Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Carter Page: Another nail in Trumps coffin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter Page: Another nail in Trumps coffin.

After months of appearing on cable news spots and denying any contact with Russians as foreign policy adviser to the Trump Administration, Carter Page testifies in Congress that he did indeed travel to Russia on behalf of the administration, met with Russian government officials, and relayed via e-mail back to the Trump campaign the details of those discussions . This means that Trump himself has been lying all along when he continuosly said "I don't know of anyone in my administration that has met or communicated with Russians at any time.

fake news
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      After months of appearing on cable news spots and denying any contact with Russians as foreign policy adviser to the Trump Administration, Carter Page testifies in Congress that he did indeed travel to Russia on behalf of the administration, met with Russian government officials, and relayed via e-mail back to the Trump campaign the details of those discussions . This means that Trump himself has been lying all along when he continuosly said "I don't know of anyone in my administration that has met or communicated with Russians at any time.
      JimL, link your sources or we can assume all you have is an assertion.

Put up or shut up. in other words stop making unfounded assertions. enough is enough.

Folks the only reason someone would have not to give any sources for what he posts is because he knows either it is not a valid source or it does not say what he says it says.
      Last edited by RumTumTugger; 11-03-2017, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
        JimL, link your sources or we can assume you are making the assertion it is. Put up or shut up. in other words stop making unfounded assertions. enough is enough.

Folks the only reason someone would have not to post any sources for what he posts is because he knows either it is not a valid source or it does not say what he says it says.
        Trump's guilt is super-duper obvious; no proof evidence of any kind required. Obviously.

Edited for accuracy
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

According to that Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Apparatus - CNN Politics - Page's testimony went like....

During more than six hours of closed-door testimony, Page said that he informed Sessions about his coming July 2016 trip to Russia, which Page told CNN was unconnected to his campaign role. Page described the conversation to CNN after he finished talking to the House intelligence committee.
          Sessions' discussion with Page will fuel further scrutiny about what the attorney general knew about connections between the Trump campaign and Russia — and communications about Russia that he did not disclose despite a persistent line of questioning in three separate hearings this year.

"Back in June 2016, I mentioned in passing that I happened to be planning to give a speech at a university in Moscow," Page told CNN. "Completely unrelated to my limited volunteer role with the campaign and as I've done dozens of times throughout my life. Understandably, it was as irrelevant then as it is now. If it weren't for the dodgy dossier and all the chaos that those complete lies had created, my passing comment's complete lack of relevance should go without saying."
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This, from Hot Air

And one other thing, which may be snide but which must be said: If you’ve ever watched Carter Page give an interview on TV, you’ve probably come away with the impression that he’s, ah, a bit of a doofus who’s way, waaaaay too eager to talk about his dealings with Russia. That impression was evidently reinforced yesterday during his congressional testimony, which, according to lawmakers, was “meandering, at-times confusing and contradictory.” Page didn’t even bring a lawyer with him, a fact that will leave attorneys woozy given how much legal jeopardy he’s in potentially. Based on what you’ve seen and heard of Page, does he strike you as someone who’d be a linchpin of collusion between Team Trump and the Kremlin? Does he seem like someone whom Jeff Sessions would have paid much attention to or taken very seriously? “Too dopey to be dangerous” is a risky defense, but if anyone can make it work, it may be Page.

Carter sounds a lot like JimL.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              This, from Hot Air

And one other thing, which may be snide but which must be said: If you’ve ever watched Carter Page give an interview on TV, you’ve probably come away with the impression that he’s, ah, a bit of a doofus who’s way, waaaaay too eager to talk about his dealings with Russia. That impression was evidently reinforced yesterday during his congressional testimony, which, according to lawmakers, was “meandering, at-times confusing and contradictory.” Page didn’t even bring a lawyer with him, a fact that will leave attorneys woozy given how much legal jeopardy he’s in potentially. Based on what you’ve seen and heard of Page, does he strike you as someone who’d be a linchpin of collusion between Team Trump and the Kremlin? Does he seem like someone whom Jeff Sessions would have paid much attention to or taken very seriously? “Too dopey to be dangerous” is a risky defense, but if anyone can make it work, it may be Page.
              The problem for Trump is that Carter Page is but one of many Trump associates with connections to Russia. If he was a one-off his connections would be relatively unimportant. But, there are just so many of them.

Carter sounds a lot like JimL.
              And this gratuitous denigration is typical of CP.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                The problem for Trump is that Carter Page is but one of many Trump associates with connections to Russia. If he was a one-off his connections would be relatively unimportant. But, there are just so many of them.

you seem to be talking about Clinton again, Tassy

Comment

Sounds like Papadoofus, just another low-level nobody trying to play big-time politics, and no one in the campaign took him seriously.

Another nail in Trump's proverbial coffin? More like another nothing-burger.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    you seem to be talking about Clinton again, Tassy
                    Even if that was true I fail to see how it would adress the point. It is not that Trump does not have a problem if Hillary has got an even bigger problem. But of course you would rather talk about her...
                    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Sounds like Papadoofus, just another low-level nobody trying to play big-time politics, and no one in the campaign took him seriously.

Another nail in Trump's proverbial coffin? More like another nothing-burger.
                      Have you got anything of substance or only personal attacks?
                      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        Have you got anything of substance or only personal attacks?
                        So far JimL has nothing of substance, it's kind of the theme of the thread. I think you're being a little harsh on MM
                        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                          So far JimL has nothing of substance, it's kind of the theme of the thread. I think you're being a little harsh on MM
                          So asking MM for anything of substance is being harsh?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            So asking MM for anything of substance is being harsh?
                            It's a double standard until (if) JimL supplies some actual sources. Others have already cited sources which contradict Jim's unsourced claim.
                            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                              JimL, link your sources or we can assume all you have is an assertion.

Put up or shut up. in other words stop making unfounded assertions. enough is enough.

Folks the only reason someone would have not to give any sources for what he posts is because he knows either it is not a valid source or it does not say what he says it says.
                              In most cases, I'd agree - but this is JimL we're talking about here. Sometimes what he says is accurate, sometimes not; in either case, he rarely provides links. I'd chalk it up to laziness and/or condescension - we're just not worth the effort. Come to think of it, it may be more due to sheer perversity at this point; he's got to know we'll protest at a lack of source at this point, and he just likes to tweak our noses a bit.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment