Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Civil War: DNC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clinton/DNC scandals

1) Clinton and DNC paid for 'Russian dossier'
    2) Clinton bought over DNC, officials of DNC allowed it to happen.

What will we find out next? Stay tuned for Civil War: DNC!
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Yeah, I done it again - meant to report this post as being "part II" of DNC Civil war, but amen'd it instead.

We need an UN-amen button just for me.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        The irony there is that Hillary spent over twice as much as Trump did during the race. According to CNBC, Trump spent more than $859,538 per electoral vote in his favor, Clinton $2,070,000
        Despite my opinion of his tactics in the election & since, his use of saying dumb things on social media does generate a lot of free advertising.

The fact that he was so appalling also caused the MSM to give him and his what would in any other person usually be considered gaffs a lot of airtime. More free advertising.

I consider him to be objectively repulsive, however I can’t deny that it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          The irony there is that Hillary spent over twice as much as Trump did during the race. According to CNBC, Trump spent more than $859,538 per electoral vote in his favor, Clinton $2,070,000
          Trump didn't need to spend it, he had all the help he needed to win from Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Trump didn't need to spend it, he had all the help he needed to win from Russia.
            One thing I’m not sure on- I thought it was pretty clear that Russia meddled in so much as they ran a ‘fake news’ campaign on social media, thus convincing a not insignificant number of the population that factually incorrect items were true, thus influencing their vote. The argument being how much- if any- of a hand Trumps team had in this, thus the collusion.

However I get the impression the argument on here was where or not that social media campaign is true to begin with?

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
              Despite my opinion of his tactics in the election & since, his use of saying dumb things on social media does generate a lot of free advertising.

The fact that he was so appalling also caused the MSM to give him and his what would in any other person usually be considered gaffs a lot of airtime. More free advertising.

I consider him to be objectively repulsive, however I can’t deny that it worked.
              And the fact that, in spite of her opponent being such a scumbag reprobate, Hillary still lost, says a lot about her. Why, she should have won by AT LEAST 50 POINTS!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Did you ever think that maybe Hillary got what she deserved for cheating Bernie Sanders out of any chance of winning?

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                  One thing I’m not sure on- I thought it was pretty clear that Russia meddled in so much as they ran a ‘fake news’ campaign on social media, thus convincing a not insignificant number of the population that factually incorrect items were true, thus influencing their vote. The argument being how much- if any- of a hand Trumps team had in this, thus the collusion.

However I get the impression the argument on here was where or not that social media campaign is true to begin with?
                  I get the impression that whatever fake news was peddled, it was mostly swallowed by those ready to believe it - iow, I'm not convinced it changed many votes. I was under the impression that most of it came too late to influence the election, but last I heard FB et al. had many more fake accounts than they'd let on earlier. Given FB's obvious partisan stance, I'm surprised something like that would not have come out sooner.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    And the fact that, in spite of her opponent being such a scumbag reprobate, Hillary still lost, says a lot about her. Why, she should have won by AT LEAST 50 POINTS!
                    I never defended her, nor have I, if I remember correctly. That she lost to trump is a huge embarrassment. This election more than most seemed to be voting against the other guy.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      I get the impression that whatever fake news was peddled, it was mostly swallowed by those ready to believe it - iow, I'm not convinced it changed many votes. I was under the impression that most of it came too late to influence the election, but last I heard FB et al. had many more fake accounts than they'd let on earlier. Given FB's obvious partisan stance, I'm surprised something like that would not have come out sooner.
                      Not necessarily, propaganda works, thats why its utilized.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        I get the impression that whatever fake news was peddled, it was mostly swallowed by those ready to believe it...
                        Also known as low-information voters, a.k.a. Hillary supporters.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Not necessarily, propaganda works, thats why its utilized.
                          Propaganda works because it's the only easily available source of information and cannot be shown to be false. Propaganda fails when it is readily shown to be false and/or there is another more believable source of information available; it cannot handle competition.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Donna Brazile's book sounds like big hoot!
                            Former Democratic National Committee head Donna Brazile writes in a new book that she seriously contemplated replacing Hillary Clinton as the party’s 2016 presidential nominee with then-Vice President Biden in the aftermath of Clinton’s fainting spell, in part because Clinton’s campaign was “anemic” and had taken on “the odor of failure.”

In an explosive new memoir, Brazile details widespread dysfunction and dissension throughout the Democratic Party, including secret deliberations over using her powers as interim DNC chair to initiate the process of removing Clinton and running mate Sen. Tim Kaine (Va.) from the ticket after Clinton’s Sept. 11, 2016, collapse in New York City.

Brazile writes that she considered a dozen combinations to replace the nominees and settled on Biden and Sen. Cory Booker (N.J.), the duo she felt most certain would win over enough working-class voters to defeat Republican Donald Trump. But then, she writes, “I thought of Hillary, and all the women in the country who were so proud of and excited about her. I could not do this to them.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.e59dbf9c6741
                            Brazile paints a scathing portrait of Clinton as a well-intentioned, historic candidate whose campaign was badly mismanaged, took minority constituencies for granted and made blunders with “stiff” and “stupid” messages. The campaign was so lacking in passion for the candidate, she writes, that its New York headquarters felt like a sterile hospital ward where “someone had died.”
                            Savage!

Two days later, Clinton collapsed as she left a Sept. 11 memorial service at Ground Zero in New York. Brazile blasts the campaign’s initial efforts to shroud details of her health as “shameful.”
                            Last edited by demi-conservative; 11-04-2017, 04:31 PM.
                            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                              Brazile paints a scathing portrait of Clinton as a well-intentioned, historic candidate whose campaign was badly mismanaged, took minority constituencies for granted and made blunders with “stiff” and “stupid” messages. The campaign was so lacking in passion for the candidate, she writes, that its New York headquarters felt like a sterile hospital ward where “someone had died.”
                              Lol someone did die (and I don't just mean Clinton's dignity).

hillary_sick_ben_garrison.jpg
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

The DNC made a judgement that Sanders was too extreme to win. I think there was a good basis for that, though in light of today's politics, I think they might well have been wrong. Still, they were trying to come up with the best candidate.

Comment