An irrational quirk of mine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An irrational quirk of mine.

I have this strange fear of my friends being offended by something I say. I know I am an easily excitable guy so sometimes I don't think as much as I should. Still I find it uncomfortable when friends don't respond. Barring business and such of course.
    sigpic

Remain true to yourself and to God. The rest will likely sort itself out.

I mean if they're your friends only as long as you agree with them then they really weren't your friends.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I will be honest I feel like I know you guys better than my family sometimes. You guys and my grandparents.
      sigpic

Comment

Some of us were meant to be outcasts. Eventually I found people.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
          I have this strange fear of my friends being offended by something I say. I know I am an easily excitable guy so sometimes I don't think as much as I should. Still I find it uncomfortable when friends don't respond. Barring business and such of course.
          The thing about being my age Wall, with all my past experiences, if that you just don't care much what people think. I have a few close friends that go back to childhood and family. And of course - God! What more can a man want. Just remember true friendships will weather minor slights or misunderstandings.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            Some of us were meant to be outcasts. Eventually I found people.
            Yup. Theologyweb is the Island of Misfit Toys.

Rudolph.jpg

Comment

Want to know the secret to not being so self-conscious? While you are worrying about what everyone else it thinking about you and you think they are all watching you and all that, they are not. They are all worrying about what everyone else is thinking about THEM. Everyone is self-conscious to a certain extent, ESPECIALLY when they are teenagers. Some are just better at pretending they are not. But trust me. They all are. Even the Jocks and Cheerleaders and Popular kids. They are even more self-conscious than anyone because everyone IS watching them and they have to keep up appearances. Us geeks and nerds are not even on their radar, they are way too worried about themselves. And when kids pick on or make fun of other kids? They are doing it as a distraction to keep attention away from their own insecurities.

I wish I knew this when I was your age. I would have been a lot less stressed out.

Comment