Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

We have indictments in the Mueller probe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have indictments in the Mueller probe.

Stand by.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/27/politi...ion/index.html

My guess is Manafort.

The timing is interesting. Traditionally when someone wants to bury a story, they'll quietly issue a press release late Friday night, let the story burn itself out over the weekend, and then a fresh news cycle begins on Monday and the story is forgotten. It's almost like they're trying to stop this news from making a splash, perhaps because the charges are anticlimactic.

Or maybe Mueller is trying to distract from the Hillary scandals that are currently unfolding at a rapid pace and which directly implicate him.

I guess we'll find out.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-27-2017, 10:29 PM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

mueller should be recusing himself after it turned out the FBI under him was coordinating with the Democrats and the Russians to smear Trump, not indict anyone.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Well, it turns out that Manafort was in hip deep with the Podesta Group for years before Trump picked him up. Interesting how that dynamic will turn out.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          mueller should be recusing himself after it turned out the FBI under him was coordinating with the Democrats and the Russians to smear Trump, not indict anyone.
          Yep... the timing of this announcement is certainly convenient/suspicious.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Well, it turns out that Manafort was in hip deep with the Podesta Group for years before Trump picked him up. Interesting how that dynamic will turn out.
            He was drowning in Russian debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Yep... the timing of this announcement is certainly convenient/suspicious.
              It's certainly the ideal time to dump news you have to broadcast, but would rather not.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

It was obvious to some us that the GOP Clinton games were about starting a distraction before some major news from the Mueller camp hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                  He was drowning in Russian debt.
                  Nah. The Rooskies pay well, donchaknow.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Nah. The Rooskies pay well, donchaknow.
                    Sixty million big ones tends to talk.

Comment

It was obvious to some us that the GOP Clinton games were about starting a distraction before some major news from the Mueller camp hit.

Comment

If the Mueller camp was so inept as to leak their news to the GOP in time for the GOP to get their news out first, they're failing rather badly. And as I (and MM) have already observed, this is the worst possible time to release big news. Big news gets dropped on the Monday morning news/talk shows, so it's the topic du jour at the water cooler first thing in the week.
                        sigpic

Comment

This is the angle I expected the investigation to take.

Just as the as the Ken Starr probe started with Whitewater and ended with Lewinsky, the Mueller probe has started with Russian interference, but is now turning into an investigation about foreign bribery, FARA violations, and money laundering.

Podesta, Flynn, Manafort, etc, all have their backs to the wall right now.
                          Last edited by Sea of red; 10-27-2017, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Yes I think so, or possibly Flynn which would be more damaging for Trump. OR, just possibly, Don Jr and Kushner in which case we can expect a couple of presidential pardons.

Comment

Sixty million big ones tends to talk.
                              And 145 million big ones talk even more.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment