Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

27 Christians Murdered In Texas Church...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    the evil in his heart cannot do harm on this scale without the weapon in his hand. But, gun love wins against gun death. Love conquers death!
    And guns are what stopped this maniac.

If he didn't have a gun he would have found some other way to kill people. He could have made a bomb, locked the doors and burned down the church, or just driven his truck through the church.

Comment

Turns out the shooter was an atheist.

Source: Breitbart

The man who shot and killed 26 people in a Texas church on Sunday is reported to be a creepy, crazy, and weird outcast who preached atheism online.

Former classmates of the Texas church shooter, Devin Patrick Kelley, said he was an atheist and outcast who thought Christians were stupid...

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/...stians-stupid/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

When Kelley dropped his Ruger assault rifle...
        It was not an "assault rifle"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
          Too soon. Y'all should hold off on the gun culture apologetics for a bit.

BCD out of the Air Force after a year in military prison for domestic abuse.

Why did this guy have a weapon in his hand?
          Lao, you disappoint me.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
            Too soon. Y'all should hold off on the gun culture apologetics for a bit.

BCD out of the Air Force after a year in military prison for domestic abuse.

Why did this guy have a weapon in his hand?
            the gun culture apologetics mostly come from people not likely to commit mass shootings. I can understand why that might sting you a little, considering how often the stereotypical white male shooter is a devout atheist.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              Lao, you disappoint me.
              To be fair to lao it may well be that he was unaware just how quickly those on the left seized on this to push their agenda yet again.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                To be fair to lao it may well be that he was unaware just how quickly those on the left seized on this to push their agenda yet again.
                To be fair, both sides have politicized tragedies and both sides condemn the other side for it while doing it themselves.

The left politicized Vegas with Gun Control and the right complained about it. Then the right politicized New York for Immigration Control and the left complained about it. Now we have gone full circle.

Both sides are wrong in acting like vultures to use tragedy as a talking point for their agendas before the blood has even been cleaned up.

Comment

To be fair, both sides have politicized tragedies and both sides condemn the other side for it while doing it themselves.

The left politicized Vegas with Gun Control and the right complained about it. Then the right politicized New York for Immigration Control and the left complained about it. Now we have gone full circle.

Both sides are wrong in acting like vultures to use tragedy as a talking point for their agendas before the blood has even been cleaned up.
                  The mangy pirate is not completely wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                    the gun culture apologetics mostly come from people not likely to commit mass shootings. I can understand why that might sting you a little, considering how often the stereotypical white male shooter is a devout atheist.
                    Last I checked lao is no longer a "devout atheist". I agree with him that the guy should not have had a weapon in his hand. I guess he decided that the laws making it illegal for him to own one didn't apply to him.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      the evil in his heart cannot do harm on this scale without the weapon in his hand.
                      Two words - pressure cooker.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So a crazy online atheist shoots up a church...

Let's pray Jimmy doesn't have any firearms.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And guns are what stopped this maniac.
                          I agree with Stefan Molyneux who in describing what happened said something along the lines that the best gun control in this case was a steady hand by a law abiding citizen with a gun.

If he didn't have a gun he would have found some other way to kill people. He could have made a bomb, locked the doors and burned down the church, or just driven his truck through the church.
                          yep or just go on the black market for the guns. But some how this time he got guns he should never have had the by the laws already in place it is an enforcement issue not the need for more gun grabbing laws.

Comment

Guys, this is legit.... (SABA is San Antonio Baptist Association)
                            SABA Response Opportunities
                            for FBC Sutherland

I wanted to give you an update on what our SABA response will be to assist FBC Sutherland and their community.

I spoke to the Gambrell Baptist Association office this morning and as well as one of their pastors who is helping lead their response. As of right now, here is the first thing we can begin doing to help those affected. We have been given permission to receive donations for funeral expenses.

SABA is creating a fund to help FBC Sutherland families pay for funeral expenses. If you would like to contribute to the fund, please mail or drop a check by at the SABA office. We are not using an online donation method because that type of service charges a fee. We want all of the funds raised to go directly to the families.

Make funeral donation checks to:

San Antonio Baptist Association
                            5807 IH-10 West
                            San Antonio, Texas 78201

In the memo line: FBC Sutherland

help spread the word if you hear somebody say they wish there was something they could do.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Let's pray Jimmy doesn't have any firearms.
                              No, Jim is not the violent sort...
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Guys, this is legit.... (SABA is San Antonio Baptist Association)
                                SABA Response Opportunities
                                for FBC Sutherland

I wanted to give you an update on what our SABA response will be to assist FBC Sutherland and their community.

I spoke to the Gambrell Baptist Association office this morning and as well as one of their pastors who is helping lead their response. As of right now, here is the first thing we can begin doing to help those affected. We have been given permission to receive donations for funeral expenses.

SABA is creating a fund to help FBC Sutherland families pay for funeral expenses. If you would like to contribute to the fund, please mail or drop a check by at the SABA office. We are not using an online donation method because that type of service charges a fee. We want all of the funds raised to go directly to the families.

Make funeral donation checks to:

San Antonio Baptist Association
                                5807 IH-10 West
                                San Antonio, Texas 78201

In the memo line: FBC Sutherland

help spread the word if you hear somebody say they wish there was something they could do.
                                Thanks for posting.
                                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment