Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Universe Shouldn't Exist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Again, again, again and again no, because you are selectively citing Vilenkin to justify your agenda. This article refers only to the beginning of our universe, and not whether the greater (multiverse) cosmos is past eternal. Vilenkin proposed that it is possible that the multiverse had a beginning, but again our multiverse may be one of an infinite number of multiverses. but than again you do not believe there is evidence or beginning of our universe and all possible universes in a multiverse from Quantum nothing that Vilenkin, Guth, Krauss, Hawking and others support.
    Why are you fudging the truth again Shuny? It is the multiverse that needs a beginning. In his inflation theory the multiverse can not be past eternal.

For the eternal inflation model, what we can show mathematically is that there is no end to this process. Some people thought maybe you could avoid a beginning, too. But our 2003 theorem shows that [avoiding a beginning] is impossible for this scenario. Although inflation may be eternal into the future, it cannot be extended indefinitely to the past. So that was that.
    http://now.tufts.edu/articles/beginning-was-beginning
    Then there is the idea of an emergent universe which exists as a kind of seed for eternity and then suddenly expands.

So these modern cosmologies suggest that the observational evidence of an expanding universe is consistent with a cosmos with no beginning or end. That may be set to change.

Today, Audrey Mithani and Alexander Vilenkin at Tufts University in Massachusetts say that these models are mathematically incompatible with an eternal past. Indeed, their analysis suggests that these three models of the universe must have had a beginning too.

Their argument focuses on the mathematical properties of eternity–a universe with no beginning and no end. Such a universe must contain trajectories that stretch infinitely into the past.

However, Mithani and Vilenkin point to a proof dating from 2003 that these kind of past trajectories cannot be infinite if they are part of a universe that expands in a specific way.

They go on to show that cyclical universes and universes of eternal inflation both expand in this way. So they cannot be eternal in the past and must therefore have had a beginning. “Although inflation may be eternal in the future, it cannot be extended indefinitely to the past,” they say. https://www.technologyreview.com/s/4...d-a-beginning/
    Your speculating in the realm of the scieniists Quantum Mechanics, Cosmology, and Physics you do not believe there is any evidence for, and Sparko and you have no qualifications to make the judgments you make based on your theist agenda..
    But Shuny you speculate and you too have no qualifications, and you also have a religious agenda since your religion demands that matter and energy are past eternal. Hypocrite
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Arguing with Shunya about science is like arguing with your dog about politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Arguing with Shunya about science is like arguing with your dog about politics.
        On this subject Shuny has a clear religious agenda, his religion teaches that matter and energy are co-eternal with his god...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
          On this subject Shuny has a clear religious agenda, his religion teaches that matter and energy are co-eternal with his god...
          Like I said in another thread: What if the "multiverse" is Heaven and God is a being living there who created this universe from "nothing?" can shunya or anyone prove differently?

Comment

Arguing with Shunya about science is like arguing with your dog about politics.
            If he stays within the areas of his training (primarily geology) he is quite competent, but the moment he leaves them...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Just come out and admit that they don't know, that they are guessing and may never know since at this point we can't get any evidence outside of the universe. Or of any other universe. It's OK to admit science can't answer everything at this time.

I have respect for science and I don't begrudge scientists even wondering what created the universe or if there are other universes, but don't arrogantly come off as if what they are "theorizing" about is fact, or that they even have actual evidence when they don't.

"we don't know" is a perfectly good scientific answer to me.
              This does not reflect the view of the physicists and cosmologists, nor I concerning the origins of our universe, nor the existence of the multiverse. Your conflating layman's terminology with science and demonstrating your ignorance and incompetence in the science involved. Science does not deal with what they 'know,' and this over the top misrepresentation of science based on your religious agenda. Science deals with the falsification of theories and hypothesis as a progressive process as more knowledge becomes available.

You are also atrociously misrepresenting the use of what is 'fact.' Neither the scientist nor I consider the theories and hypothesis concerning the origins of the universe, and the possible existing of multiverses as 'facts.'
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                If he stays within the areas of his training (primarily geology) he is quite competent, but the moment he leaves them...
                Not a coherent response, and failed to address the issues involved, and only trolling with an agenda, You are unnecessarily justifying the misuse of science by seer and sparko. I cite the scientists involved without seer's selective references, and NOT rely on my expert knowledge, which in math and physics may be better than you assert without any knowledge of my background.
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

This does not reflect the view of the physicists and cosmologists, nor I concerning the origins of our universe, nor the existence of the multiverse. Your conflating layman's terminology with science and demonstrating your ignorance and incompetence in the science involved. Science does not deal with what they 'know,' and this over the top misrepresentation of science based on your religious agenda. Science deals with the falsification of theories and hypothesis as a progressive process as more knowledge becomes available.

You are also atrociously misrepresenting the use of what is 'fact.' Neither the scientist nor I consider the theories and hypothesis concerning the origins of the universe, and the possible existing of multiverses as 'facts.'
                  Not a coherent response, and failed to address the issues involved, and only trolling with an agenda.

Comment

Not a coherent response, and failed to address the issues involved, and only trolling with an agenda.
                    You're a cruel pirate.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      You're a cruel pirate.
                      Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind...

Comment

Please respond . . .

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Except there are good reasons to believe that matter and energy are not past eternal:http://inference-review.com/article/...f-the-universe
                          Did you read the part where he says that the theory of quantum creation is no more than a speculative hypothesis. There's a long way to go and I'm sure a whole lot that physicists still don't understand about cosmology.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Did you read the part where he says that the theory of quantum creation is no more than a speculative hypothesis. There's a long way to go and I'm sure a whole lot that physicists still don't understand about cosmology.
                            Seer, that means your use of such science is not acceptable, Jim's on the other hand is valid.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Well Jim, one of the reasons why quantum creation (creation in the absence of time space or matter) is being looked at so intently is because there is no way to get to an eternal past for matter and energy.

Comment

Please respond . . .

Comment