Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roy Moore accused of sexual contact with 14-year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    They will, just wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      yeah but this sounds like another fake accusation to ruin someone's rep before an election. 1979? really? and it just NOW comes out? Just before an election?
      The problem with this response is that the report is comprehensive and includes accusation of more than one woman, and corroborating testimony from many others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        with trump it didn't stick because several of the accusers lied about the circumstances, or were contradicted by family or friends, and in one case DATED Trump after the alleged assault. If I was Moore, and I was innocent, I'd look hard for an alibi. She gave enough details that he should be able to figure out the date and if he was doing something else at the time for which there is a record.
        . . . but most did not have contradictions nor questionable character.

Comment

• It seems discrepancies are coming to light regarding the allegations. It's being says that Moore's primary accuser, Liegh Corfman, would have been 17 at the time of the alleged incident, not 14, and that she has a long history of martial and financial problems and has falsely accused several other men of sexual impropriety in the past.

This is coming from people who claim to be neighbours of Corfman and from Corfman's own Facebook page.

https://70news.wordpress.com/2017/11...dem-volunteer/

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/11/...corfman-560877

If true then Corfman is not the most credible witness.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            It seems discrepancies are coming to light regarding the allegations. It's being says that Moore's primary accuser, Liegh Corfman, would have been 17 at the time of the alleged incident, not 14, and that she has a long history of martial and financial problems and has falsely accused several other men of sexual impropriety in the past.

This is coming from people who claim to be neighbours of Corfman and from Corfman's own Facebook page.

https://70news.wordpress.com/2017/11...dem-volunteer/

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/11/...corfman-560877

If true then Corfman is not the most credible witness.
            That's pretty significant.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
              Papadopoulos' did, but to no effect, so far as we know.
              Yeah, didn't mention him because he wasn't indicted; he pled guilty. Of course, his real crime there is lying to the FBI about it.
              Trump's business dealings aren't likely to withstand scrutiny, but I'm betting on another target to drop first.

Jared gathered his $1.8 billion for 666 Fifth Ave. by stripping the rest of Kushner Properties for a deal that was so far overpriced it could only get its cash out through a massive redevelopment project, which was never going to happen without many times that in outside financing. And then the market crashed, leaving him scrambling for bailouts from Chinese and Russian state bankers to cover his notes. During the campaign.
              It would be nice if we could verify that at least one side is telling the truth, human nature being what it is. One side is in full CYA mode, and the other would doubtless love to stir up even more contention here. I know a (Russian) guy who spends about half his time in Russia, and sentiment toward America is decidedly negative.
              There's always another shoe dropping on Russian links to the campaign, but I've spent enough hours listening to the intelligence committee meetings to know the vast majority of Russian interference in the last election required no assistance from the Trump campaign. I don't think Trump's team had the talent even if they wanted to help.
              If the goal of the Russians was chaos, they've hit a home run. Of course, the Swamp doesn't need much help in that area. There are many competent people in DC, but there are many of the other sort as well.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Here is a picture of a unicorn for you to print and color.

unicorn.jpg

Let me know when you're finished with that, and I'll find another one.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                  . . . but most did not have contradictions nor questionable character.
                  wrong and i humiliated you on this subject already
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    The problem with this response is that the report is comprehensive and includes accusation of more than one woman, and corroborating testimony from many others.
                    This is incorrect, the other women don't accuse Moore of anything other than taking them out on dates and being a complete gentleman.

There is one accusation, and there is no corroboration for the act itself, just conversations they've had with the alleged victim.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      wrong and i humiliated you on this subject already
                      You can only humiliate somebody who is actually capable of shame.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• You should just stick to talking about what you know instead of pontificating about what other people might, or might not know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Let me know when you're finished with that, and I'll find another one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                            You should just stick to talking about what you know instead of pontificating about what other people might, or might not know.
                            This is one of those little self protection tricks intended to insulate you from reality. It works.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              This is one of those little self protection tricks intended to insulate you from reality. It works.
                              liberals always project

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                Yeah, didn't mention him because he wasn't indicted; he pled guilty. Of course, his real crime there is lying to the FBI about it.

It would be nice if we could verify that at least one side is telling the truth, human nature being what it is. One side is in full CYA mode, and the other would doubtless love to stir up even more contention here. I know a (Russian) guy who spends about half his time in Russia, and sentiment toward America is decidedly negative.
                                A business meeting to discuss a bailout seems more likely, and about as likely with a side dish of Kompromot.

There are plenty of facts swirling about I can't tie in, but they're very suggestive. I've been following this for a while. It'd take me some work to dig out the stories I've read on this, many of them many months ago, but most were taken from buttoned-down financial sources, like Forbes.

From the December 18, 2016 profile ...
                                Around 2007, the company sold about 20,000 apartments in New Jersey. Soon after, Jared struck his first big deal, acquiring 666 Fifth Avenue in the heart of Midtown Manhattan for a record-breaking $1.8 billion in 2007. His timing was terrible. Within a few months, the financial crisis hit real estate. Credit dried up. Kushner then sold off the building's retail space as two separate properties. The first sold in 2008 for $525 million. Then the market began picking up and the second parcel sold in two pieces, in 2011 and 2012, for a total of $1.05 billion.

Jared took the reins from Charles after Christie convicted him and immediately sold off the vast majority of what Charles had acquired over a lifetime to invest the money in 666 Fifth, which immediately went bottom up. His remaining stake, give or take a claimed divestment, isn't generating income. He's dropped a billion in net worth, is still worth a lot, but is no longer in the billionaire club.

"What's the easiest way to make a small fortune?"

From other stories I can recall ...

The mega-billionaire well-connected Chinese financier's official business location in China was an empty room on the second floor of a beat up building. It was a shell, and has since been reined back firmly by Chinese regulators.

The Russian financier heads a state bank known affectionately as Putin's slush fund.

And if, as he claims, he's not a KGB agent, despite the fact KGB spies working for him in the US have been run out of the country, he's at least KGB-trained.

This is the guy Jared met just before Jared asked for a secure line back to the Kremlin that would bypass our intelligence communities.

The Kushners are sloppy.

Not to lay the sins of the father onto his son, but this is the guy who taught Jared his business practices.

Let it be noted that Charles was a concentration camp survivor, which is more than can be said for his brother.

There's more of the same, much of which pieces itself together over time without revealing anything directly damning. The Gorkov meeting has surely captured Mueller's interest, but there's no breaking news. Still, it's very suggestive, suggestive enough for me to read the odds and predict there's an indictment in his future.

If the goal of the Russians was chaos, they've hit a home run. Of course, the Swamp doesn't need much help in that area. There are many competent people in DC, but there are many of the other sort as well.
                                Possibly you haven't been following the congressional investigations too closely, because it's long since been made clear from testimony that chaos was the principal goal of the interference.

While they were supporting Trump as well, no one thought he would win. A loss that managed to delegitimize the election would still be a win for Russia. Russian-backed troops still control large swaths of Ukraine, to say nothing of Crimea. From Ukraine to Syria, our foreign policy goals are in violent opposition. Straight out of the cold war, our proxies are once again killing each other. They want us weakened.

It's not just Russia, either. It's personal between Putin and Clinton. And more, for Putin at least, it's visceral. Putin bluffed down an angry mob in East Berlin ready to storm his KGB building after the fall of the Berlin Wall. This isn't the guy who's going to shrug off crowds of demonstrators in the streets calling for him to be removed from office.

The crowds came out against him because of a fraudulent election.

Cookies.

Comment