he's teaching online courses for [x] University. He was a pastor at [x] Church, but he moved a couple years ago to another state, and I'm not sure where he landed. Brill has published an article or two of his, and IIRC his doctoral thesis was published. I miss his input here. He's got twin boys approaching their teens (and doubtless more kids following), so he's probably short on time these days.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      BV stands for Brother Vinny. I remember some of his posts in the archives from before the crash.
      Oh ok. Yeah, I remember him. I never interacted with him much though.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Yeah, he's teaching online courses for [x] University. He was a pastor at [x] Church, but he moved a couple years ago to another state, and I'm not sure where he landed. Brill has published an article or two of his, and IIRC his doctoral thesis was published. I miss his input here. He's got twin boys approaching their teens (and doubtless more kids following), so he's probably short on time these days.
        My email for him still works. He's very busy these days, so doesn't have time for Tweb.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          And with that the annoying orange takes the lead in the bid to be the biggest killjoy spoil sport
          The gantlet drops.

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
          BV stands for Brother Vinny. I remember some of his posts in the archives from before the crash.
          The challenge is accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
            The gantlet drops.

The challenge is accepted.

Comment