Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Please pray for my Aunt Nelda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pray for my Aunt Nelda

She is in the hospital. They found a mass in her lung. Early report is 95% sure it's cancer. She already has reduce lung capacity from COPD and is on full time Oxygen.

Thanks,

LJ
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

God help her.
        sigpic

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Cancer sucks.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

ing
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Healing mercy to her...
                  "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Biopsy results are back and she has Squamous cell carcinoma of the lung(s). I haven't heard what stage it's at so...there is certainly still hope. Thanks for your continued prayers!
                    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Any update?
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I talked to Nelda just recently and she sounded really good about the whole thing. She says she will do whatever is necessary and not worry about her. She said her Dr was shocked that she has this type of cancer. He said it is almost always in people who are smokers and sometimes has seen it in people who smoked in the last eight years, but hers has been about 18 years (since she quit). He also said possibly the infusions she has been taking made her immune system really low which gave the cancer an opportunity to grow. He said the low-dose chemo would help her rheumatoid arthritis which would then make the infusions unnecessary.

My cousin said:
                        The oncologist just stopped in to see her. He said definitely when she’s out of the hospital, a PET scan will be necessary to make sure she doesn’t have any other tumors. He said that this cancer in her lungs is very treatable; maybe not curable. Said right now he can say that the treatment plan would more likely consist of radiation for several weeks, Monday through Friday. Also, some low dose chemo. This all would be done over a 5 month period. She is not a candidate for surgery due to her breathing issues. There has been an MRI of the brain ordered for today and we still are not sure if she will get to come home today. The Xanax seems to help with the complaints of chest pains and nauseousness she has been experiencing, as well as, keeping down any anxiety.
                        Last edited by Littlejoe; 11-15-2017, 09:30 PM.

Comment

ing

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Just got this from my cousin: I went with Mom to her oncologist appointment today, so thought I’d fill you all in. He said her cancer is between stage 2 and 3 with a possibility of stage 4 with the small mass found in her right lung during the pet scan. Her lung biopsy originally scheduled for this Wednesday, has been cancelled. He said it wouldn’t make a difference in the treatment plan and they want to start treatment ASAP. The biopsy would delay treatment getting started. She will have a port for chemo put in next Tuesday and tomorrow she will see the radiation doctor to get prepped for radiation. The plan is chemo once a week with radiation every day, Monday through Friday for 6-8 weeks. Then she will have 2 or 3 heavier chemo treatments with a follow up scan to check on progress. All with hopes to start next week. During all of this, she will be weak, loose her hair and will be constantly monitored. The oncologist has ordered her a 2 week antibiotic for the on and off fever she has had. When we arrived at the doctor today it was 100.1. He said if it ever reaches 101, then we are to go to the er. He said the larger mass in her left lung is more of a concern because it is blocking a couple of airways. He said this makes her more susceptible of pneumonia and thinks this may be what is going on. This mass on her left lung also may or may not shrink with treatment. He says that is the goal with the treatment,however sometimes cancer is just replaced with scar tissue, so only time will tell. We are now at her appointment with her primary care doctor to talk about the change of meds, history, as well as possibly getting started on insulin. This was a suggestion by the oncologist. He said that the chemo will raise her sugars and the best control would be an insulin defense. {Snip}

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment