Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roy Moore accused of sexual contact with 14-year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    When good men support evil, they're not longer good. Choosing not to be a part of the process is not exactly doing nothing.
    If you know that by doing nothing that the greater evil will win, then doing nothing is the same as choosing the greater evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      You did.
      Nope, you're confused Sparko. I didn't vote for Trump. And believe me, they don't come much more evil than Trump. Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing, or in other words beware of pathological liars, like Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Nope, you're confused Sparko. I didn't vote for Trump. And believe me, they don't come much more evil than Trump. Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing, or in other words beware of pathological liars, like Trump.
        You voted for Hillary, who was a known criminal and liar at the time.

Comment

Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing....
          Obviously, you have no clue what this saying means. No surprise.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If you know that by doing nothing that the greater evil will win, then doing nothing is the same as choosing the greater evil.
            It isn't. As Christians, we have other methods at our disposal since our battle is not in this physical realm, but in the spiritual one. The Theologian David Lipscomb had some interesting points on the subject,

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
              Abortion is a neutral issue for me.
              In that case, you have no business describing yourself as pro-life (as the term is commonly understood).
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Wrong, but Trump actually was. He ended up paying out $25 million dollars for his corrupt college. His charitible foundation was found to be nothing more than a personal slush fund. His corrupt business practices of hiring illegals from Poland and then not paying them. Hiring subcontractors and not paying them. He paid off Florida atty gen. with $25,000 to not join in suit brought against him by other states in college case. Laundering money for Russian oligarchs. Sexual abuse of women. And that's only a few of the things that we know of, there's a whole lot more that we pretty much know, we just need gather all the evidence in order to prove it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Obviously, you have no clue what this saying means. No surprise.
                  Obviously you're an idiot. No surprise!

Comment

He's not, as far as I can tell, really pro-life. Most of his talking points on the subject line up closer to the sort of things you regularly hear pro-choicers say. So, for instance, often times you'll hear pro-choicers agree that they'd rather less abortion in this nation, and that abortion should be a last ditch effort, and that's why we should support places like Planned Parenthood.
                    I am both "pro-life" and "pro-choice." The two positions have been painted as mutually exclusive, which is what I have been saying is the problem. I defend both the child's right to live, and the woman's right to choose. That is why I believe solutions need to be put in place that impact what happens BEFORE that choice has to be made. It is the only way I know of to avoid the dilemma abortion represents. I suspect we ALL say there should be less abortion. The "pro-life" people simply take "less" to its ultimate limit and say there should be NO abortion. I agree - there should be no abortion.
                    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Dude, you literally spelled "know" as "no" a few posts back. Might want to lay off on calling others "idiot".

Comment

No. She was accused - and every investigation ever had by every official body found either no cause to indict or insufficient evidence for conviction. Hillary was tried in the media - not in the American judicial system. So she was not a "known criminal." As for being a liar - I did not find Ms. Clinton lied any more or less than the average politician.

I do think she was a stupid choice for a candidate. I do think she is unwise and a poor politician in many respects. I think she skates too close to the ethical line too often, and is too prone to play things "close to the vest" and to engage in deception as a self-protection mechanism. I find some of her ethical choices questionable (i.e., her responses to the people accusing her husband, her choices with regards to the revealed debate questions, etc.) and I find some of her common-sense choices questionable (e.g., her failure to surround herself with ethical people, and with people who had the knowledge she lacked), and I found some of her political choices questionable (her relationship to the DNC during the primaries, etc.).

I found her a better choice than Trump because of the many negative characteristics Trump brought to the table, both personally and professionally, and because I find Trump to be an unethical, repugnant, unscrupulous person in the extreme. Is he evil? I don't tend to characterize people that way. Let's just say his personal flaws are so eggregious he is a hazard in the highest office in the land, IMO.

In terms of cababilities to serve as commander is chief, I agree with the general assessment that Ms. Clinton had more experience, more expertise, and a more suitable temperament than the buffoon currently occupying that office.
                        Last edited by carpedm9587; 12-11-2017, 11:27 AM.
                        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I am both "pro-life" and "pro-choice." The two positions have been painted as mutually exclusive, which is what I have been saying is the problem. I defend both the child's right to live, and the woman's right to choose. That is why I believe solutions need to be put in place that impact what happens BEFORE that choice has to be made. It is the only way I know of to avoid the dilemma abortion represents. I suspect we ALL say there should be less abortion. The "pro-life" people simply take "less" to its ultimate limit and say there should be NO abortion. I agree - there should be no abortion.
                          You're not pro-life. Not as most people understand the concept, at any rate. You're using the term idiosyncratically, in much the same way you've been using so many other words on the forum since your return. Your view generally lines up with the pro-choice view as I've heard many pro-choicers put it. Many of the pro-choicers I know also believe that there should be no abortions. They believe that keeping abortion legal and supporting Planned Parenthood is the way to get there.

Comment

You're not pro-life. Not as most people understand the concept, at any rate. You're using the term idiosyncratically, in much the same way you've been using so many other words on the forum since your return. Your view generally lines up with the pro-choice view as I've heard many pro-choicers put it. Many of the pro-choicers I know also believe that there should be no abortions. They believe that keeping abortion legal and supporting Planned Parenthood is the way to get there.
                            You are entitled to your opinion, Adrift. I recognize that my stance is not "the norm." I do not see "pro-life" and "pro-choice" as mutually exclusive - which is not the norm. But I do believe abortion is a moral evil - is wrong - and ought not occur. I believe it constitutes the death of a human child, and every reasonable effort should be made to eliminate it as a practice. As far as I know, that is the definition of "pro-life."

If it's any consolation - the "pro-choice" camp doesn't think I am "pro-choice" either - they relegate me to the "pro-life" camp.

That dynamic - from both sides - is very interesting. Yes - I am using the term ideosyncratically - because I refuse to accept that one cannot be both pro-life AND pro-choice. One can be both by recognizing the catch-22 this issue represents. There IS a middle ground we can work in to achieve the reduction of carnage. As soon as more people are willing - we might even make progress.
                            Last edited by carpedm9587; 12-11-2017, 11:33 AM.

Comment

No. She was accused - and every investigation ever had by every official body found either no cause to indict or insufficient evidence for conviction.
                              Comey laid out a perfect case for indictment, then choked.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Waaaaannnnhhhhhh..... the dumbest guy on Tweb called me an idiot!

Comment