Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Universe Shouldn't Exist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
    The LHC and other particle colliders generate antimatter in the form of subatomic particles very regularly.
    I knew that.
    The broken symmetries are in how these decay, not in their production. As a result, various quarks and antiquarks can be treated as equivalents for most things that go on inside particle collisions.
    Interesting.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Interesting.
      Here's an example of one instance from a CERN press release if you'd like to know a bit more:
      https://home.cern/about/updates/2017...and-antimatter
      "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Actually, the answer is that during the big bang matter and antimatter were indeed created in equal amounts, but they were separated into two universes: This universe and the antiuniverse where Spock has a goatee.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24650[/ATTACH]
        I'm not sure the antimatter universe from The Alternative Factor is the same as the "mirror" universe from Mirror, Mirror and its many derivative episodes.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          I'm not sure the antimatter universe from The Alternative Factor is the same as the "mirror" universe from Mirror, Mirror and its many derivative episodes.
          Are you questioning my science!!!???? Science is never wrong you heretic!!!!

Comment

Are you questioning my science!!!???? Science is never wrong you heretic!!!!
            Unfortunately, you are the one making this claim, science is built on the evolving nature of knowledge and the claim it is never totally right.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
              Unfortunately, you are the one making this claim, science is built on the evolving nature of knowledge and the claim it is never totally right.
              Did you ever have a sense of humor, Shunya? Or was it exorcised when you were a child?

Comment

Did you ever have a sense of humor, Shunya? Or was it exorcised when you were a child?
                I really wonder if he even realized you were joking. He reacted as though it was a serious argument.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  I really wonder if he even realized you were joking. He reacted as though it was a serious argument.
                  That what I meant. he does that a lot.

Comment

Considering the anti-science trend in your posts, claim of humor would be a stretch. Sarcasm maybe, but not humor.
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                      Considering the anti-science trend in your posts, claim of humor would be a stretch. Sarcasm maybe, but not humor.
                      You frequently miss humor and assume it to be something else. You must be a real riot at parties.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        Are you suggesting, seer, that there is something that science does not understand about the origin of the universe?
                        Yeah, can you believe that?

Comment

Well all I can say is thank God for the Mandella Effect, because back in 2014 the Universe DIDN'T exist according to science, but now it only shouldn't exist. That's quite an improvement!

Higgs Boson Seems To Prove That The Universe Doesn't Exist

Comment

Well all I can say is thank God for the Mandella Effect, because back in 2014 the Universe DIDN'T exist according to science, but now it only shouldn't exist. That's quite an improvement!

Higgs Boson Seems To Prove That The Universe Doesn't Exist
                            Ah, that's a combination of the "fireballs of doom" from my link above, plus the BICEP2 results, which turned out not to be definitive because the BICEP team didn't properly account for dust in our own galaxy.
                            "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
                              Ah, that's a combination of the "fireballs of doom" from my link above, plus the BICEP2 results, which turned out not to be definitive because the BICEP team didn't properly account for dust in our own galaxy.
                              And then there is strange matter which could destroy the universe in a zombie virus sort of way, converting everything it touches into strange matter. Or if dark energy keeps expanding everything we could just dilute the universe to death.

Comment

***sneaks in***

And then there is strange matter which could destroy the universe in a zombie virus sort of way, converting everything it touches into strange matter.
                                Yeah but its unlikely to exist, since if it did the whole universe would likely have already been turned into strange matter.

Or if dark energy keeps expanding everything we could just dilute the universe to death.
                                Heat death is inevitable, regardless of the rate of the expansion. That is until God winds up the clock again.

***sneaks out***

Comment