Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.10.27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.10.27

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing God...
    A doorway called sympathy…
    Shalom!

Finally, all of you, have… sympathy…” (1st Peter 3:8)

Some see sympathy as a window – a window where they can view the difficulties and burdens of those less fortunate yet not get involved. However, sympathy is not a window instead; it is a doorway – a doorway through which deeper relationships are created, where needs are met.

Many times, doorways remain only windows and only become doorways when someone walks through them. One of the most powerful stories of someone walking through the doorway of sympathy is recorded in the 11th Chapter of John. “Now when Mary came to where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet, saying to him, ‘Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.’ When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in his spirit and greatly troubled. And he said, ‘Where have you laid him?’ They said to him, ‘Lord, come and see.’ Jesus wept.” (John 11:32 – 11:35 ESV)

When Jesus experienced not only his own sadness at the death of his friend but had sympathy for Mary’s deep-seated pain he sympathized with her and cried. Yet Jesus did not stand and do-nothing sympathy motivated his compassion and. “then Jesus, deeply moved again, came to the tomb. It was a cave, and a stone lay against it. Jesus said, ‘Take away the stone.’ Martha, the sister of the dead man, said to him, ‘Lord, by this time there will be an odor, for he has been dead four days.’ Jesus said to her, ‘Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?’ So they took away the stone. And Jesus lifted up his eyes and said, ‘Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me.’ When he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice, ‘Lazarus, come out.’ The man who had died came out, his hands and feet bound with linen strips, and his face wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, ‘Unbind him, and let him go.’” (John 11:38 – 11:44 ESV)

Sympathy for Jesus turned to empathy, which then turned to compassion, which then turned into action. There are those this day that will cross your path that will need you to become a part of their suffering. You will probably not be able to give life to the dead, but you can help resurrect dying hope and disappearing dreams.

Perhaps you are the one who stands in need of someone to come to your assistance. If so might I suggest you re-read the account of Jesus’ sympathy for Mary and ask the Holy Spirit to take you inside the story – you can be rest assured, it will!

Jesus ministers the same yesterday, today, and forever!

“May God be merciful and bless us. May his face smile with favor on us.” **
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://www.gloryseeddevotionals.org.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Scripture quotations marked ESV "Are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2016 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

**Psalm 67:1, New Living Translation
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X