Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roy Moore accused of sexual contact with 14-year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Sometimes I can go back and "fix it", but other times I've mangled it so badly that I just have to issue a heartfelt apology to the person whose post I mangled.
    Maybe TWeb should use an engine that has a history capability...?
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Is no one else going to point out y'all have been quoting the wrong verse while citing it as the golden rule?

Comment

• Also, die thread, die.

Comment

• Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
          Also, die thread, die.
          Grow thread, grow!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            Grow thread, grow!

I was JUST thinking about him! I was cleaning up my library of infamous Tweb quotes, and I had a whole folder full of Mickiel Rantings.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I was JUST thinking about him! I was cleaning up my library of infamous Tweb quotes, and I had a whole folder full of Mickiel Rantings.
              Yeah, it reminds me of the time he thought lava was caused by fire* being inside rocks. It was a rather strange rant he went on then.

*Not heat, fire. He went to great lengths to separate the two.

Comment

Yeah, it reminds me of the time he thought lava was caused by fire* being inside rocks. It was a rather strange rant he went on then.

*Not heat, fire. He went to great lengths to separate the two.
                Lava IS caused by fire inside rocks...

Do you seriously think it's caused by fire OUTSIDE rocks?

(that's intended to be funny, for the humorously impaired...)
                Last edited by carpedm9587; 05-22-2018, 05:10 PM.
                The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• I thought everyone was familiar with the role of the fire slug in the creation of lava, but guess not.
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    I thought everyone was familiar with the role of the fire slug in the creation of lava, but guess not.
                    OK - new concept. Have to admit I have never heard of this one.

You are officially a weird person.

Did I mention I like weird people...?

Comment

I thought everyone was familiar with the role of the fire slug in the creation of lava, but guess not.
                      Is that something like the Horta?

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                        OK - new concept. Have to admit I have never heard of this one.

You are officially a weird person.

Did I mention I like weird people...?
                        Well, you've come to the right place then.

Comment

Well, you've come to the right place then.
                          I knew that when I came back to TWeb

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            If you remove Jesus' divinity then all you're left with are hollow, feel-good guidelines that you're free to accept or reject as the situation allows. Big deal.

And claiming that a certain guideline has moral authority because it seems to work out OK for most people who try it shows your complete ignorance of the concept of moral obligation. Sure, the "Golden Rule" works, but why shouldn't atheists follow the other "Golden Rule of Nature" that says "Always do what is in one's own best interest" and "Whatever one can get away with doing is permissible"? If Jesus is not divine then those "Golden Rules" have just as much moral authority as the more traditional version.
                            Not so. Mutual reciprocity evolved as an instinctive means of restraining individual selfishness and building more cooperative groups. For any social species such as ours, the benefits of being part of a supportive group greatly outweigh the benefits of individualism.
                            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

This isn't Pokémon.

Comment