Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Civil War: DNC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedrick View Post
    The DNC made a judgement that Sanders was too extreme to win. I think there was a good basis for that, though in light of today's politics, I think they might well have been wrong. Still, they were trying to come up with the best candidate.
    And they settled on HILLARY!?!?!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
      I never defended her, nor have I, if I remember correctly. That she lost to trump is a huge embarrassment. This election more than most seemed to be voting against the other guy.
      I think that's a pretty fair assessment - I most CERTAINLY was voting against the other guy.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        And they settled on HILLARY!?!?!
        I think Hillary would be an OK president. However she was a lousy candidate and I agree that there was reason to know that in advance.

Comment

I think Hillary would be an OK president. However she was a lousy candidate and I agree that there was reason to know that in advance.
          She may end up indicted after all over campaign law violations.

First, federal law sets strict limits on campaign contributions. Financial records must now be subpoenaed to determine whether these laws were broken. Given Clinton’s past record of shady transactions such as the Whitewater land deal and her sale of cattle futures, there is a strong chance that a document trail will lead investigators to multiple violations of the Federal Election Campaign Act.

Second, if Brazile’s account of Clinton’s artifice is true, it is likely that campaign finance reporting laws were broken under the same Act. Hiding campaign money through false or misleading campaign reports is illegal. In egregious cases it is a crime, not just a civil penalty.

Finally, the funneling of campaign funds from one source to another smacks of money laundering. Any transaction that seeks to conceal or disguise proceeds of illegal activity constitutes money laundering. So, if it can be shown that Clinton violated campaign contribution limits or reporting requirements, then the channeling of the proceeds from one source to another would be the “laundering” of it.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
            Donna Brazile's book sounds like big hoot!
            Brazile paints a scathing portrait of Clinton as a well-intentioned, historic candidate...
            Savage!
            "Well-intentioned"? I can't think of a less accurate way to describe Hillary. She and her campaign were entitled and nasty from the start.
            Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-04-2017, 05:36 PM.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The Democratic party should really be ashamed of itself after this nonsense. I think the Republicans are in much worse trouble, but Democrats have their own disastrous nonsense to deal with here.
              "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
              -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I think Hillary would be an OK president.
                Obama took America to the edge of a cliff. Hillary would have pushed us over.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Obama took America to the edge of a cliff. Hillary would have pushed us over.
                  Obama left the DNC in horrible financial position - $24 MILLION in debt, but Donna Brazille claims this was hidden even from her...

To be fair to the DNC, it didn't enter this agreement simply because it thought Clinton a preferable candidate, although that was part of it. No, the committee was bust. It had no money for the campaign. It was on the brink of collapse. So it was vulnerable to a hostile takeover. Clinton could make it an offer it couldn't refuse.

For this, the party can thank former President Barack Obama. Brazile writes, “Obama’s neglect had left the party in significant debt” to the tune of $24 million. Gensler told Brazile, “The campaign had to do it or the party would collapse.” It's worth noting, therefore, that Obama not only wrecked the party across the country by helping it lose about 1,000 legislative seats at the state level but also left it financially crippled.

Almost no one knew about the debt, not even senior officers of the party, Brazile included. When she found out, she screamed, “I am an officer of the party and they’ve been telling us everything is fine and they were raising money with no problems.” The whole thing was a big lie, which makes it entirely predictable that it was presided over by Clinton, who lies even when she says "but" and "and," as the saying goes.

Comment

the only reason why the rnc is in more trouble than the dnc is because the dnc base is servile and weak, none of this will lead to any discernible change and their elites will continue to play their subhuman IQ base for the retards that they are.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

First, federal law sets strict limits on campaign contributions. Financial records must now be subpoenaed to determine whether these laws were broken. Given Clinton’s past record of shady transactions such as the Whitewater land deal and her sale of cattle futures, there is a strong chance that a document trail will lead investigators to multiple violations of the Federal Election Campaign Act.

Second, if Brazile’s account of Clinton’s artifice is true, it is likely that campaign finance reporting laws were broken under the same Act. Hiding campaign money through false or misleading campaign reports is illegal. In egregious cases it is a crime, not just a civil penalty.

Finally, the funneling of campaign funds from one source to another smacks of money laundering. Any transaction that seeks to conceal or disguise proceeds of illegal activity constitutes money laundering. So, if it can be shown that Clinton violated campaign contribution limits or reporting requirements, then the channeling of the proceeds from one source to another would be the “laundering” of it.
                      She will never face any legal repercussions (my expectation). She has too many supporters and those who oppose her very strongly tend to . . . disappear.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                        One thing I’m not sure on- I thought it was pretty clear that Russia meddled in so much as they ran a ‘fake news’ campaign on social media, thus convincing a not insignificant number of the population that factually incorrect items were true, thus influencing their vote. The argument being how much- if any- of a hand Trumps team had in this, thus the collusion.

However I get the impression the argument on here was where or not that social media campaign is true to begin with?
                        They spent the equivalent of what a local restaurant in a large city might spend and FWIU a significant portion of it appears to have been after the election. As for how many people believed what they said ... I would like to see evidence that it influenced many votes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The DNC made a judgement that Sanders was too extreme to win. I think there was a good basis for that, though in light of today's politics, I think they might well have been wrong. Still, they were trying to come up with the best candidate.
                          So they put their money on someone who was too crooked to win

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This analysis sounds eerily similar
                            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            And don't forget the financial arrangement she made with the DNC that appears to violate multiple laws.

The DNC was deep in debt to the tune of $20 million. Hillary, with her deep pockets resulting from all the money foreign entities were pouring into the Clinton Foundation in hopes of getting special treatment under a Clinton Administration (boy has that flow dried up!), offered to pay off that debt in exchange for gaining control over their finances, having the final say-so on decisions on their staffing decisions as well as the DNC was now being required to consult with her about budgeting, data, analytics, and mailings.

In effect Hillary bought out the DNC and turned it into an arm of her campaign.

So now Hillary and the DNC go out on joint fundraisers during the campaign and raise something like $100 million dollars, and here’s where it gets really interesting. The states take their share but then they immediately kick it back to the DNC, which in turns kicks their share and the states’ share over to Hillary for her use -- which is in violation of campaign contribution limits, the finance reporting laws, and most importantly, is money laundering.

But the MSM isn't interested. To them it's old news and everyone knew about it.

Comment

Sanders had support from people who normally aren't interested in the Democratic Party, had one of the highest approval ratings of any notable political figure in the country, didn't have any real scandals, and was non-establishment in an election where voters were clearly showing they were tired of the establishment (meanwhile, I can't think of anyone who's more establishment than Hillary).

Sure, this is with the benefit of hindsight. But I think Sanders would probably have won had he been the one to go up against Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                                But I think Sanders would probably have won had he been the one to go up against Trump.
                                I want to see Sanders vs Hillary vs Trump in 2020!!
                                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment