Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roy Moore accused of sexual contact with 14-year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
    Every man has a predilection for young girls.
    That's creepy of you to say and untrue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      The plot thickens...

Source: Breitbart

A woman who alleges that she engaged in a legal and consensual but inappropriate relationship with Republican senatorial candidate Roy Moore has deleted multiple political postings from her Facebook page.

Some of those postings by Deborah Wesson Gibson were critical of Moore while one was related to Moore’s Democratic opponent, Doug Jones.

One posting shows a picture of Gibson with Vice President Joe Biden and says that she did work for him in 2012. One older version of that image is still on her page while another more recent posting of that same image in response to a posting from Jones’s official campaign Facebook page was removed, but was captured by Breitbart News.

Reached by Breitbart News, Gibson said that she has no comment on the removals of her Facebook posts.

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2...-trump-office/

© Copyright Original Source

And on The Sean Hannity Show, Moore flatly denied the allegations and said, "We’re also doing an investigation and we have some evidence of some collusion here but we’re not ready to put that to the public just yet."
      B-but, she says she's a Republican and supports Trump.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        B-but, she says she's a Republican and supports Trump.
        Jimmy says I'm a Republican and supports Trump.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          That's creepy of you to say and untrue.
          people are attracted to secondary sexual characteristics, which are developed during puberty. so it could technically be true, it depends on the girl. IE: this is allegedly kim kardashian at 14. She could easily pass off for a woman in her early 20s:

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            people are attracted to secondary sexual characteristics, which are developed during puberty. so it could technically be true, it depends on the girl. IE: this is allegedly kim kardashian at 14. She could easily pass off for a woman in her early 20s:

A young woman looking like an older one isn't every man "having a predilection for young girls"

I would never date someone that looked that young.

Comment

If only I was a year younger!
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

A young woman looking like an older one isn't every man "having a predilection for young girls"

I would never date someone that looked that young.
                As a matter of fact, it kinda goes against his point -- the desire would be because she looked older than she was - not that she was a child.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Jimmy says I'm a Republican and supports Trump.
                  [nitpick] Jimmy supports Trump? [/nitpick]
                  Last edited by Roy; 11-13-2017, 11:18 AM.
                  Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                  MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                    [nitpick] Jimmy supports Trump? [/nitpick]
                    ...should've been "support Trump."
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

if it was intended to just destroy his chanced in the election, they had no reason to overly embellish it or make it sound too extreme, like accusing him of rape or something. It is better to keep it minor and keep it fairly low profile because all they want to do is create enough doubt to stop him from being elected. They don't actually want it to go to any sort of trial. In this case it would be a defamation trial. The more outrageous the claim the more serious the trial would be. At this point she can just withdraw her accusation and claim it was someone else she remembered or whatever, after he loses the election.

But I really don't know if the accusations are true or not. If it were at any other time I would give the accusation more credence but it just seems too suspicious with the timing and the length of time since the alleged incident.
                      On the other hand....
                      Source: Nate Jackson

On Friday afternoon, Moore interviewed with Sean Hannity to defend himself. He not only denied the story of Leigh Corfman, the primary accuser in The Washington Post’s exposé, he denied even knowing her. “I don’t know Ms. Corfman from anybody,” Moore said. “The allegations of sexual misconduct with her are completely false.”

Three other women claim Moore either had or attempted to have a dating relationship with them when he was in his 30s and they were teens (above Alabama’s age of consent, 16). When Hannity asked about these or similar relationships, Moore was ambiguous: “No, not generally. … I’m not going to dispute anything. … It would have been out of my customary behavior. … I don’t remember going out on dates. I knew her as a friend. If we did go out on dates then we did. But I do not remember that. … I don’t remember dating any girl without the permission of her mother.”

The problem with his denial of Corfman’s story is that witnesses at the time — including her mother — corroborate the story. And according to former deputy district attorney Teresa Jones, a prosecutor who worked with Moore in the early 1980s, “It was common knowledge that Roy dated high school girls. Everyone we knew thought it was weird. We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall … but you really wouldn’t say anything to someone like that.”

link

Moore isn't coming off as especially credible himself here.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• In Defense of Judge Roy Moore
                        In Defense of Judge Roy Moore
                        By Frank J. Tipler

If one reads the original Washington Post article on Judge Moore’s supposed harassment of underage “girls” with an open mind, one will conclude that Judge Moore is completely innocent, and that he is the victim of Fake News.

First, a few definitions. I shall call a human female who is under the age of consent, a “girl.” I shall call a human female who is of the age of consent, a “woman.” I shall also define the “age of consent” to be what the legal code of the state of Alabama, both in the 1970s and today, to be the age of consent: 16. This age is above the biological age of consent, which is puberty: menstruation for a woman, pubic hair for a man. In medieval canon law, a woman was thus of the age of consent around 12. In most of current-day Mexico, this is still the age of consent. I am a 70-year-old college professor, and to me, a woman under the age of 30 seems like a young girl. I personally regard none of my female students as women; all are children in my eyes. But I shall reject both the biological age of consent, and my own personal view of the age of consent, and adopt Alabama’s age of consent.

