Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are Democrats trying to lose Virginia's governor's race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Until the last couple of months Gillespie had been running what was in effect a Never Trump campaign with nearly his entire staff consisting of die-hard Never Trumpers. Only toward the end did he start embracing Trump's positions (while simultaneously, stead-fastly keeping Trump himself at arm's distance) and then he started closing the gap which IIRC had been well into double digits.
    Yeah, Gillespie was 100% Establishment Republican.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Yeah, Gillespie was 100% Establishment Republican.
      You guys soooo funny!

Comment

It's like someone arguing that their baseball team really won because they got more hits when it's the runs that matter.
        Not quite rogue, it's more like ones baseball team lost even though they got the most runs because of an idiotic rule put in place that says the least runs win.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          Not quite rogue, it's more like ones baseball team lost even though they got the most runs because of an idiotic rule put in place that says the least runs win.
          You're really bad at analogies.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            When a baseball team shows up to play, they know exactly what it takes to win. They know full well that they lose by not putting more runs on the board than the other team, regardless of how may hits they get.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The Republicans had taken back control of the House 4 years earlier, in 2010.
              That's what I was talking about. I somehow got my years mixed up and was talking about the wrong year. Oops.

Comment

You guys soooo funny!
                To be fair JimL is incapable of figuring out who the corporate stooges that rule his own party are so there's little hope he'd be able to distinguish between Republican factions.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

The Republicans had taken back control of the House 4 years earlier, in 2010. Further, as I already stated, Obama explicitly wanted the election to be a referendum on his presidency, in a way I don't recall seeing before.
                  While nobody can seriously argue that Trump has a ginormous ego it doesn't hold a candle to Obama's. Literally everything is about him.

You could be discussing the weather with him and it'll all be about "me," "my" and "I" for him.

This was the guy who seriously intoned after securing his party's nomination "This is the moment we will see the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal"

And proclaimed how "a light will shine down from somewhere, it will light upon you, you will experience an epiphany and you will say to yourself 'I have to vote for Barack'."

The man who actually thought an iPod loaded with audio recordings of his speeches and pictures of himself was an appropriate gift for the Queen of England.

And who soon after being elected went to Europe to tell the Olympic Committee that they should select Chicago as the venue for the event because this would please him as if that should mean anything to them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What's hilarious is that liberals bought into Obama's self-hype. I remember shortly after Obama's first presidential win, there was a terrorist attack somewhere in the world, and some talking heads were genuinely baffled that Obama's victory didn't bring instant peace on earth.

Comment

While nobody can seriously argue that Trump has a ginormous ego it doesn't hold a candle to Obama's. Literally everything is about him.

You could be discussing the weather with him and it'll all be about "me," "my" and "I" for him.
                      Nonsense, that's simply your brainwashed minds perpective which your interpretation of the quotes below evinces.
                      This was the guy who seriously intoned after securing his party's nomination "This is the moment we will see the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal"
                      If you actually read the speech, rather than listening to your favorite propagandists you would have known that Obama wasn't talking about himself, he was talking about all of us, his supporters, it was about why we voted for him, the issues such as the effects of climate change that with our support he would work to reverse.
                      And proclaimed how "a light will shine down from somewhere, it will light upon you, you will experience an epiphany and you will say to yourself 'I have to vote for Barack'."
                      Again, doubt you ever even heard the speech but are in ignorance fed one line out of context and so pass judgement in accord with your biased perspective. What he said was "that it was his job as a candidate to persuade his audience to vote for him." The metaphor was expressive of how well he hoped to be able to do that, not about how great he is.
                      The man who actually thought an iPod loaded with audio recordings of his speeches and pictures of himself was an appropriate gift for the Queen of England.
                      And again, I guess you swallow whatever you're fed, or whatever you like. The Ipod was not loaded with Obama speeches and pictures, it was loaded with videos from the Queens trip to the U.S. in 2007 as well as with songs.
                      And who soon after being elected went to Europe to tell the Olympic Committee that they should select Chicago as the venue for the event because this would please him as if that should mean anything to them.
                      Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff. He went out of his way, flew to Copenhagen to lobby on behalf of the city of Chicago as the site for the next Olympics. And thats a bad thing, why?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        What's hilarious is that liberals bought into Obama's self-hype. I remember shortly after Obama's first presidential win, there was a terrorist attack somewhere in the world, and some talking heads were genuinely baffled that Obama's victory didn't bring instant peace on earth.
                        Yeah sure MM. Get a grip will ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          To be fair JimL is incapable of figuring out who the corporate stooges that rule his own party are so there's little hope he'd be able to distinguish between Republican factions.
                          What I know, and apparently what you are incapable of figuring out, is which party is looking out only for the wealthiest amonst us, and which party is looking out for the country as a whole. Some day you may catch on, but I kind of have my doubts concerning you. Judging by the election results around the country on Tuesday, some peoples eyes are opening.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            Yeah sure MM. Get a grip will ya!
                            Nope. It really happened, but it was nearly a decade ago, so I probably won't be able to find a source.
                            Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-09-2017, 09:45 AM.

Comment

What I know, and apparently what you are incapable of figuring out, is which party is looking out only for the wealthiest amonst us, and which party is looking out for the country as a whole. Some day you may catch on, but I kind of have my doubts concerning you. Judging by the election results around the country on Tuesday, some peoples eyes are opening.
                              neither party is looking out for the country as a whole. the difference is republicans voted for a guy who is at least trying to whereas democrats keep voting for bought and paid for corporate shills like Hillary Clinton.
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                                neither party is looking out for the country as a whole.
                                As far as I'm concerned, the whole lot is more focused on keeping their own butts in power than what's good for the country. The Clinton Machine turned that into a fine art.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment