Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

MLK Jr: Orgy-loving degenerate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLK Jr: Orgy-loving degenerate?

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
    yours in disappointment,
    g-man
    Looks like there is some juicy stuff in JFK release!

Sad!!!
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

I wonder when the left is going to demand that his statutes be torn down, his name removed from buildings and streets, and the holiday in his honor erased from the calendar?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I wonder when the left is going to demand that his statutes be torn down, his name removed from buildings and streets, and the holiday in his honor erased from the calendar?
      Why? He wasn't doing anything that the iconic heroes of the left of the time, LBJ, JFK, weren't doing. Or what a generation later Bill Clinton was/is doing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
        Looks like there is some juicy stuff in JFK release!

Sad!!!
        https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-re...many-there-are

Or even the darling of the Christian right, Donald J Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          Sounds like your typical Evangelical preacher.
          Nah, tends to be progs who have orgies with unnatural acts. Sad!!!
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Not even on the fifth of never.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think it has to be remembered that

A) all of this was under the direction of Hoover whose own sex life was reportedly quite 'different'
              2) it was a time of extreme prejudice and racial unrest
              C) just because the FBI produces a report doesn't mean things actually happened.

I don't pretend that King was a saint, by any means, but there were forces out to stop him by any means possible.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

But liberals have told us that the only thing that matters is the seriousness of accusation. Whether or not it's true is irrelevant.

Comment

Yeah, I know - and when it appears that the FBI may be investigating a Republican, the FBI is one of the most noble and honored entities on the planet - the mere fact that they are investigating means people should go to jail.

Unfortunately, the FBI is made up of people, and those people have prejudices. In the King era, those prejudices were rampant. Not saying King wasn't guilty of at least some of the things alleged!

When I was a kid, I had this idealistic notion that the FBI was above reproach, seeking truth and justice, and "untouchable". I have been greatly disappointed numerous times since, particularly in my own law enforcement career.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I think it has to be remembered that

A) all of this was under the direction of Hoover whose own sex life was reportedly quite 'different'
                    2) it was a time of extreme prejudice and racial unrest
                    C) just because the FBI produces a report doesn't mean things actually happened.

I don't pretend that King was a saint, by any means, but there were forces out to stop him by any means possible.
                    And

iv. It was on the orders of JFK's attorney general, his younger brother RFK, that the FBI investigated MLK

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The fact that King was an adulterer is not a new revelation by any means.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        The fact that King was an adulterer is not a new revelation by any means.
                        It was known even back when he was still alive, but the revelation that he was so hedonistic is new... assuming any of this can be taken at face value.

Comment

Hard to know - there were some very interesting reports about the civil rights movement came out from the FBI. It seems they weren't averse to producing propaganda.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                            Hard to know - there were some very interesting reports about the civil rights movement came out from the FBI. It seems they weren't averse to producing propaganda.
                            In this case it was never publicized tho, which adds to its credibility.
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              In this case it was never publicized tho, which adds to its credibility.
                              Not only was it not publicized but it was hidden away as a classified document, which is an odd move if it was intended to be propaganda.

Comment