Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

27 Christians Murdered In Texas Church...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27 Christians Murdered In Texas Church...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...pens-fire.html

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Comment

This is not a real big congregation - a significant portion of their family has been killed or wounded.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Imagine a pastor who is rarely away from his congregation on Sunday Morning - he's out of state in Oklahoma, and finds out his church was shot up and his own 14 year old daughter killed. Imagine the pain and grief and guilt this man will have for the rest of his life.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Why would someone do such a thing? At least justice will be done. I would not want to be in the perp's shoes right now.
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                Why would someone do such a thing? At least justice will be done. I would not want to be in the perp's shoes right now.
                The 'perp' is dead. He will answer directly to God.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  IMHO there is a special place in hell for people like this. Don't talk to me about how he was likely mentally ill, or snapped, or whatever. He went into that church in full combat gear and armed to the teeth. That is outright evil.

The Texas Rangers are reporting that this rampage was only stopped thanks to an armed citizen who grabbed a rifle and engaged him as well as pursued him.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    IMHO there is a special place in hell for people like this. Don't talk to me about how he was likely mentally ill, or snapped, or whatever. He went into that church in full combat gear and armed to the teeth. That is outright evil.

The Texas Rangers are reporting that this rampage was only stopped thanks to an armed citizen who grabbed a rifle and engaged him as well as pursued him.
                    Yeah, they know that he ended up dead in his car, but are allowing for the possibility that it was self inflicted. Everything I'm hearing seems to point that this armed citizen was a hero, and who knows where else this murderer could have gone - maybe to another church..... but, yeah - it's sounding to me like he was killed by the citizen.

Comment

Oh, Lord, our world is so sin-sick.

Have mercy on those who have lost loved ones in this tragedy. Give them grace and peace and strength for the days ahead.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I'm glad there are a few guys who carry in my church services.
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Pastor Robert Jeffress, First Baptist Dallas: "It's not the weapon in his hand - it's the evil in his heart".

amen

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            That's why I said I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.
                            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                              That's why I said I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.
                              Oh. Well, I don't believe he'll be wearing shoes where he goes.

Comment