Now read the Post article and assume that the reporters wrote the exact truth about what four human females told them (a big assumption, I grant). Then three of the four claim that Roy Moore dated them when they were women, not girls. And not only did they themselves consent to dating Moore, their families consented to their dating Moore. (Actually, according to one, her family withdrew consent, after which Moore ceased to date her). Furthermore, according to these three women, Moore never went beyond kissing and hugging. Which are the only acts a Christian man is permitted to engage in with a woman not his wife. According to these three women, Moore consistently acted as the Christian he claims to have been, and claims to be now.

The fourth human female told the Post reporters a completely different story. She claims that not only did Moore date her when she was a girl of fourteen, but that he also undressed her, and exposed himself. Notice the differences between this single claim and the other three reports: In a single case, Moore, a trained lawyer, dated jailbait. In this single case, Moore behaved in a dishonorable manner to a girl, not a woman. In this single case, we have reasons, given in the Post article, to doubt the claim: the accuser has been married three times, and has been in bankruptcy twice.

A commonsense view of human behavior is that bad guys repeat their MOs. Willie Sutton did not stop with a single bank robbery. Harvey Weinstein, Roman Polanski, and Bill Cosby have numerous rape accusers, not just one. Yet we are asked to believe a single report of mere sexual misbehavior, which is not even a claim of statutory rape.

On the basis of the Post article alone, I would have no doubt that Judge Moore dated young women when he was a young man in his early 30s. It is irrelevant that these women were in their late teens. They were of the age of consent, and hence women, not girls. It was my own experience in my thirties that women preferred older men. My own wife is six years my junior. Judge Moore’s wife is fourteen years his junior. (Judge Moore was 38 when he married his wife of 24, which is an indication that he preferred younger women -- and that his wife preferred older men.)

Disregarding the single dubious accusation, Judge Moore is accused of behavior which has been considered completely moral for almost the entirety of human history: courting a young woman in her teens while being more than ten years older. In contrast, John McCain, who has demanded that Judge Moore resign from the senate race, committed adultery, and divorced his wife to marry the woman with whom he committed adultery.

Notice that I don’t have to write “alleged to have committed adultery.” McCain admits it, because adultery is not only no longer illegal, it is now not even immoral. But for the entirety of human history, adultery has been, not only immoral, but a capital offence (Leviticus 20:10). “Thou shalt not commit adultery” is the Seventh Commandment. No doubt this is the real reason the federal judges object to Judge Moore placing the Ten Commandments in his courtroom.

Democrat Doug Jones, Judge Moore’s opponent in the senate election, supports partial birth abortion, which is to say, infanticide. In earlier times, Jones would have been considered not merely immoral, but a homicidal psychopath. Jones, should he be elected, fully intends to continue supporting infanticide. Judge Moore will support pro-life Christian morality.

The Alabama voters have a choice. I hope they make the only moral choice.

Frank J. Tipler is Professor of Mathematical Physics at Tulane University. He is the co-author of The Anthropic Cosmological Principle (Oxford University Press) and the author of The Physics of Immortality and The Physics of Christianity, both published by Doubleday.

Source: http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...roy_moore.html

Comment

IE: this is allegedly kim kardashian at 14. She could easily pass off for a woman in her early 20s
                          This being Kim "The Attention Whore" Kardashian, I wouldn't be surprised if that was a picture of her in her early-20s that she tried to pass off as being her at 14.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            On the other hand....

On Friday afternoon, Moore interviewed with Sean Hannity to defend himself. He not only denied the story of Leigh Corfman, the primary accuser in The Washington Post’s exposé, he denied even knowing her. “I don’t know Ms. Corfman from anybody,” Moore said. “The allegations of sexual misconduct with her are completely false.”

Three other women claim Moore either had or attempted to have a dating relationship with them when he was in his 30s and they were teens (above Alabama’s age of consent, 16). When Hannity asked about these or similar relationships, Moore was ambiguous: “No, not generally. … I’m not going to dispute anything. … It would have been out of my customary behavior. … I don’t remember going out on dates. I knew her as a friend. If we did go out on dates then we did. But I do not remember that. … I don’t remember dating any girl without the permission of her mother.”

