Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Latest sexual predator: Bush the Elder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest sexual predator: Bush the Elder

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.3586520

Heather Lind, who starred in “Turn: Washington’s Spies,” detailed her accusations in a lengthy and since-deleted Instagram post Tuesday, when she said she was “disturbed” after seeing a photo of President Obama with the 41st president.

“I found it disturbing because I recognize the respect ex-presidents are given for having served. And I feel pride and reverence toward many of the men in the photo. But when I got the chance to meet George H. W. Bush four years ago to promote a historical television show I was working on, he sexually assaulted me while I was posing for a similar photo,” Lind, 34, wrote.

“He didn’t shake my hand. He touched me from behind from his wheelchair with his wife Barbara Bush by his side. He told me a dirty joke. And then, all the while being photographed, touched me again. Barbara rolled her eyes as if to say ‘not again.’ His security guard told me I shouldn’t have stood next to him for the photo.
    This act may not be that big of a deal but the implication here is that Shrub Senior plays grabass so often both his wife and security guard are used to it, a much heavier accusation.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

This was brought up in the Weinstein thread and as Adrift noted while everyone seems to interpret what she claims as being that he touched her derriere, that is not what she said. "He touched me from behind" is not the same as "he touched my behind."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It could also imply something worse than grabbing her behind too though. i'm fine with just splitting the difference and assuming it WAS that given that she called it a sexual assault and I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that she didn't mean that him touching her leg or back constitutes sexual assault
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Apologies and such.

More than anything, it's sad.

His mind is clearly well on its way out the door. He probably shouldn't be allowed to be out and about. But it has to be hard to tell him, "Hey old nut, you have to stay in your room now."

ETA: The article also shows what a know-nothing twit the "gropee" Lind is: The thing that moved her to go public was the sight of 41 shaking hands with Obama at the recent "five former Presidents" event. She thought his presence disgraced the others. That's right, the disgrace was a silly old guy well into his dotage, not the guy who while still in his prime and still actually POTUS, used an intern as a humidor (to steal a great line from James Woods).
        Last edited by NorrinRadd; 10-26-2017, 02:20 AM.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I could see several possibilities:

1) He knowingly groped her.
          2) He groped her but wasn't fully aware of what he was doing because he's old and his faculties aren't what they used to be.
          3) He was simply trying to put his arm around her, but because he's in a wheelchair and doesn't have good muscle control, he inadvertently put his hand where he shouldn't have.

I'm leaning towards 2 because he also told a dirty joke, assuming this woman is telling the truth. Years ago I knew a guy who had been in a serious motorcycle accident and suffered head trauma. One of the side affects was that during his recovery he lost a good deal of his inhibitions and would openly hit on nurses even when his wife was present. Once he had fully recovered, he was his normal, restrained self again and had little memory of his previous actions. I wonder if the senior Bush is suffering something similar.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I believe the link I included in post #4 includes a more detailed claim by an additional accuser.

Matt Walsh has this to say.

I have seen one person online claim that there have been numerous non-trivial allegations against him over the years. I really don't recall that. And I don't know how long "over the years" would be. He's been elderly and potentially "not all there" as far as inhibitions and judgment go for 15 years or so.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

We're now up to the third allegation, similar in pattern to the first:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...027-story.html

While she was taking a picture with Bush at the event, Kline wrote, Bush asked: "You wanna know my favorite book?"

"Yes, what is it?" she recalled responding. According to her article:

"By now the photographer was readying the shot. My husband stood on one side of the wheelchair, and I stood on the other. President Bush put his arm around me, low on my back. His comic timing was impeccable. "David Cop-a-feel," he said, and squeezed my butt, hard, just as the photographer snapped the photo. Instinctively, I swiped his hand away."

A friend of the Bush family, Kline said, later asked the best-selling author to be "discreet" about the incident.

Two other women, actresses Heather Lind and Jordana Grolnick, said earlier this week that they were groped by the 41st president while taking photos with him at other events. Both actresses said former first lady Barbara Bush saw the incidents.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                We're now up to the third allegation, similar in pattern to the first: ...
                When did it happen? How old was he at the time?

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

it says in the article: april 2014

Comment

if he's grabbing butt cheeks while senile maybe babs or someone else looking out for him should do damage control BEFORE it happens and avoid embarrassing him like this. especially since it seems to be a recurring pattern and thus easy to predict

Comment

Me too!

I need to come forward and say that President bush grabbed my butt too.

Comment