Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roy Moore accused of sexual contact with 14-year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    How sexist and shallow of you.
    I think you're getting trolled. By several posters.
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Comment

• Yep, Moore very well might win regardless, and that would speak to the character of those Alabamans that voted for him. I mean, the guy wasn't fit for a Senate seat even before all of these sexual abuse allegations came up..

Comment

• Originally posted by guacamole View Post
        I think you're getting trolled. By several posters.
        I don't think so. But I hope so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          A hearing isn't a trial. They can't do a trial on this because it was way too long ago. And a hearing for what? A hearing is usually regarding legal matters. Perhaps if he is suing her for defamation there would be a hearing but I don't see making a hearing to discuss the charges since they are not anything he can be charged with. Sounds like a delaying tactic to me.
          A Senate hearing is for all intents and purposes a trial by the Senate.

But of course it's a delay tactic, because they know that if they allow an expert to examine the signature then it's all over for them.

In a recent interview, CNN's Wolf Blitzer repeatedly asked Allred if the signature was a forgery, and she refused to give a straight answer:

Source: thegatewaypundit.com

“Well, all I’m saying is, we will permit an independent examiner of the writing…We will allow all of this to be asked and answered at the hearing,” Allred said.

“But that’s not a flat denial, Gloria,” Blitzer said.

“Well, all I’m saying is, we’re not denying, we’re not admitting, we’re not addressing,” Allred said. “We will not be distracted.”

Blitzer asked why Allred needed a Senate hearing and would not just permit an independent handwriting expert to take a look.

“Well, uh, all I can say is we want it done in a professional setting to the extent possible, that’s the only setting in which people can testify under oath,” Allred said.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...-answer-video/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            A Senate hearing is for all intents and purposes a trial by the Senate.

But of course it's a delay tactic, because they know that if they allow an expert to examine the signature then it's all over for them.

In a recent interview, CNN's Wolf Blitzer repeatedly asked Allred if the signature was a forgery, and she refused to give a straight answer:

Source: thegatewaypundit.com

“Well, all I’m saying is, we will permit an independent examiner of the writing…We will allow all of this to be asked and answered at the hearing,” Allred said.

“But that’s not a flat denial, Gloria,” Blitzer said.

“Well, all I’m saying is, we’re not denying, we’re not admitting, we’re not addressing,” Allred said. “We will not be distracted.”

Blitzer asked why Allred needed a Senate hearing and would not just permit an independent handwriting expert to take a look.

“Well, uh, all I can say is we want it done in a professional setting to the extent possible, that’s the only setting in which people can testify under oath,” Allred said.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...-answer-video/

© Copyright Original Source

derp! I was thinking of a legal hearing in a courtroom.

never mind.

Comment

• Well Allred has to keep open the possibility that it will be exposed as a fake so she can say she had no idea and throw her client under the bus. That is why she is not answering direct questions about the yearbook.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Yep, Moore very well might win regardless, and that would speak to the character of those Alabamans that voted for him. I mean, the guy wasn't fit for a Senate seat even before all of these sexual abuse allegations came up..
                Of course Jim, you were clamoring for Bill Clinton to resign after allegations of not only sexual harassment but of actual rape. Just about every high profile Democrat defended him and attacked the accusers. What does that say about the character of Democratic party?
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko
                  Well Allred has to keep open the possibility that it will be exposed as a fake so she can say she had no idea and throw her client under the bus. That is why she is not answering direct questions about the yearbook.
                  What it tells me is that she positively knows it is fake, and that the whole thing is a scam.

Her client claimed on television that she only decided to accuse Moore after hearing the other women in the news -- which came out Thursday November 09. Gloria brought her client to a press conference, complete with two physical items and a complete scripted statement, on Monday November 13. So we are expected to believe that this lady saw the news sometime on Thursday, managed to obtain a high-priced lawyer and get up to New York for a press conference by Monday to give her performance. That part of it was one of the parts that always sounded incredibly flaky. My point is that Gloria Allred knows when she was retained. If it was before November 09, then she is fully aware of the fraud she is perpetuating.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Yep, Moore very well might win regardless,
                    Other polling has him down 12 points.

and that would speak to the character of those Alabamans that voted for him.
                    That's so simplistic. There are a lot of reasons somebody votes one way or another, and it doesn't mean they approve of the character of the person for whom they vote. You seem to have an inability to grasp that concept on any level at all.

I mean, the guy wasn't fit for a Senate seat even before all of these sexual abuse allegations came up..
                    So, you're going to call for Al Franken to resign, yes?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke
                      There are a lot of reasons somebody votes one way or another, and it doesn't mean they approve of the character of the person for whom they vote.
                      The character that the person had 40 years ago, you mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
                        The character that the person had 40 years ago, you mean.
                        That, too! I mean, yeah, especially that!
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          So, you're going to call for Al Franken to resign, yes?
                          Al Franken is one of the more egregious examples of "unfit for a Senate seat" - even without the documented allegations of sexual assault.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Al Franken is one of the more egregious examples of "unfit for a Senate seat" - even without the documented allegations of sexual assault.
                            Absolutely! And he's dumb enough to pose for a PHOTO of his sexual groping stupidity!

Comment

Absolutely! And he's dumb enough to pose for a PHOTO of his sexual groping stupidity!
                              He's a comedian, so I'm sure he meant it as a harmless joke.

Yes, I'm being sarcastic.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That's so simplistic. There are a lot of reasons somebody votes one way or another, and it doesn't mean they approve of the character of the person for whom they vote. You seem to have an inability to grasp that concept on any level at all.
                                Do you think a person who wouldn't vote for a rapist is morally superior to a person who would vote for a rapist? Do you think a person voting for a rapist is compromising their morals? Is there any crime a candidate who will vote as you wish them to do could have done that would stop you from voting for them?

Comment