The problem with his denial of Corfman’s story is that witnesses at the time — including her mother — corroborate the story. And according to former deputy district attorney Teresa Jones, a prosecutor who worked with Moore in the early 1980s, “It was common knowledge that Roy dated high school girls. Everyone we knew thought it was weird. We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall … but you really wouldn’t say anything to someone like that.”

link

could be. Or perhaps Corman and her mom are remembering some other guy at the courthouse. Or are both making it up together, or maybe Moore doesn't remember it. It was 4 decades ago. I can't remember who I talked to or what I did on a daily basis 38 years ago. Heck I can't remember what I ate for lunch two days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Reece View Post
                              In Defense of Judge Roy Moore
                              By Frank J. Tipler

If one reads the original Washington Post article on Judge Moore’s supposed harassment of underage “girls” with an open mind, one will conclude that Judge Moore is completely innocent, and that he is the victim of Fake News.

First, a few definitions. I shall call a human female who is under the age of consent, a “girl.” I shall call a human female who is of the age of consent, a “woman.” I shall also define the “age of consent” to be what the legal code of the state of Alabama, both in the 1970s and today, to be the age of consent: 16. This age is above the biological age of consent, which is puberty: menstruation for a woman, pubic hair for a man. In medieval canon law, a woman was thus of the age of consent around 12. In most of current-day Mexico, this is still the age of consent. I am a 70-year-old college professor, and to me, a woman under the age of 30 seems like a young girl. I personally regard none of my female students as women; all are children in my eyes. But I shall reject both the biological age of consent, and my own personal view of the age of consent, and adopt Alabama’s age of consent.

Now read the Post article and assume that the reporters wrote the exact truth about what four human females told them (a big assumption, I grant). Then three of the four claim that Roy Moore dated them when they were women, not girls. And not only did they themselves consent to dating Moore, their families consented to their dating Moore. (Actually, according to one, her family withdrew consent, after which Moore ceased to date her). Furthermore, according to these three women, Moore never went beyond kissing and hugging. Which are the only acts a Christian man is permitted to engage in with a woman not his wife. According to these three women, Moore consistently acted as the Christian he claims to have been, and claims to be now.

The fourth human female told the Post reporters a completely different story. She claims that not only did Moore date her when she was a girl of fourteen, but that he also undressed her, and exposed himself. Notice the differences between this single claim and the other three reports: In a single case, Moore, a trained lawyer, dated jailbait. In this single case, Moore behaved in a dishonorable manner to a girl, not a woman. In this single case, we have reasons, given in the Post article, to doubt the claim: the accuser has been married three times, and has been in bankruptcy twice.

A commonsense view of human behavior is that bad guys repeat their MOs. Willie Sutton did not stop with a single bank robbery. Harvey Weinstein, Roman Polanski, and Bill Cosby have numerous rape accusers, not just one. Yet we are asked to believe a single report of mere sexual misbehavior, which is not even a claim of statutory rape.

On the basis of the Post article alone, I would have no doubt that Judge Moore dated young women when he was a young man in his early 30s. It is irrelevant that these women were in their late teens. They were of the age of consent, and hence women, not girls. It was my own experience in my thirties that women preferred older men. My own wife is six years my junior. Judge Moore’s wife is fourteen years his junior. (Judge Moore was 38 when he married his wife of 24, which is an indication that he preferred younger women -- and that his wife preferred older men.)

Disregarding the single dubious accusation, Judge Moore is accused of behavior which has been considered completely moral for almost the entirety of human history: courting a young woman in her teens while being more than ten years older. In contrast, John McCain, who has demanded that Judge Moore resign from the senate race, committed adultery, and divorced his wife to marry the woman with whom he committed adultery.

Notice that I don’t have to write “alleged to have committed adultery.” McCain admits it, because adultery is not only no longer illegal, it is now not even immoral. But for the entirety of human history, adultery has been, not only immoral, but a capital offence (Leviticus 20:10). “Thou shalt not commit adultery” is the Seventh Commandment. No doubt this is the real reason the federal judges object to Judge Moore placing the Ten Commandments in his courtroom.

Democrat Doug Jones, Judge Moore’s opponent in the senate election, supports partial birth abortion, which is to say, infanticide. In earlier times, Jones would have been considered not merely immoral, but a homicidal psychopath. Jones, should he be elected, fully intends to continue supporting infanticide. Judge Moore will support pro-life Christian morality.

The Alabama voters have a choice. I hope they make the only moral choice.

Frank J. Tipler is Professor of Mathematical Physics at Tulane University. He is the co-author of The Anthropic Cosmological Principle (Oxford University Press) and the author of The Physics of Immortality and The Physics of Christianity, both published by Doubleday.

Source: http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...roy_moore.html
                              John!!!!

Good to see you!

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                On the other hand....

link

As the editorial above points out (post #221), Moore did nothing wrong dating young women when he was in his 30's. If he's hedging now, it's only because society has changed, but at the time, what he did was perfectly acceptable.

The accusation that he attempted to have sex with a 14-year old is a different matter and was unacceptable even then, but until this Corfman character can come up with something more than her say-so, we have to presume that Moore is innocent, especially in light of the fact that by all accounts, he was a gentleman to the young women he dated.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment