Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Toxic waste fire in Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toxic waste fire in Virginia

Yikes. It's reported to be spreading hot toxic gases for 40 miles downwind.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

That's actually West Virginia, no? And seeing those tiny streams of water on the fire, relative to the size of the fire... wow.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      That's actually West Virginia, no? And seeing those tiny streams of water on the fire, relative to the size of the fire... wow.
      Cut him some slack - he has to squint to see that far!
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        That's actually West Virginia, no?
        Oh. Yeah. My mistake.

I'd like to clarify that I do know that West Virginia is, for some strange reason, not a part of Virginia.
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          Oh. Yeah. My mistake.

I'd like to clarify that I do know that West Virginia is, for some strange reason, not a part of Virginia.
          I wouldn't have thought otherwise. Of course, I have friends who say that the reason West Virginia is "almost heaven" is because it is right next to Virginia.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            Oh. Yeah. My mistake.

It was part of Virginia until midway through the War of Northern Aggression, when it split from the rest of the state and got admitted to the Union as a new one.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              It was part of Virginia until midway through the War of Northern Aggression, when it split from the rest of the state and got admitted to the Union as a new one.

DamnYankees!

(Mrs Johnston said "damn" is not a swear word if it's attached to Yankees)

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                I didn't know that. Thanks.

Now explain "New South Wales"...

Comment

Well, that's a lot. I know someone who lives there. Guess I've got a phone call to make.
                  "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

I'm wondering if the smoke/fumes are climbing, or hovering closer to the ground as they spread.

Comment

Yikes, that's pretty scary.

Comment