Children and rebellion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
    I'd do anything to get out of watching football, too.
    Same.

Comment

I dont like football or thanksgiving food much.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Yeah, but you're a girl, so....
        I am no girl, but football is a big bore. Now baseball is more interesting.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Football doesn't go down as easily as it used to for me, so I watch grand sumo instead. You could say I find it a little easier to stomach.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            When all the men were in the living room watching football on Thanksgiving, my son was in the kitchen helping the ladies with the pies and such. Not cool! Thankfully I found a Playboy under his mattress when he was thirteen - I pretended to be mad, but secretly...
            I took a typing class in 9th grade (got a B and still type with only two fingers). The only boy in the class which had half the cheerleading squad in it smiley dirtyflirt.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              I took a typing class in 9th grade (got a B and still type with only two fingers). The only boy in the class which had half the cheerleading squad in it [ATTACH=CONFIG]24717[/ATTACH]
              That was the Home-Ec class I took. But I did learn how to eat cookies and brownies!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                That was the Home-Ec class I took. But I did learn how to eat cookies and brownies!
                Reminds me: at the (Christian) college I graduated from, there was a running joke that the only building on campus without its own acronym was the Home Economics Living Lab.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  Baseball? Pitcher throws the ball to the catcher. The catcher throws it back. Once in a while something else happens to briefly enliven the tedium, except in a "perfect game" in which the tedium never ends. I'll grant that it is slightly more exciting than golf, but that's a rather low bar.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    I took a typing class in 9th grade (got a B and still type with only two fingers). The only boy in the class which had half the cheerleading squad in it [ATTACH=CONFIG]24717[/ATTACH]
                    Yes, that is normal because typing wasn't your main goal!
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Is that the one where they hit the little ball with sticks?
                      Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        I'll grant that it is slightly more exciting than golf, but that's a rather low bar.
                        No, that's the one where they hit the little ball with sticks.

Comment

Is that the one where they hit the little ball with sticks?
                          You got it. They hit a little ball with a big stick, unlike golf where it is an even littler ball with a funny sort of stick.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

You got it. They hit a little ball with a big stick, unlike golf where it is an even littler ball with a funny sort of stick.
                            But what I want to know is, why? And why do people pay just to watch? It's like paying to watch someone else eat cake instead of eating cake yourself. I don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                              I've tried some audiobooks. For the most part, they just read so dang slow that I get impatient and want to read the thing myself.
                              On most audiobook players, you can adjust the playback speed.

Comment

But what I want to know is, why? And why do people pay just to watch? It's like paying to watch someone else eat cake instead of eating cake yourself. I don't understand.
                                Why does anyone want to pay just to watch someone else dance? Or just listen to someone else sing instead of singing and dancing themselves?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment