Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

In memory of Debora Jefferis, our beloved Crow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In memory of Debora Jefferis, our beloved Crow

Debora Jefferis passed today after a long battle with congestive heart disease. She was a dear friend, and a friend in time of need.

Her acidic and charming wit, mad redneck skills and stories will be sorely missed.

We assume she's right and will continue in heaven, but I'm holding her to her promise, that if we're both wrong, she'll save me a seat by the fire.

Please post your remembrances here.

Deb who went by the name of "Crow" here on Tweb was one of my favorite mods when I first joined here. She had an amazingly sharp sense of humor and quick wit. She will be missed by her family and friends and I am eager to meet her in person up in heaven

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Oh my God.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I loved Crow. She was my gal sidekick for a long time when it was just her and me against the other orange guys......Faramir, Trout, Jaltus, and OB One.

She had an amazing discernment about her, she could see through any BS that any posters were shovelling out, and she had no problems calling them on it.

She made jewellery. I have 2 necklaces and some earrings that she made for me. One of the necklaces has a silver possum charm on the clasp. I knit a scarf for Thirsty in return, and hope that he allowed her to borrow it once in a while when it was chilly out.

She will be missed so much here, but I plan on meeting her for the first time when I get Home.

Until the Morning, Deb.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Jesse, thank you so much for your faithful friendship to Deb. And thank you for letting us know about her passing.

I know your heart is breaking.

I love you, tzu-py.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Many years ago, Deb and I crashed the forever-banned and forever-returned-as-a-sock Troy Brooks' discussion board for a trolling session. Troy had famously refused to put me on his list of Enemies of Watchman Nee, because, he said, I wasn't a Christian.

He filled his own board with his socks, too.

I managed to beat BillyBob's record on that one, banned before making a single post.

I'd registered as Troy Brooks.

As Deb was OSAS, and I'm an ex-Christian, she promised she'd see me in heaven, too. Not that that would get me onto Troy's list, either, just make it that much more painful, because, well, Deb did make Troy's list, and never tired of rubbing in the salt when I moaned about the unfairness of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              Jesse, thank you so much for your faithful friendship to Deb. And thank you for letting us know about her passing.

I know your heart is breaking.

I love you, tzu-py.

Comment

This is what I posted on my Facebook page. Allie might have her own thoughts to share. I will post them here if she does.

It is with much sorrow that Allie Licona Peters and I heard the news of the passing away of our friend Debora Jefferis. Apparently, she knew this was coming, but no one else did. From what I have heard, it was congestive heart failure. We never got to meet this side of eternity, but she was a friend of ours. She had even sent Allie a necklace she had made to celebrate my wife going so long without cutting. As anyone who knows me knows, if you treat Allie well, you will be fine in my book. If you don't, you won't.

We appreciated Debora's sense of humor and her straight forward attitude. She always just said what she thought and she didn't really care how it came across, but at the same time she had a heart for people who were suffering. She was a unique individual and even if you didn't agree, you always had to like what she said. The last great quip of hers I remember was talking about people who were sure Jesus was going to return on September 23rd and how she said "Jesus will be upset that His Dad told all these other people and not Him."

What's a great lesson we can learn from this? Life is precious. No matter how young or old someone is, we often treat them like they'll be around with us forever. Life will always go on. Then someone dies like this and we know it doesn't go on the same way. This side of eternity, you can never get to see them or hear them or enjoy all their unique mannerisms. Even though she and I and my wife are all Christians, Allie and I are still mourning, though not like those who have no hope. We mourn because we have truly lost something.

So when you hear this, why not take some time to celebrate the loved ones in your life? Take some time to think about what you're thankful for. Don't ever take anyone special in your life for granted. You are never promised another moment with them. Every day you have is a gift. It's easy to focus on negative stuff around you. There will always be negatives this side of eternity. Take time to focus on the positives, and if you truly count, there are always far more positives in life. Give thanks for all the good you have and rejoice in it. You are not owed it. It is a gift.

Debora. Thank you for your friendship this side of eternity. We hope we will pick it up right where we left off when we see you again.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

She had an amazing discernment about her, she could see through any BS that any posters were shovelling out, and she had no problems calling them on it.
                  That.

She was also the only woman I ever met that had an interest in and wide knowledge about homemade explosives and I loved swapping stories with her usually via PM.

As Jessie sad "mad redneck skills"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

May her memory be eternal!
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Don't have much to say at the moment, other than Lao, and...

...everyone in heaven is probably wondering where all the snakes suddenly came from.

Comment

Wow. I really knew her as the keeper of snakes. See you in the morning.
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                          Debora Jefferis passed today after a long battle with congestive heart disease. She was a dear friend, and a friend in time of need.

Her acidic and charming wit, mad redneck skills and stories will be sorely missed.

We assume she's right and will continue in heaven, but I'm holding her to her promise, that if we're both wrong, she'll save me a seat by the fire.

Please post your remembrances here.
                          I really didn't have any meaningful interaction with her, so I can't share remembrances, but... I know this was really hard for you, Jesse, so thank you for posting.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I can not say I knew this person. I can tell however that she was special. If she did indeed hear Christ and knock so that it would be answered she will return one day among the glorified in him.
                              sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X