Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

27 Christians Murdered In Texas Church...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Oh, Lord, our world is so sin-sick.

Have mercy on those who have lost loved ones in this tragedy. Give them grace and peace and strength for the days ahead.

Even those who were there who were blessed with not losing family often suffer from survivor's guilt. Lord please grant them strength too. Better yet. Come soon

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Pastor Robert Jeffress, First Baptist Dallas: "It's not the weapon in his hand - it's the evil in his heart".

amen
      Too soon. Y'all should hold off on the gun culture apologetics for a bit.

BCD out of the Air Force after a year in military prison for domestic abuse.

Why did this guy have a weapon in his hand?

Comment

'Creepy, crazy and weird': Former classmates say Texas gunman was an 'outcast' who 'preached his atheism' online before killing 26 in the state’s worst ever mass shooting

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-atheism.html
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post

The liberals had already begun their gun control rants.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Imagine a pastor who is rarely away from his congregation on Sunday Morning - he's out of state in Oklahoma, and finds out his church was shot up and his own 14 year old daughter killed. Imagine the pain and grief and guilt this man will have for the rest of his life.
            Yeah, that is what I was thinking about when I heard he was out of town and his daughter was killed.

Comment

^ This.

He should never had access to a gun. He posted a picture of the gun on facebook too so it wasn't like nobody knew he had one.

Comment

Seer (or anyone else who would know),

I think I read that Bergdahl won't be able to legally possess firearms because of his DD. Is BCD another term for DD, or are they substantively different? Curious to know if his fire-arm ownership was legal or not.

thanks,
                guac.
                "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                  Seer (or anyone else who would know),

I think I read that Bergdahl won't be able to legally possess firearms because of his DD. Is BCD another term for DD, or are they substantively different? Curious to know if his fire-arm ownership was legal or not.

thanks,
                  guac.
                  Yes a BCD is different, I'm not sure if that would prevent one from legally owning a firearm. But he did get convicted of beating his wife and child in a Military Court (why he was discharged) - that alone should have prevented legal ownership.
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Perhaps if we passed another law?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Yeah, that is what I was thinking about when I heard he was out of town and his daughter was killed.
                      It will haunt him for the rest of his life

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        'Creepy, crazy and weird': Former classmates say Texas gunman was an 'outcast' who 'preached his atheism' online before killing 26 in the state’s worst ever mass shooting

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-atheism.html
                        Looks like he was targeting his ex-in-laws: Texas shooter targeted the church where his second wife's family worshipped, before shooting himself in the head after fleeing. But he picked their church rather than their home.

Comment

So a crazy online atheist shoots up a church...

Comment

The liberals had already begun their gun control rants.
                            Immediately after the shooting:

Source: Dems renew calls for gun control in wake of Texas church shooting

Democrats are renewing their calls for gun reform after reports of a mass shooting at a church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, on Sunday.

Multiple people are dead after gunfire erupted at the church, which is not far outside San Antonio, according to reports.

Sens. Bob Casey Jr. (Pa.), Dick Durbin (Ill.) and Kamala Harris (Calif.) were among the Democrats who urged Congress to act in response to the latest deadly shooting.

"I’m thinking of and praying for all those impacted by the shooting in Texas. In addition to offering my prayers and thoughts I also believe Congress must take action on gun violence," Casey wrote in two separate tweets.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

And while being interviewed by NBC, Rep. Vicente González (D-Tex), declared that this was the "fourth or fifth [shooting] this year" that could have been prevented by increased gun control laws. Apparently he specified limiting magazine capacity but did not explain how that would have prevented the shooting especially since witnesses have reported that the shooter would only stop shooting when he reloaded.

It should also be noted that González proclaimed to CNN that the shooter was not Devin Kelley but rather an internet meme "Sam Hyde" so we aren't talking about the sharpest knife in the drawer

And of course those reporting on this tragedy took the opportunity to hype more gun control laws[1] like Jim Acosta of CNN, Chris Jansing (NBC), Malcolm Nance and Jim Cavanaugh (MSNBC). None noted that it was an armed citizen who halted the murderous rampage or that the shooter, convicted of domestic assault, was already banned from owning a firearm so passing more laws would hardly have deterred him.[2]

1. And as I've previously noted, we have a serious problem with not enforcing the laws already in effect (especially under Democrat Administrations that are calling for more laws for them to ignore). Kelley was already prohibited from having a gun but was posting pictures of his firearms on Facebook.

