Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In memory of Debora Jefferis, our beloved Crow

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Don't have much to say at the moment, other than Lao, and...

...everyone in heaven is probably wondering where all the snakes suddenly came from.

40th Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Wow. I really knew her as the keeper of snakes. See you in the morning.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lao tzu View Post
    Debora Jefferis passed today after a long battle with congestive heart disease. She was a dear friend, and a friend in time of need.

Her acidic and charming wit, mad redneck skills and stories will be sorely missed.

We assume she's right and will continue in heaven, but I'm holding her to her promise, that if we're both wrong, she'll save me a seat by the fire.

Please post your remembrances here.
    I really didn't have any meaningful interaction with her, so I can't share remembrances, but... I know this was really hard for you, Jesse, so thank you for posting.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

4. Amen mossrose, Jedidiah, Cerebrum123, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Child of the One True King Raphael's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    TheologyWeb Needs YOU! - Please Help Us Upgrade Tweb! Click here for more info

"If you can ever make any major religion look absolutely ludicrous, chances are you haven't understood it"
    -Ravi Zacharias, The New Age: A foreign bird with a local walk

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I can not say I knew this person. I can tell however that she was special. If she did indeed hear Christ and knock so that it would be answered she will return one day among the glorified in him.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Wow. I really knew her as the keeper of snakes. See you in the morning.
    She posted several pictures of them. IIRC mostly boas.

I'm always still in trouble again

High Priestess of the Pot Stirrers ke7ejx's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Into your hands, O merciful Savior, we commend your servant Debora Jefferis. Acknowledge, we humbly beseech you, a sheep of your own fold, a lamb of your own flock, a sinner of your own redeeming. Receive her into the arms of your mercy, into the blessed rest of everlasting peace, and into the glorious company of the saints in light. May light perpetual shine upon her. Amen.
    I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    She was one of our top moderators here, an Orange like Bill the Cat is. Her and Lao Tsu also shared the creation of the lovable character on tweb of Thirsty Possum. I hope LT will keep him posting from time to time.

I kept in touch with Debora on facebook where we shared a love of animals and she gave me tips on growing peppers, and I enjoyed her recipes.

I will miss her a lot. We have lost other friends here on Tweb over the years but I hope we will meet again one day in Heaven.

Rest in Peace Deb.

default-1464354436-173-crow-brains-reveal-secrets-of-their-intelligence.jpg

10. Amen mossrose, ke7ejx, lao tzu, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Department Head Apologiaphoenix's Avatar
    Faith
    Trinitarian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Allie struggles with cutting. When she posted on Facebook about going 100 days without, Debora made her a necklace and sent it to us. Allie posted this picture and the following on Facebook today.

Cuttingnecklace.jpg

"Debora Jefferis made this necklace for me last year for going 100 days without cutting....I will honor your memory and 100 more days without cutting....I look forward to seeing you on the other side my friend...."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Crow was definitely a fixture of the forum for me who always came off as a compassionate and friendly soul. Her passing is a reminder that life can be all too short. James 4:14, You do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.

But those of us in Christ are filled with the Holy Spirit and abound in hope! 1 Thess 4:3, But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.

I know Crow would want those who have not yet experienced the love of Jesus, or those who felt they had a relationship with Christ, but then walked away from the faith, to consider and reconsider that relationship. God loves you so much! Imagine that, the creator of the entire universe loves YOU. No matter what you've done, no matter where you've been, no matter the things you've said, in Christ there is forgiveness, there is light in the darkness, there is living water to quench your inner thirst, there is life more abundant here and in the hereafter!