Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.10.26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.10.26

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing God...
    Walking on thin ice…
    Shalom!

Yesterday I wrote, “I may be walking on “thin ice” but when I read “look at the stone quarry from which you were dug,” I immediately I thought of Jesus reaching back into his empty tomb and pulling us out one at a time.” Jesus’ death on the cross is His gift to us and what God did in the tomb is His gift to us. “But God’s mercy is great, and he loved us very much. Though we were spiritually dead because of the things we did against God, he gave us new life with Christ. You have been saved by God’s grace. And he raised us up with Christ and gave us a seat with him in the heavens. He did this for those in Christ Jesus” (Ephesians 2:4–6, NCV)

Somehow in Jesus’ dark damp tomb God’s Light did the impossible, “He gave us new life with Christ.” Adding further God’s Greatest Miracle / Blessing the apostle Paul writes, “If anyone belongs to Christ, there is a new creation. The old things have gone; everything is made new! All this is from God. Through Christ, God made peace between us and himself, and God gave us the work of telling everyone about the peace we can have with him.” (2 Corinthians 5:17–18, NCV)

“The old things have gone; everything is made new!” I have never associated this particular sentence with the maladies some of us carry with us on a daily basis until I began writing this Glory Seed. But as I went deeper into what is means to me and you I suddenly discovered the “things” might not be the maladies themselves but newness they become as our lives are built on Jesus’ life. Instead of burdens to be carried they become not only “points of interest” to Jesus but also “rally points” for the Holy Spirit to do what He does best, Bless us!

“May God be merciful and bless us. May his face smile with favor on us.” **
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://www.gloryseeddevotionals.org.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

"Scriptures marked NCV quoted from The Holy Bible, New Century Version, copyright © 1987, 1988, 1991 by Word Publishing, Dallas, Texas 75039. Used by permission."

**Psalm 67:1, New Living Translation
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X