2. Perhaps because they couldn't even wait for the body count to be tallied before pushing their agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Immediately after the shooting:

Source: Dems renew calls for gun control in wake of Texas church shooting

Democrats are renewing their calls for gun reform after reports of a mass shooting at a church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, on Sunday.

Multiple people are dead after gunfire erupted at the church, which is not far outside San Antonio, according to reports.

Sens. Bob Casey Jr. (Pa.), Dick Durbin (Ill.) and Kamala Harris (Calif.) were among the Democrats who urged Congress to act in response to the latest deadly shooting.

"I’m thinking of and praying for all those impacted by the shooting in Texas. In addition to offering my prayers and thoughts I also believe Congress must take action on gun violence," Casey wrote in two separate tweets.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

And while being interviewed by NBC, Rep. Vicente González (D-Tex), declared that this was the "fourth or fifth [shooting] this year" that could have been prevented by increased gun control laws. Apparently he specified limiting magazine capacity but did not explain how that would have prevented the shooting especially since witnesses have reported that the shooter would only stop shooting when he reloaded.

It should also be noted that González proclaimed to CNN that the shooter was not Devin Kelley but rather an internet meme "Sam Hyde" so we aren't talking about the sharpest knife in the drawer

And of course those reporting on this tragedy took the opportunity to hype more gun control laws[1] like Jim Acosta of CNN, Chris Jansing (NBC), Malcolm Nance and Jim Cavanaugh (MSNBC). None noted that it was an armed citizen who halted the murderous rampage or that the shooter, convicted of domestic assault, was already banned from owning a firearm so passing more laws would hardly have deterred him.[2]

1. And as I've previously noted, we have a serious problem with not enforcing the laws already in effect (especially under Democrat Administrations that are calling for more laws for them to ignore). Kelley was already prohibited from having a gun but was posting pictures of his firearms on Facebook.

2. Perhaps because they couldn't even wait for the body count to be tallied before pushing their agenda.
                              Wow.

After Las Vegas they politicized it by going right after guns and gun control. Then after the New York incident, they criticizezed Trump for politicizing the tragedy to call for immigration control, and now after this, they are back to politicizing gun control again. The left has such a double standard and don't even try to hide it.

Not to mention gun control would probably cost more lives. A citizen with a gun is who stopped this maniac.

--
                              The two heroic locals who shot Texas gunman outside the church, chased him in their truck at 95mph and ran him off the road before he killed himself

Two quick-thinking locals have been hailed as heroes for stopping the man responsible for the worst ever mass shooting in Texas which left 26 dead.

Stephen Willeford, 55, confronted gunman Devin Patrick Kelley, 26, when he was leaving First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, wounding him, before he and Johnnie Langendorff, 27, chased him in a car after he fled.

During the 95mph car chase, Kelley lost control of his vehicle and ran off the road, before shooting himself in the head.

Texas Department of Public Safety Regional Director Freeman Martin said Willeford, a keen biker, had 'grabbed his rifle and engaged the suspect'.

A local resident told DailyMail.com that Willeford, who attends a different church, was first alerted to the shooting when his daughter called him saying there was a man in body armor gunning down church goers during mass.

He grabbed his gun and headed down to confront the gunman.
                              Willeford, a local plumber with no military experience, is however an excellent shot according to the resident, and when he came face to face with Kelley, he shot in between his body armor, hitting him in his side.

At this point Langendorff, who has a tattoo of a Texas Longhorn on his neck and who was headed to his girlfriend's house, came across the exchange of fire.

When Kelley dropped his Ruger assault rifle and fled in an SUV, Willeford came up to Langendorff and hopped in his truck.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4xfVMY4eg
                              Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Comment

Pastor Robert Jeffress, First Baptist Dallas: "It's not the weapon in his hand - it's the evil in his heart".

amen
                                the evil in his heart cannot do harm on this scale without the weapon in his hand. But, gun love wins against gun death. Love conquers death!
                                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment