Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Once Upon a Time Season 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once Upon a Time Season 7

So what do you think about the "reboot" of OUAT?

I am not quite sure what to think yet.

For those who don't know, they did a "reset" of the show. They moved it to Seattle where the fairly tale people are in a new town, not hidden from the rest of the world, and most of the characters are not on the show any more. Snow White, Charming, Emma, etc are all gone. It follows Henry as a grown up (played by a different actor) who was traveling through the realms for many years, fell in love with a hispanic Cinderella, had a kid, and ended up in Seattle with no memory of who is was. He is an author of a fairytale book called Once Upon a Time which apparently chronicles the real story of his life and the other people but he thinks it is fiction. He is met by his daughter who like he did in season one is trying to get him to remember the truth. Of course he doesn't.

Also in the show is the Evil Queen, Rumplestilskin, and Captain Hook. Queenie is a bartender and is good, Rumple and Hook are Policemen.

Meh. We quit watching it a couple of seasons ago.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

It's kinda growing on me after a few episodes I like what they've done with Hook. and the flash backs are pretty good at filling in what needs to be filled in giving you more clues. I'd be interested to find out if my husband and I are right about some of our guesses on who is connected to whom. not sure what I feel about what happened with Rumpelstiltskin and Beauty but not surprised about it, Rumple being the dark one and all. I'm hoping that Gideon will pop up some time. I'm willing ot keep watching it to see where it goes.

heck once upon a time isn't your typical fairy tale anyway lots of twist and turns along the way which is what made the first 6 seasons so interesting, I suspect we haven't seen all the twists and turns yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        Meh. We quit watching it a couple of seasons ago.
        It has gotten kinda predictable in the last few years so I welcome a change up. But the problem I have is the change up itself is actually just the same story all over again with a different location and different characters. Somehow I think this will be the last season. Seems too desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          So what do you think about the "reboot" of OUAT?

I am not quite sure what to think yet.

For those who don't know, they did a "reset" of the show. They moved it to Seattle where the fairly tale people are in a new town, not hidden from the rest of the world, and most of the characters are not on the show any more. Snow White, Charming, Emma, etc are all gone. It follows Henry as a grown up (played by a different actor) who was traveling through the realms for many years, fell in love with a hispanic Cinderella, had a kid, and ended up in Seattle with no memory of who is was. He is an author of a fairytale book called Once Upon a Time which apparently chronicles the real story of his life and the other people but he thinks it is fiction. He is met by his daughter who like he did in season one is trying to get him to remember the truth. Of course he doesn't.

Also in the show is the Evil Queen, Rumplestilskin, and Captain Hook. Queenie is a bartender and is good, Rumple and Hook are Policemen.
          And with that last sentence I think they officially jumped the shark.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I didn't get very far in the show in the first place. Something about the "everything including the kitchen sink" approach to fairy tales did not click with me.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              And with that last sentence I think they officially jumped the shark.
              yup. Although Rumple seems to be a crooked cop with a conscience he has to keep beating down.

Comment