Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Universe Shouldn't Exist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Universe Shouldn't Exist...

Interesting...

The Universe Should Not Actually Exist, CERN Scientists Discover

The universe as we know it should not exist, scientists working at CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, have said.

After performing the most precise experiments on antiprotons that have ever been carried out, researchers have discovered a symmetry in nature that they say just shouldn’t be possible.

One of the big questions about the universe is how the first matter formed after the Big Bang. Because particles and antiparticles annihilate one another when they come into contact, if there were exactly equal measures of both, the universe wouldn’t exist—at least not in the form we see it today. As such, there must be an imbalance between particles and antiparticles, even if it is only by the tiniest fraction.

"All of our observations find a complete symmetry between matter and antimatter, which is why the universe should not actually exist," first author Christian Smorra, from Japan’s RIKEN institute, said in a statement.

http://www.newsweek.com/universe-sho...iscover-692500
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Are you suggesting, seer, that there is something that science does not understand about the origin of the universe?
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      Are you suggesting, seer, that there is something that science does not understand about the origin of the universe?
      Who, me?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Interesting...
        ...which is why the universe should not actually exist," first author Christian Smorra...
        Well, he's a Christian, so what do you expect?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

And just yesterday scientists were ready to pack it in having figured that they knew everything about everything

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

And just yesterday scientists were ready to pack it in having figured that they knew everything about everything

As a professor of mine once noted, these are the three stages in the education of an astrophysicist:

1) First year undergrad: We know everything
            2) 2-4th year undergrad: This is how we know everything
            3) grad student: Er, this is why we don't know anything.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              As a professor of mine once noted, these are the three stages in the education of an astrophysicist:

Reminds me of what someone I knew who was both a psychologist and psychiatrist[1] once said about his education. The first semester you learn everything you'll ever need to know. The second semester you learn that everything you previously learned was wrong and now you learned everything you'll ever need to know. The third semester you learn that everything you previously learned was wrong and now you learned everything you'll ever need to know. This continues all the way until you graduate when you pick out the pieces that make sense to you and work for you and use them.

1. and no I was not seeing him professionally

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

Sounds like me with theology!

Comment

I am not impressed with an 'argument from ignorance' when some scientists claim the 'universe shouldn't exist,' because they presently lack the information that explains the formation and existence of the universe.
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    I am not impressed with an 'argument from ignorance' when some scientists claim the 'universe shouldn't exist,' because they presently lack the information that explains the formation and existence of the universe.
                    But it's always fun to see scientists puzzled.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      In reality they are almost always puzzled. That is why they are constantly researching and studying this thing or that. It isn't because they already have all the answers and are bored.

As Isaac Asimov so aptly put it: "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the most discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but 'That's funny'."

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        I actually agree, and this part o the inspiration for further research. It is not uncommon for scientists to be puzzled and not know nor understand everything.

What is the problem here?!?!?!
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Science Fiction scenario:

There are four types of matter not just matter and anti-matter. (+) (-) But another set of matter and anti-matter. (north) (south)

If either a (north) or (south) and say comes in contact with an (-) electron. Then the let us say (south)tron comes in contact with an (-) electron they become a (north)tron and a (+) positron pair.

So the other type of matter coming into contact with matter or anti-matter cause a switch of the matter type. Making it possible for only ordinary matter as we know it to remain.

High energy photons being slowed down by ordinary matter becomes an electron and positron pair. If the some high energy photon was slowed down by the other type of (this fictional) matter it would become a (north)tron and (south)tron pair. Should this happen in the presence of ordinary matter it could cause a cascade of natter and its anti-matter annihilation.

Photons are electro-magnetic entities. Only 90 degrees out of phase is the difference between these two types of matter and anti-matter.

Again science fiction for now.
                          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                            Science Fiction scenario:

There are four types of matter not just matter and anti-matter. (+) (-) But another set of matter and anti-matter. (north) (south)

If either a (north) or (south) and say comes in contact with an (-) electron. Then the let us say (south)tron comes in contact with an (-) electron they become a (north)tron and a (+) positron pair.

So the other type of matter coming into contact with matter or anti-matter cause a switch of the matter type. Making it possible for only ordinary matter as we know it to remain.

High energy photons being slowed down by ordinary matter becomes an electron and positron pair. If the some high energy photon was slowed down by the other type of (this fictional) matter it would become a (north)tron and (south)tron pair. Should this happen in the presence of ordinary matter it could cause a cascade of natter and its anti-matter annihilation.

Photons are electro-magnetic entities. Only 90 degrees out of phase is the difference between these two types of matter and anti-matter.

Again science fiction for now.
                            Disconnected sound bites from the clueless with a religious agenda.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                              Disconnected sound bites from the clueless with a religious agenda.
                              How does that factor into a religious agenda?

Offhand, it seems to me that you're off base with that comment.
                              Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment