Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roy Moore accused of sexual contact with 14-year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    If the shoe fits. I didn't say that the person doesn't think they are following the religion or belong to it. I said they are deluded if they think they are but don't follow what the religion actually teaches. If someone decided that they were Christian but went around wearing sheets and burning black people at the stake do you think they are really Christians? Won't Jesus tell them, "Away from me you evildoers, I never knew you?"

But I think it is slightly different if your religion teaches violence and you refuse to go along with it. That makes the religion evil but not you.
    So, were there many good Israelites who refused to go along with the evil violence of their god, or were they all just an evil people with an evil religion? ya know, like the muslims!

Which could be a reason why muslims leave Islam. They don't want to be part of what the Koran actually teaches. They try to sweep it under the rug and ignore the parts they don't like but I bet it wears on their conscience.
    Perhaps thats why Christians separated themselves from the Jews. They didn't want to be a part of what the OT Bible taught. Probably wore on their conscience.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      So, were there many good Israelites who refused to go along with the evil violence of god, or were they all just an evil people with an evil religion? ya know, like the muslims!

Perhaps thats why Christians separated themselves from the Jews. They didn't want to be a part of what the OT Bible taught. Probably wore on their conscience.
      Your butt must be so jealous of the crap that comes out of your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post

The largest Muslim Nation in the world, Indonesia, practices moderate Islam.
        Perhaps you should talk to the Christians living in the Maluku Islands who faced a Muslim militia composed of people from all parts of the country who tried to forcibly expel them from the islands (at one point all Christians were completely driven out of the Banda Islands). A militia that was largely armed and assisted by Indonesian troops. Prior to the attempted expulsion there were roughly an equal number of Christians and Muslims but for 30 some years before open conflict broke out the Indonesian government started a program to move over a quarter million Muslims into the area leading to attempts at the Islamization of the region.

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        And, Saudi Arabia’s crown prince has vowed to return the country to “moderate Islam”
        Let's hope he succeeds and maybe women will be allowed to drive a car, go out in public without being accompanied by a male relative and maybe not be forced back into a burning building to die because they weren't properly attired when they tried to escape the flames.
        Last edited by rogue06; 11-30-2017, 02:37 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Perhaps you should talk to the Christians living in the Maluku Islands who faced a Muslim militia composed of people from all parts of the country who tried to forcibly expel them from the islands (at one point all Christians were completely driven out of the Banda Islands). A militia that was largely armed and assisted by Indonesian troops. Prior to the attempted expulsion there were roughly an equal number of Christians and Muslims but for 30 some years before open conflict broke out the Indonesian government started a program to move over a quarter million Muslims into the area leading to attempts at the Islamization of the region.
          And Voice of the Martyrs has been testifying of Christian persecution there for years.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            ACK, it's growing again!

Carpe, I did see your post but I haven't had time to give it the answer it deserves.
            No rush. I have plenty to do!
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Police officer who claims they were tasked with keeping Moore away from the cheerleaders at highschool games (among other accusations) admits that she can't substantiate a word of it.

----------

...in her interview with Breitbart News, Gary repeated her unsubstantiated claims about protecting cheerleaders from Moore. She claimed that her police department “had gotten a complaint that Roy Moore had been standing around watching the cheerleaders.”

“We worked the ball games,” she continued. “We worked all over the stadium. We were told to pay special attention to the cheerleaders’ stage. We had plenty to do at the ball game but that was one of the assignments also.”

Asked whether she was aware of another former or current police officer who would be able to publicly verify those claims, Gary responded, “No. I don’t know anybody that would want to go get on the news and tell it. I don’t. I sure don’t. I wish I did.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-claims-moore/

----------

It seems the mainstream media did such a poor job vetting Gary that they couldn't even get her name right with multiple publications calling her "Faye Gray".
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Certainly there are exceptions but given a relatively peaceful population of c. 270 million it can be said that overall it is not a nation of extremists and that moderate Islam prevails.

“Indonesia’s president said on Monday his country remains a model of moderate Islam, countering critics who point to mass rallies by radical Muslims and the jailing of a Christian politician for blasphemy ...”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKBN19O15C

Let's hope he succeeds and maybe women will be allowed to drive a car, go out in public without being accompanied by a male relative and maybe not be forced back into a burning building to die because they weren't properly attired when they tried to escape the flames.
                Indeed! But the point remains that moderate Islam exists, just as moderate Christianity exists, even though is hasn’t been the case for most of Christian history. E.g. Islam was a widespread and civilising influence in what is now Spain and Portugal for nine centuries. It was the Christians that ran amok at it's downfall, with the Spanish Inquisitions and persecution of Muslims and Jews.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  Certainly there are exceptions but given a relatively peaceful population of c. 270 million it can be said that overall it is not a nation of extremists and that moderate Islam prevails.
                  I just love how you always completely downplay anything that proves you wrong, but overly dramaticize any small incident that lets you accuse people or country you don't like of being homophobes, racists, bigots, etc.

This is why you have no credibility here Tassy. Everyone sees right through your moves.

Comment

I just love how you always completely downplay anything that proves you wrong, but overly dramaticize any small incident that lets you accuse people or country you don't like of being homophobes, racists, bigots, etc.

This is why you have no credibility here Tassy. Everyone sees right through your moves.
                    Actually there are many homophobes, racists, and bigots in this country and we have one of the worst of them running the country. Hmm, how do you guess that happened?

Comment

OK - this one caught my eye. I've been watching people on BOTH sides of the political divide play this game for months or years now. The left pulls out small incidents to "prove" we need gun control; the right pulls out an incident of an undocumented immigrant killing someone to "prove" we need the fence/wall.

When will people realize that an example is not an argument? It's not even a trend. It's just an example. It's a political tool - not a rational argument.
                      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Actually there are many homophobes, racists, and bigots in this country and we have one of the worst of them running the country. Hmm, how do you guess that happened?
                        Nazis?

Comment

I'd say that electing a man who played the race card at every opportunity followed by nominating a corrupt hypocrite who castigated half the country as a "basket of deplorables" just might have something to do with it.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            I'd say that electing a man who played the race card at every opportunity followed by nominating a corrupt hypocrite who castigated half the country as a "basket of deplorables" just might have something to do with it.
                            I am going with Space Nazis controlled by Russian Spies paid for by Trump.

It's so obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              It's like they've defined Nazi as "anyone who disagrees with them," and then wonders where all of these Nazis came from.
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Unable to address the issue, huh?
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment